Diamonds in December available for all bookings?

Hobie

I know that RCI often offers double cruise credits for cruises in December. I am interested in booking a December cruise but wonder if the double credits offer is only good for new bookings "after" the offer is announced.

I want to book the cruise now, but will wait until later in the year, if my booking does not qualify for double credits because it was made before the offer is announced (assuming that it is announced again).

Please advise about your knowledge or experience in getting double credits for a December cruise.

Thank you.

lastyear the cruise had to start in December, so if Nov/Dec it did not count.

And of course you must be Diamond or above in status.

Not quite.

They published a list of cruises to which the point bonus applied, and it included cruises that started in November but had days in December. (although I don't know how many days it was)

Not quite.

They published a list of cruises to which the point bonus applied, and it included cruises that started in November but had days in December. (although I don't know how many days it was)

I don't think there were many. In 2011 and maybe even 2010, DnD was more inclusive of cruises starting in November but they seemed to pare it down in 2012. I remember people complaining on these boards (of course:rolleyes:) that their cruises didn't qualify.

There are no guarantees that the December Diamond event will be offered in 2013. So, if you want to cruise in December - go for it...........if it happens then you are getting 2X points..........if it doesn't and the 2X is important........then cancel before final payment.

lastyear the cruise had to start in December, so if Nov/Dec it did not count.

And of course you must be Diamond or above in status.

These ships and itineraries were also eligible for double or triple points during the 2012 December Celebration...

Rhapsody of the Seas on 11/29/12

Jewel of the Seas on 11/29/12

Liberty of the Seas on 11/29/12

Monarch of the Seas on 11/30/12

Majesty of the Seas on 11/30/12

Legend of the Seas on 11/30/12

Not quite.

Not last year and there were many disappointed passengers specially those on the indie TA

A Loyalty Ambassador told me that there is a real possibility that the Diamonds in December promotion will be dropped this year. So I'd advise anyone that wants to cruise in December, book your cruise anyway and if you get extra points, so much the better, but don't book just because you may be getting extra points.

One thing though, maybe this Carnival Cruise fiasco will discourage enough folks from cruising that Royal will need to run the promotion again. My guess, however, is that by December, the Carnival Triumph nightmare cruise will be long forgotten by many.

Not quite.

Not quite either. The voyager cruise started on the 24th Nov and ended 8th December. So it had more days sailing in December than November but it didn't qualify.

Archived