Would you ever sail on the Triumph after what has happened.

A Sixth?

Would you sail on the Triumph in the futer  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sail on the Triumph in the futer

• Yes, it'll be cleaned and repaired to above cruise ship standards
    • Yes, but I'll wait for clean reports and give it some time
    • Not unless it's so cheap I don't care if the toilets work
    • Not a chance. Old ship, problems with a track record....

No way and not just because of what happened! We sailed the Spirit couple years ago on a Alaska cruise...so much better food, entainment, service etc. I hope this ship is not an example of what Carnival ships have become! I will be checking for reviews on other Carnival ships before we decide to take another cruise on one of their ships!

Never have, never would sail on Carnival. Have always thought of it as sub-standard. Have compared pics and experiences among friends who have, and no thanks. We've always sailed RCCL - Emerald status or Princess. Vacation is meant to be fabulous, and I just don't feel Carnival is up to par with all the other choices out there.

If you have never cruised with Carnival, how do you know it's not "up to par" or "sub-standard"? We cruised RCCL one time, and would never go back. Carnival has always treated us right, the food is better, the crew is better, and the prices can't be beat! So, don't knock it if you haven't tried it!

Heavens no...the ship needs to be retired. Would not have sailed on Carnival to begin with....in fact we truly weren't ever going to sail on any ship....love our Caribbean vacations too much. We did an Azamara Med cruise last year and loved it. I know too many people who have sailed Carnival and have gotten sick from the food long before this...too many problems with Carnival.

No flames, please....and no pun intended.

Try to stop me lol Im platinum with Carnival ,Galveston is drivable and I love the Triumph.I just hope we get to keep her when she comes out sparkly clean and new. As far as the people who dont like Carnival-different strokes for different folks-I didnt like Royal Caribbean or Norwegian as wee(still wouldnt turn my nose up at a cruise though) just like the feel of Carnival best for my personality.So- see yall on the Triumph...

Since I own dogs and know what they track back into my house every day, and the grandkids aren't free from germs and have sticky fingers that go lots of places I wouldn't expect, and my heat is forced air and so is my cooling so everything is distributed to every nook and cranny as airborne particles, nope wouldn't have a problem with cruising on the Triumph.

If some of the above posters would NEVER sail on Carnival, why are they even on these boards?

For those that think the ship would be too gross to be on, you make me laugh! Do you sleep in hotels? Have you been on any other cruise ship? Imagine what has been in those beds, puked up on the floors, etc. This ship will be cleaner the first few sailings than anything else on the seas or land!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are about to sail on Splendor, whose troubles were worse, because a bucket-list cruise came available at a good price. If some sequence of unlikely miracles brings Costa Concordia back into the fleet offering a cheap cruise out of Seattle to Hong Kong we'd book in an instant. Same parameters for Triumph.

I thought I read a while back that the Concordia would cost more to salvage and repair than a new ship and that they canned any plans of bringing it back. Things may have changed though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I would not sail Triumph. Even though I know it will be refurb'd, I can't get past the idea of sewage running down the hallways, etc. Too gross for me. However, I asked the same question of my usual travel mates and all 3 said if the price was right they would surely consider it.

Since we aren't planning on any four-day cruises any time soon, that pretty much rules out the Triumph for us, along with any other ships doing four-day cruises. Maybe Carnival could give the Triumph a complete makeover like they're going to do with the Destiny. Since the Destiny will be renamed the Sunshine, maybe the Triumph could be renamed The Tequila Sunrise, and it's home port could be South Padre Island (after a dock has been built for it). It could be primarily for Spring breakers and those that want to sail around for four or five days, get drunk and party their butts off, and visit places like New Orleans, Cozumel, and Key West. I get the impression the Triumph pretty much smells like a Frat house now anyhow.:eek::rolleyes:

YES! We sailed on Triumph last Oct and had an amazing time! (review in my sig line) We were booked for one of the cancelled itineraries and will be cruising on her in October. I bet she will be in tip top shape then and we can't wait. Bottom line, the ship is a machine and machines can break down. The crew handled things very well from all the reports I have heard and that does not surprise me if it was the same crew we had in October!

Yes..without a doubt...in fact, I am booked on her for the second time this coming September. I sailed on her last September..cruise #10...and it was one of the most fun cruises I have been on. The crew was outstanding, even back then.

I believe that Carnival will bring back the Triumph in even better shape. They have a PR nightmare right now and many, many people will be watching to see how this is handled. Carnival cannot afford any more negative incidents at this time and they certainly cannot afford any negative reviews of the Triumph once it is back in service.

Also, the 4 and 5 day cruises out of Galveston are very popular. Carnival is the only cruiseline out of Galveston (most of the year) and definitley the only cruiseline doing 4-5 day cruises. They have alot to loose if they don't get this right. They will get it right. I have been on 10 cruises, many out of Galveston..every one of them was full..they cant afford to mess this one up.

Archived