Would you ever sail on the Triumph after what has happened.

A Sixth?

Would you sail on the Triumph in the futer  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sail on the Triumph in the futer

• Yes, it'll be cleaned and repaired to above cruise ship standards
    • Yes, but I'll wait for clean reports and give it some time
    • Not unless it's so cheap I don't care if the toilets work
    • Not a chance. Old ship, problems with a track record....

Funny! The Splendor IS the Costa Condordia's Sister!!!:D

We are about to sail on Splendor, whose troubles were worse, because a bucket-list cruise came available at a good price. If some sequence of unlikely miracles brings Costa Concordia back into the fleet offering a cheap cruise out of Seattle to Hong Kong we'd book in an instant. Same parameters for Triumph.

they sanitized her from head to toe - or should I say stem to stern! There are alot of very bad germ swimming around on that ship right now and alot of nooks and crannies for them to hide in and alot of mattresses that were taken up on deck that got rained on so I am hoping that they take the time and money and do things right and then yes - I would!

I don't stop riding my 32 year old harley every time it breaks down, I rebuild the engine, or whatever else went bad, and go back out on her. Machines break down, but they can be rebuilt, and repaired back to perfectly functioning status.

Never have, never would sail on Carnival. Have always thought of it as sub-standard. Have compared pics and experiences among friends who have, and no thanks. We've always sailed RCCL - Emerald status or Princess. Vacation is meant to be fabulous, and I just don't feel Carnival is up to par with all the other choices out there.

I would totally sail on her after they make the repairs! Thousands have sailed on Splendor after it had gone through the same thing!! I haven't seen any complaints about mold or smells on that ship.

However, next time I cruise I will definitely think about things I should pack, that I might not have thought of before...yay for overpacking!! :)

Never have, never would sail on Carnival. Have always thought of it as sub-standard. Have compared pics and experiences among friends who have, and no thanks. We've always sailed RCCL - Emerald status or Princess. Vacation is meant to be fabulous, and I just don't feel Carnival is up to par with all the other choices out there.

And this person logged into CC for the first time in 3 years to troll on the Carnival thread and double post. Love it!

Please go to your little RCCL board. You'll be much happier there.

No, I'd never sail on Carnival regardless of what happened! We are Emerald status on RCCL, and love it - for good reason! I've always thought of Carnival as low-end and sub-standard. Also for good reason.

Isint someone precious! Fires can happen & have on RCCL! Hmm according to most travel sites & experts CCL & RCCL are head to head competitors like chevy & ford! Sorry to burst bubbles but RCCL isint the bentley of cruises, or even close RCCL is a mass market cruiseline, a ford or chevy just like CCL is!

I would sail if price was right... I wouldn't book the first couple of voyages for the fact that drydocks/repairs sometimes fall behind schedule... I don't want to deal with that... (I would get on the first voyage if I could walk on the day it arrives in port and didn't have to book any in advance).

Ask yourself if they've sold the Splendor after the November 2010 fire. They had the same situation... no toilets and all that... and all they had to do was fix the ship up in drydock (it took about three months, I think) and put it back in service.

In fact, the Splendor today is such a huge asset to Carnival that it's about to become the newest big deal in New York City... where it will sail full on every cruise, I'm sure.

They didn't sell the Splendor, or transfer it over to one of their affiliated cruise lines... they didn't even re-name it. So, that should give you a pretty good idea of what they'll do with the Triumph.

Archived