Carnival Triumph Passengers Praising Crew

Watching CNN coverage of passengers disembarking the Triumph and almost to a person they are praising the crew. So glad they are spotlighting the crew.

I have only cruised Carnival once and a few other Cruiselines sporadically. I have taken twenty something RCI cruises. What keeps me coming back besides the obvious vacation fun? The Crew and the Ships.

Viva la Cruising!

Continuing to watch passengers disembark....many are saying despite the horrendous conditions, as families they became closer, much closer. They met people in extraordinary situations that they admired.

I know the bulk of comments will be negative about the Carnival Triumph.....but some good always comes out of bad situations and I hope people keep that in mind.

One of the passengers said it was a "Tent City" poolside. They couldn't sleep in their cabins because of the sanitary (toilet) conditions.. Hallways were full of not only passengers sleeping but crew as well. Think about it, no crew members have balconies. And they were basically on duty 24/7 because of the emergency situation.

The stories coming out are that if you had a balcony cabin you were way better off.

I think regardless of which cruise line it was - it could happen to any of them.

Great to hear them praising the crew :D That would indeed make/break a bad situation and I hope those crew members are rewarded. I think most people can cope with a disaster as long as their basic needs are met and they're treated with respect.

Fortunately, it was in a tropical climate and they could camp out poolside. Imagine if this happened on an Alaskan cruise?? :eek:

All you can do is roll with it in a scenario like that - glad to hear they're all safe! :)

I watched the CNN coverage last night and I did not hear one bad thing about the crew. A lot of praise. I hope that they are well compensated by Carnival for going above and beyond in this situation. Had to be a tough ordeal. Unfortunately those same people praising the crew did not have the same comments about the management. Glad that this is over for the passengers and crew.

Watching CNN coverage of passengers disembarking the Triumph and almost to a person they are praising the crew. So glad they are spotlighting the crew.

I have only cruised Carnival once and a few other Cruiselines sporadically. I have taken twenty something RCI cruises. What keeps me coming back besides the obvious vacation fun? The Crew and the Ships.

Viva la Cruising!

Stockholm Syndrome???

With all of the talk about how passengers will be compensated, I wonder how the crew will be handle going forward if the Triumph is out of commission until April as reports state. Will they be put on other ships? Given paid vacation? I'd hate to think that the crew would lose a couple of months of income as a result.

It's nice to hear. I thought of them many times while listening to the reports. I wonder how they're doing today?

I'm guessing that soon we'll have a poster come to this thread to tell us how we should NOT be praising the crew and how they were just "doing their job." He's coming soon, watch...

With all of the talk about how passengers will be compensated, I wonder how the crew will be handle going forward if the Triumph is out of commission until April as reports state. Will they be put on other ships? Given paid vacation? I'd hate to think that the crew would lose a couple of months of income as a result.

Carnival posted this on their Facebook about crew members:

"We’ve had some questions about the crew. Once the last guest is off the ship, hotel crew has the option to either stay on board or go to a hotel here in Mobile we have provided for them. They will spend 2-3 days in hotels here.

For hotel crewmembers close to completing their contract, we will compensate them for the full term as they begin their vacation early. For those who recently signed on, we will transfer them to other Carnival ships.

The deck and engine crew will stay on board to help us reposition the vessel to the shipyard tomorrow. They will then have hotel rooms Friday night and onward, as they will stay with the ship to help with repairs. "

Archived