Need Dining Advice! On the Equinox in a few days. :)

DeRon

Any advice for us? We prefer select dining, but are scheduled for 8:30 traditional. We enjoy eating at tables for 2 on cruises. How (when and where) do I change this to Select Dining? Is it possible? Will they make such a change for a nice tip? Is that a no-no?

Or...do you think I should change?? Ha! We are just used to Princess and NCL's anytime dining, freedom of schedule, etc. but maybe tradition is a blessing in disguise??

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Any advice for us? We prefer select dining, but are scheduled for 8:30 traditional. We enjoy eating at tables for 2 on cruises.

Did you request a table for two?

How (when and where) do I change this to Select Dining? Is it possible? Will they make such a change for a nice tip? Is that a no-no?

Others have said how to change, but no one mentioned "a nice tip" - I don't think it will be appropriate to offer the nice tip up front, but it is appropriate to thank the maitre'd with a nice tip after the fact.

Or...do you think I should change?? Ha! We are just used to Princess and NCL's anytime dining, freedom of schedule, etc. but maybe tradition is a blessing in disguise??

Unless the late time of dining is difficult for you, maybe trying the MDR experience could be fun. If you didn't ask for the table for two, you might get a wonderful larger table with happy dinner conversations every night. We have had that experience - table companions that we looked forward to seeing, and trading stories of our day's experiences. I hope for you that is your experience. The added bonus of a set table, is that the wait staff learns your preferences. They greet you like old friends; in our case, we have a bottle of Pellegrino waiting for us; the asst waiter/waitress knows that we have espresso after a meal. That familiarity is a comfortable bonus to our experience. We are doing Select for the first time, for a variety of reasons, and that is the one thing I don't look forward to - changing waitstaff all the time. I'm hoping we can get the same people every night.

Beth

If Select was full when you booked, it may well still be full when you sail and if that is the case there is no room for you in that venue. No harm in asking once on the ship, but if it's full, there isn''t much they can do to move you.

If that is the case you may want to try some other options available.

Bistro on 5

Dinner from room service on your balcony (Dining Room menu available during regular dining room hours)

Buffet

Speciality Restaurants

Yes.

We have met some wonderful people dining at a large table in the MDR. We have never had a bad experience and met folks from all over the world. We are still in touch with many of them & and have visited others.

Hope you find a large table to be one of the best parts of your cruise.

We've only had to sit with a group 2 different times (total of 6 of us) on a Royal Caribbean and on Carnival. Carnival's was awkward the 1st night, then became fun. RC's was a disaster...chemistry just wasn't there.

Maybe we should give it another try...??? Dunno

We've only had to sit with a group 2 different times (total of 6 of us) on a Royal Caribbean and on Carnival. Carnival's was awkward the 1st night, then became fun. RC's was a disaster...chemistry just wasn't there.

Maybe we should give it another try...??? Dunno

If the chemistry just isn't there don't be reluctant to ask to join another table. That happened to us one time, and when we joined another table we had a great time each dinner.

Archived