What do YOU ask your pre cruise concierge for?

Junebug27

We asked for 1% milk for coffee, regular coffee & tea, and plenty of Splenda. We also made selections from the pillow menu and indicated that we're not a fan of "canapes" and would prefer fresh fruit and other healthy snacks instead.

The pre-cruise concierge also took notes about our on-board booking preferences (Chef's Table, Spa, etc) that couldn't be booked in advance so that the onboard concierge can be prepared to address those requests when we board.

We are 2 weeks out and emailing the pre cruise concierge today. Any ideas? What do you ask for?

So far we are thinking:

Bucket of beer on ice for my husband

Fridge emptied

Fruit and cheese each day for my daughter.

Assistance with signing up for the Chef's Table. The pre cruise concierge indicated that she couldn't sign us up for it, but she would pass the request along to the ship concierge.

Once we boarded, the concierge said she was already aware of our request and that we would be attending.

I just used them once. Asked the fridge be emptied. The program is ok and found out they gave out wrong information. I asked 3 times what night the captain's cocktail party was and they kept telling me Sunday night. I kept reading here on CC that it was monday night. So I would call back to double check and be placed on hold for a long time and then they would say again, it was sunday. I was trying to book our entertainment and dinner around it. But they were wrong and the people at CC were right. It was monday night.

Not saying the program is worthless but anything like the fridge or pillows can easily be handled the moment you get on board. You can switch pillows at any time with house keeping. You can get ice anytime and order anything instantly when you get on board.

Not sure I will ever use them again since a few things got more complicated then they should have. I requested a spanish speaking butler for my inlaws. But found out they sent all welcome letters and instructions to the room in spanish instead. So I learned there can be problems if you tend to over plan a vacation. Because if something you pre-order is incorrect, it is much more difficult to correct again. If you handle things once you get on board, less chance for error IMO.

Thank you all! Great suggestions!! Our last trip, 2.5 years ago, we were in a suite but the pre cruise concierge service wasn't around yet!

We will have to skip the chefs table, although we would love it. Our other travel companion is our 18 month old daughter! We will do specialty restaurants with her but I think the chefs table might be pushing it!

Can the pre-concierge set up dinner reservations. I'll be on my first "suite" cruise in November and since I'm traveling solo, I've heard that there can be trouble booking the reservations on line.

I am sure they could. But you can also do this online yourself. But all restaurant booking require paying in FULL at time of booking.

I am sure they could. But you can also do this online yourself. But all restaurant booking require paying in FULL at time of booking.

I've read on here that those trying to book a reservation for one on line either can't or has to book it for two and then get a refund, for the plus one) on board. I'd rather just get the booking correct at time of booking. Have no problem paying at time of booking.

Well, some may not be happy with my answer here but I feel the problem on some ships is the ship concierge and not the pre-concierge desk. I have full faith in the service, not the concierge's on the ships per say. On the Gem, Star (2x) and the Sky I had all requests filled and the room ready to my specifications. On the Epic, it was just not so. The Concierge lied to me at first and said a request was never sent. Then after he was busted due to a trip to the ship's infirmary he said yes, it was sent but the writing was so small that he missed it. Karin on the sky did not miss it, Anna Maria on the Gem, or Monica on the Star (2X) did not miss it either. The concierge on the Epic did not read what was written imho. I knew it was sent to the Epic because while on the Epic I contacted my PCC TO SEE WHAT WAS WRITTEN ON THE FORM. I also checked prior to sailing that everything was noted, especially my note, "Feather free suite, Very allergic to feathers! "

Cherie

We sailed in a penthouse last year and did not receive any pre-cruise communication from a concierge. We'll be sailing in another penthouse in April. When should we hear from the concierge? Where do we get a copy of the menu that was mentioned?

Thanks!

I have been told if I don't hear from them by 45 days out, contact them at 1-855-625-4283 DML

Newbie here:

What's in the fridge that needs to be emptied, and what will go in its place?

Thanks!

The usual sodas, waters, and mini-bar items, as I understand it. It costs you money to drink them, save...if you're in the GV, OS, or DOS, you can drink the non-alcoholic items without paying extra, and those three rooms (I'm not sure...is Haven the equivalent on ships with Haven?) have an alcohol perk of six (for GV) or three (for OS/DOS) full-sized bottles of alcohol that comes with the room, so there's no reason to have the mini-bar items in the room anyway.

Since a lot of people cannot drink them for free, they often have them removed so no one in the room drinks them and gets charged...and so they have room to put their own drinks in there...drinks they've brought aboard with them.

In my case, I'll be in a DOS, so I'll be asking them to keep it stocked with water, milk, OJ, and cranberry juice, but since we don't like Pepsi products, we'll be using the rest of the room to store some canned sodas we bring along with us. ;)

DML

Normally you contact them, they don't usually call. Our experience has been hit or miss. Some things are a piece of cake, others not so much. Pre concierge seems to be full of misinformation. They have a script of what they can and cannot do and will not deviate from that, no matter what. On board all requests were fulfilled. Small requests took several/many phone calls and emails and were still wrong. Rectified everything on board. We were in a DOS and the folks in the GV had the same experience. Not a good way to start a cruise.

I never heard from them either, but generally agree that it can all be taken care of once onboard. The one thing I wish I had arranged for ahead of time, was specifying the liquor selections for the room (we were in the GV). I somewhat hesitated pre-arranging it since I knew I wanted to upgrade, and thought it might be better to speak to my butler directly. Turns out, it didn't matter and all it really caused was a delay in receiving the bottles (which I completely understand given how busy embarkation day is for the staff). The result? We had to walk down to the pool bar to retrieve drinks at first. Disaster? Certainly not, but I would think about pre-arranging it next time. Everything else, I agree, can be taken care of on the spot.

Well, today was the day we were allowed to book shows for our upcoming Epic cruise via the pre-concierge, so I took the advice from everyone here and added in some special requests! I hope they get it right, but will be fine if not, I can always ask the butler when we get on the ship. Here's what we asked for:

1. Loungers on balcony instead of chairs

2. Refrigerator emptied

3. Pillow preference ( she actually brought it up, so we chose)

4. Coffee and tea preference (again, she asked, so we gave her our preferences)

5. Extra hangers in closet

6. Menus from all restaurants in room

7. Splenda as the sweetener for coffee

8. Chocolate covered strawberries at embarkation for sail away

9. Told her the kind of snacks we prefer, and to skip the canapé types as we don't like those

10. Made both the show and dinner reservations, and asked her to note our anniversary on one of the reservations.

11. Towel preferences- she asked if we needed extra.

I think that's it! :). The pre-concierge woman was very nice and professional. It was a very pleasant experience! Got to love the suite life! :)

Archived