San Juan? Trolley stop

cwbabe48

Awesome free trolley service. We just walked out from port til we were tired and then hopped on and did the full circuit from between the two forts to make sure we didn't miss anything. Put a tip into the donation box and the silent driver came alive and thanked us.. didn't seem like that happened much for him and he was most appreciative.

I would go to the one to the left (about a block) from the ship's pier. Our trolley filled up at this stop and no one from the next stop (to the right of the pier) was able to get on.

The stop is across from the visitors center.

DaveOKC

Dave is right. Walk off the ship, turn left, and head to the trolley stop, a block or so from the cruise terminal. It's clearly marked. I think there is a Subway Shop by the stop, but I won't swear to it. If you wait at the stop by the cruise ship terminal, you don't have a prayer of getting on.

Once you get to the trolley stop, you have to make sure you get on the right trolley. One of them will take you all the way to the entrance of El Morro, and that's the one you want. The way you can tell is that it has two cars and is an open air trolley.

There is another trolley that goes to El Morro, but it is enclosed and will leave you off at the entrance, and you will have to walk a good distance to get to the castle. The open air car will drop you off and pick you up at the main entrance....a big benefit on a hot day. If the enclosed trolley comes first, resist the temptation to get on it and wait for the open air car. It will be along in a few minutes and is worth the wait.

A year ago we did a back to back and had two stops in San Juan. We did quite a bit of sightseeing using the HOHO trolleys. We also did a city tour with one of the locals for $10 pp. This is one port where you can save a bundle by sightseeing on your own.

I would go to the one to the left (about a block) from the ship's pier. Our trolley filled up at this stop and no one from the next stop (to the right of the pier) was able to get on.

The stop is across from the visitors center.

DaveOKC

I got turned around in my mind -- it was last year after all -- ergo, medium term memory screw up.

Archived