Secret door on Eurodam?

cwbabe48

Holland America usually makes the bow available for certain scenic locations like the Panama Canal, or Glacier Bay. Not for sailaways.

If you are talking the small deck immediately below the Bridge, that is accessable at the front of Deck 6. Not sure the doors are unlocked while sailing tho.

By the way, the doors aren't secret. They are on the deck plans for the ship on the HAL website.

If you are talking the small deck immediately below the Bridge, that is accessable at the front of Deck 6.

I think the OP means the one on deck 7.

Nope, no secret doors on the Noordam.
That's nice, but the OP asked about the Eurodam. :)

I doubt if you will find the doors unlocked too often on a 7 day cruise.

And definitely not on sail-aways.

That was the case on our 7-day cruise on the Eurodam last week, every time I checked the doors were locked. we did have a very windy start to the cruise..

We sailed on the Eurodam last March and we were in room 5003. There was a door just down from our room that led out to a small deck. It was not locked the many times we headed out there. I did not try it on sea days...our cabana was too much fun!

Deck 5 for sure has a door!

We were in cabin 7001 on the eurodam a couple of years ago. There is a door at the end of that hallway (right by the cabin) that I believe said staff only. However, I did open it. On the other side of 7001 is an officer's cabin. It does lead to a small deck. What looks like whited out inside cabins there was some sort of crew area (a gym or something, I don't remember) as you go out on the deck. I didn't seem that it was meant for passengers. There was a small bench out there. I guess you could stand there, but it was very windy.

It is on the deck plans. It was open when I checked, but it could have just as easily been locked as it seemed as it wasn't for passengers.

Whever we go to the bow on Noordam, we pass through the OB. :)

We visit the bow on every cruise and never have any difficulty. Captains have waved to us from the bridge if we are there just before sailaway. :)

Archived