The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Where is the Cheers calculator?

With the recent price increase with the program, the old numbers would need to be adjusted and of course it all depends upon what type of drink that you usually drink to determine whether the program is worth it to you or not. Some people say to get on board and after checking out the costs associated with the various drinks to then make a determination if it's worthwhile and purchase it on day two. I think just the opposite because you can do a lot of drinking on day 1 because of three things. One, the excitement of being on vacation. Two, the fact that you have nothing to do from 12-6 or 8 except have lunch, unpack and go to your lifeboat drill and thus you can enjoy many alcoholic concoctions during sailaway. Three, the following day is normally at sea, so you can sleep in if needed.

To break even.....

5 Upgraded Martini's @ 9.95 each

6 Classic Cocktails @ 8.75 each

7 Frozen Drinks @ 7.25 each

8 Crown or Jack & Coke @ 6.25 each

9 16 ounce Domestic Beers @ 5.75 each

10 12 ounce Import Beers @ 4.95 each

Hope this helps.

With the recent price increase with the program, the old numbers would need to be adjusted and of course it all depends upon what type of drink that you usually drink to determine whether the program is worth it to you or not. Some people say to get on board and after checking out the costs associated with the various drinks to then make a determination if it's worthwhile and purchase it on day two. I think just the opposite because you can do a lot of drinking on day 1 because of three things. One, the excitement of being on vacation. Two, the fact that you have nothing to do from 12-6 or 8 except have lunch, unpack and go to your lifeboat drill and thus you can enjoy many alcoholic concoctions during sailaway. Three, the following day is normally at sea, so you can sleep in if needed.

To break even.....

5 Upgraded Martini's @ 9.95 each

6 Classic Cocktails @ 8.75 each

7 Frozen Drinks @ 7.25 each

8 Crown or Jack & Coke @ 6.25 each

9 16 ounce Domestic Beers @ 5.75 each

10 12 ounce Import Beers @ 4.95 each

Hope this helps.

Plus...also included

soft drinks @ 1.95 each

non alcohol frozen drinks @ 4.75 each

for those times you aren't/don't feel like having alcohol :)

This question may have already been answered on this thread, but the thread is too long for me to read entirely, so, my here's my question

DH is booked with 2 of our children in one room

I am booked in another room with my mom and 1 child

My mom does not drink, but DH and I do.

Will Carnival let us change our rooms so that DH and I are in the same room and we would both buy the Cheers Program?

Sailing from Galveston - what's the best way to have drinks the first day and not pay through the nose? Any ideas? I'm assuming they don't adjust the Cheers program "backwards"?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Moderation.

Ok, here's a question I haven't seen asked yet. It seems like the consensus is that once you hit your 15, you are completely cut off. Not to sound like a lush, but on a sea day I can easily hit the 15 and not be drunk. Beer while hanging with the wife by the pool, drinks around dinner, then shows or comedy club till midnight is 10-12 hours of drinking. At 1-2 drinks per hour the 15 limit is really easy to hit. Now my question:::

Do drinks purchased because they are over the $10 limit count toward the limit? What I am looking at is on sea days just buying a bucket of beer when I first go up to the pool deck. This would not fall under Cheers because it is well over the $10. Also pitchers in the Red Frog? How do they count toward the 15?

I just don't want to hit a sea day where I am slowly but steadily drinking all day and when we go to watch a show or hit the comedy club, suddenly I am cut off because I hit the limit.

Edited by Rich&Stacey

This question may have already been answered on this thread, but the thread is too long for me to read entirely, so, my here's my question

DH is booked with 2 of our children in one room

I am booked in another room with my mom and 1 child

My mom does not drink, but DH and I do.

Will Carnival let us change our rooms so that DH and I are in the same room and we would both buy the Cheers Program?

I would put yourself and your husband in the same room. Your Mom with the kids. So yes, you can do it that way so you can both buy it. The way you are now...your Mom has to buy it too if you do. Not sure why you are booked the way you are (past guest rates, senior etc) but have a chat with your PVP and explain why.

Ok, here's a question I haven't seen asked yet. It seems like the consensus is that once you hit your 15, you are completely cut off. Not to sound like a lush, but on a sea day I can easily hit the 15 and not be drunk. Beer while hanging with the wife by the pool, drinks around dinner, then shows or comedy club till midnight is 10-12 hours of drinking. At 1-2 drinks per hour the 15 limit is really easy to hit. Now my question:::

Do drinks purchased because they are over the $10 limit count toward the limit? What I am looking at is on sea days just buying a bucket of beer when I first go up to the pool deck. This would not fall under Cheers because it is well over the $10. Also pitchers in the Red Frog? How do they count toward the 15?

I just don't want to hit a sea day where I am slowly but steadily drinking all day and when we go to watch a show or hit the comedy club, suddenly I am cut off because I hit the limit.

OK, so here's my answer as I know it :) And first off...I hear you completely, so not thinking you're a lush lol! "Others" have reported varying answers. Good friends of mine who drink :D (so this is second hand info) they ordered buckets of beer from the bar and charged it to their S&S card during the afternoon. The bartenders kept telling them they couldnt order beer that way on Cheers. They kept saying..no we are paying for them. For a few guys...no issue. But for one fellow...later on when ordering regular cheers drinks he was cut off. He went to guest services, explained the situation, (who knows who drank the beer in those buckets??) and guest services agreed...and he was allowed to continue drinking. One wife was drinking something over $10...paying for it...discount...and she was told that was fine...it wasnt counting toward her 15. Its not supposed to. No different than ordering a bottle of wine at a discount...and that doesnt count towards your limit either.

So go figure...I think initially it all depends on the bartenders and what they believe the rules to be. I know the computer calculates your 15, but in the case of buckets how could they have been included?? They aren't on the program? Anything that is not allowed under the program should not be counted towards it. So to answer your question definitively...its hard because even though you should be allowed to...not all staff know/agree. But for sure...don't get cut off...then there is no option!

"Ok, here's a question I haven't seen asked yet. It seems like the consensus is that once you hit your 15, you are completely cut off. Not to sound like a lush, but on a sea day I can easily hit the 15 and not be drunk. Beer while hanging with the wife by the pool, drinks around dinner, then shows or comedy club till midnight is 10-12 hours of drinking. At 1-2 drinks per hour the 15 limit is really easy to hit. Now my question:::

I just don't want to hit a sea day where I am slowly but steadily drinking all day and when we go to watch a show or hit the comedy club, suddenly I am cut off because I hit the limit."

Our plan when we go is that on the days we are well under the magic 15 (port days probably), is to get a few extra beers and take them back to the cabin and keep them in the mini bar. (We plan on asking our room steward to empty it on the first day.)

That way if we're hitting the limit on any day's we've got "backup beers"!

Ok sorry if someone has posted this already I've read through and have not seen it yet but could have missed it... I see they are included but are they unlimited like soda or Do the virgin daiquiris count towards your 15 drink limit on cheers program?

Ok sorry if someone has posted this already I've read through and have not seen it yet but could have missed it... I see they are included but are they unlimited like soda or Do the virgin daiquiris count towards your 15 drink limit on cheers program?

They dont count towards the 15. Only alcohol drinks count.

"Ok, here's a question I haven't seen asked yet. It seems like the consensus is that once you hit your 15, you are completely cut off. Not to sound like a lush, but on a sea day I can easily hit the 15 and not be drunk. Beer while hanging with the wife by the pool, drinks around dinner, then shows or comedy club till midnight is 10-12 hours of drinking. At 1-2 drinks per hour the 15 limit is really easy to hit. Now my question:::

I just don't want to hit a sea day where I am slowly but steadily drinking all day and when we go to watch a show or hit the comedy club, suddenly I am cut off because I hit the limit."

Our plan when we go is that on the days we are well under the magic 15 (port days probably), is to get a few extra beers and take them back to the cabin and keep them in the mini bar. (We plan on asking our room steward to empty it on the first day.)

That way if we're hitting the limit on any day's we've got "backup beers"!

Great idea, but I would bring a collapsible cooler and have your cabin steward keep it stocked with ice. Place a towel underneath to absorb any excess perspiration and then you can keep your beer and soda very cold instead of maybe just cool because the mini frigs are not that good. Also bring a bottle opener from home in case you order any imports that are not twist offs.

just wanting to verify, I'm a light drinker, would I have to buy the program if my husband does (I'd never get my money's worth from it). Also, do you have to buy it for every day or can you just pick and choose which day's you want?

We were thinking the very same. We have one of those Igloo "playmate" hard sided coolers. Someone else posted that they took some if those extra "Cheers beers" they had accumulated off at the beach ports. Would make sense but not sure if that's allowed.

We were thinking the very same. We have one of those Igloo "playmate" hard sided coolers. Someone else posted that they took some if those extra "Cheers beers" they had accumulated off at the beach ports. Would make sense but not sure if that's allowed.

You can buy a collapsible cooler for under 10 bucks and it'll fit in your suitcase with no problem. An Igloo hard sided cooler would only make sense if you're driving to the port and you don't have to fly. Never tried to confiscate beers or sodas off of the ship to take to a beach.

You can buy a collapsible cooler for under 10 bucks and it'll fit in your suitcase with no problem. An Igloo hard sided cooler would only make sense if you're driving to the port and you don't have to fly. Never tried to confiscate beers or sodas off of the ship to take to a beach.

Forr the record, Carnival has a limit on the size of a cooler of 12X12X12

Let me finish the above!!!!

Usually we take the igloo to put our duty free in so it arrives back to Scotland ok. The baggage handler's are crazy in the UK and any breakables usually are!

With regards to the bottle opener my other half bought a baseball cap with a bottle opener on the cap! He was very happy with his purchase!

:thumbup::p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

Forr the record, Carnival has a limit on the size of a cooler of 12X12X12

That's for a hard sided or a roll on type that will need to go through security....I was talking about a collapsible type that fits in your luggage.

Just wanted to mention that while on the Valor in Jan., with the cheers program, I wanted a plain cranberry juice from the bar. They said I could not do that. However, I could have them pour vodka into 1 glass and cranberry into another glass and have that count as 1 drink.

Seems as though that needs a clarification too.

so can I get a bud light and a glass of bloody mary mix?

:D:D