The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

I've read numerous posts regarding ordering an alcoholic drink with a soft drink. Answer - it really depends on who serves you seems to be the case.

I'm planning on ordering a " virgin" cocktail with a shot of either rum or vodka. So I'm hoping that I'll get both at the same time!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

Good info, pbsteve.

When Carnival announced their Cheers program a while back, I created a spreadsheet to help me decide if the program made sense for us (yep, nerd here :p). I included some of our typical adult beverages, but the spreadsheet certainly does not include every drink possible. It is based on two over-21 adults in the cabin. So I calculate the total cost of what the purchases would add up to without the program. This can help decide if Cheers would make sense even if one person doesn't drink their $49.40 (including gratuity) cost of the program.

Is it possible to attach spreadsheets to a post? I'll try and see what happens. Assuming I'm able to attach it, please understand that the spreadsheet may not be perfect (all prices may not be correct) and may not suit your needs. As they say - your mileage may vary.

Thank you for the excel sheet PlanoTim !!! I was able to edit it to what I think I and my roommate would consume and it gives me a great idea of the cost! Cheers program it is!!

Look for some reef sandals with the bottle opener built in the bottom of them. They are very nice sandals.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Or the ones with a flask in the bottom - love Reefs!

Is it possible to attach spreadsheets to a post? I'll try and see what happens. Assuming I'm able to attach it, please understand that the spreadsheet may not be perfect (all prices may not be correct) and may not suit your needs. As they say - your mileage may vary.

Thank you SO MUCH for creating this spreadsheet! My husband and I are doing a 5 day cruise up the east coast in August and have been debating whether to get the Cheers program - your spreadsheet helped convince me that it's worth it for us! Even if we don't hit the max drinks to make it worth it each day, we'll still get discounts on bottled wine and bottled waters (which I tend to drink a lot of...the water, not the wine, lol) so I think it'll be worth it in the end. Thanks! And, of course, CHEERS!

That's such a shame! Any ideas if Carnival plan on increasing the number of ships offering it?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

I don't know if they will ever offer it on short (number of days) cruise ships

Thank you, Josher61!

I am going to list them for future reference and others!

Carnival Victory, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Conquest; Carnival Legend; Carnival Valor; Carnival Miracle, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Magic, Carnival Pride and Carnival Glory, Carnival Sunshine and the Carnival Liberty.

We had a fantastic trip on the Breeze and feel we got good value for the Cheers program. Three of us in a cabin and never felt like we were going to run out of drinks, we had great service even pool side and we tiped extra accordingly. We even carried off two of the three bottle of wine we brought with us. DW enjoyed trying out drinks she would not have otherwise tested.

Cheers, :)

lol, without knowing what a 101oz tube is :) Im not a beer drinker but I assume thats what it is (someone help me if its a tube of grand marnier :eek: lol) but I would assume so as they state any beer over $10 is eligible for the 25% discount.

Thanks!

One more question...

If you have the cheers program and want to purchase the 101oz tube at the bar do you get the 25% off?

lol, without knowing what a 101oz tube is :) Im not a beer drinker but I assume thats what it is (someone help me if its a tube of grand marnier :eek: lol) but I would assume so as they state any beer over $10 is eligible for the 25% discount.

I don't think the tubes are eligible for the 25% off:

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage

Beverages excluded from the program are:

· Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.

· Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses.

· Bottles of liquor

· Bottled water

· Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

· Beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs.

· Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets.

· Wine and champagne by the bottled (offered at 25% discount)

· All spirits, beer or wine above $10.00 per drink (offered at a 25% discount).

· Beverages offered through enomatic machines.

· Coffee beverages and food items.

· All other beverage-related programs including cookbooks and bar books, beverage seminars and classes, as well as cigars.

Sorry!:(

Hmmmm, I guess that depends on how you interpret it. I know buckets of beer have been bought at the 25% discount. So why not the tubes? Like I said...Im not certain :) But my interpretation of that is...those items are not included under Cheers...

BUT, all spirits, beer or wine above $10 per drink are eligible for discount. A bottle of wine is certainly more than one drink as well and its eligible :)

Hmmmm, I guess that depends on how you interpret it. I know buckets of beer have been bought at the 25% discount. So why not the tubes? Like I said...Im not certain :) But my interpretation of that is...those items are not included under Cheers...

BUT, all spirits, beer or wine above $10 per drink are eligible for discount. A bottle of wine is certainly more than one drink as well and its eligible :)

But as you see above - the bottle of wine and champagne has the parenthesis that it is offered at a 25% discount. The discount on the bucket of beers is not offered thru the Cheers program, it is just their discount on a bucket of beers for anyone. Cheers doesn't give you an add'l discount on a bucket. The tubes, pitchers and large cocktails meant to be shared (this may be the key word - no sharing on the Cheers program) are not offered at a discount. You could try saying the 101 oz tube is just for you but it won't work because they specifically exclude it in the program terms.

But as you see above - the bottle of wine and champagne has the parenthesis that it is offered at a 25% discount. The discount on the bucket of beers is not offered thru the Cheers program, it is just their discount on a bucket of beers for anyone. Cheers doesn't give you an add'l discount on a bucket. The tubes, pitchers and large cocktails meant to be shared (this may be the key word - no sharing on the Cheers program) are not offered at a discount. You could try saying the 101 oz tube is just for you but it won't work because they specifically exclude it in the program terms.

Ok you may be right. Like I said, I dont know for sure about the 101oz.

But regarding the buckets, I do know for sure they are indeed allowed to receive the 25% Cheers dsicount.

My husband and I purchased the Cheers! program when we sailed on the Freedom for our honeymoon in April. It was worth it 100%. We plan on purchasing it again wehn we sail on the Sunshine in May 2014.

I am curious if anyone knows or has purchased one of the "Spiked Floats" or "Spiked Milkshakes" from the "Shake Spot" under the Cheers! program. I know the typical milkshake would not be covered but since it is "spiked" I did not know if it was covered or the discount would be applied. Thanks in advance!

Quick question... Can you drink on the day of debarkation for example Bloody Mary in the morning how does that work with cheers? Or do you just pay for it individually?

Cheers "days" run from 6am...so on your debarkation day...at 6am, your last day of Cheers has expired.

Maybe I just wasn't thinking about it but on the Fantasy I didn't even think a bar was open so you could purchase drinks (with or without Cheers). Seemed like they shut everything down to get ready for the next group coming aboard. But again, maybe I just didn't notice.

Edited by wannago35

Ok, I have read the entire thread but haven't seen an answer to my question as yet.

OH and I will be in separate cabins (travelling with children). I will most likely get cheers but OH doesn't drink, so he wont.

Can he go to the bar with my S&S card and get a drink for me or do I have to go each time?

( please note: I am not asking about sharing or doing anything outside of the rules, my OH treats me like a princess and I am happy to let him. All I am asking is if he can get my drink for me or if I will need to get off my own backside and get my own :) )

The technical answer to this is no. Your card, you get your drinks. Your OH doesnt have the "right" to get drinks on you S&S regardless of Cheers. Now, the good news :) find a friendly bartender, explain the situation, if your OH NEVER orders alcohol on their S&S, and they "know" who you are and who your OH is getting the drinks for, they may choose to accommodate you, likely be more inclined with a nice tip :D