S class cabins

miss-heli

Just about to book our first cruise with Celebrity.

Am very grateful for all the info on this forum ( in particular the wonderful cabin spreadsheet)

Have narrowed the choice of cabin down to a 2c Aft.

Could anyone please confirm which cabins in this location have the larger balcony 6301 to cabin ? (6302/3) already reserved.

Many thanks

Am very grateful for all the info on this forum ( in particular the wonderful cabin spreadsheet)

Could anyone please confirm which cabins in this location have the larger balcony 6301 to cabin ? (6302/3) already reserved.

Many thanks

Please refer to the review (links below) to find the right cabin.

Deck 6 is not a good choice on S-Class ships.

However, last 8 balconies on both sides are larger.

Balconies 6291-6303 are slightly larger (deeper), partially open.

6289 is a bit larger too (angled) (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse).

The Silhouette and the Reflection have one more balcony of this kind (last 9 balconies).

Many thanks

What ship will you be on? Are you aware that 2C's have partially obstructed views--by the lifeboats? This means you will not be able to look down to the water, only out. Also, since there are no aft elevators on S class, it's a bit of a hike to get to the midship elevators any time you want to go anywhere.

If the price of this cabin is great, it may be worth it. Personally on my 4th S class cruise I have been lucky to get a cabin right by the midship elevators and I'm very excited about it. I can recommend the 2B's on 'the hump' on the 6th floor--great location AND views.

Please refer to the review (links below) to find the right cabin.

Deck 6 is not a good choice on S-Class ships.

However, last 8 balconies on both sides are larger.

Balconies 6291-6303 are slightly larger (deeper), partially open.

6289 is a bit larger too (angled) (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse).

The Silhouette and the Reflection have one more balcony of this kind (last 9 balconies).

Thank you for your advice.

I am sure Deck 6 does not offer the best cabins but the cost per person to move to the next grade (2B) is £500 ($750).

I am just trying to work out the best on offer in my price range:)

Thank you for your advice.

I am sure Deck 6 does not offer the best cabins but the cost per person to move to the next grade (2B) is £500 ($750).

I am just trying to work out the best on offer in my price range:)

Oh my gosh! You're right--that is definitely not worth it. In our case it was $50/pp. That seems crazy. What cruise are you considering?

I too would try for the 2C's near the mid ship elevators. We were in 6246 on Equinox and really enjoyed it. Obstruction was nearly non existant, unless you want to look straight down.

Joe

Well, we really like deck 6, and we've been in 6236 on Eclipse, 6306 on Equinox, and have booked 6301 on Equinox for end April :-)

I know it's a long walk back to the cabin from the middle of the ship, but to be honest, we find we need to walk off the fantastic meals,lol

We never found the view a problem in 6236 (hump cabin) and know that the top the the Tuscan Grill will be our 'view down' but it doesn't bother us in the slightest. The cabins at the back of the ship don't get much passing 'traffic' and we found it really quiet.

Lou

Oh my gosh! You're right--that is definitely not worth it. In our case it was $50/pp. That seems crazy. What cruise are you considering?

Silhouette .....12 night from Venice.

The only cabins at the offer price are 2c.

2b and above are not reduced at the moment.

I am tempted to wait and see what happens but have my flights booked already and don't want to miss out

Silhouette .....12 night from Venice.

The only cabins at the offer price are 2c.

2b and above are not reduced at the moment.

I am tempted to wait and see what happens but have my flights booked already and don't want to miss out

Well then you should def book it; and if prices go down, you may have an option to move if you choose to. Sounds like a great trip!

Well, we really like deck 6, and we've been in 6236 on Eclipse, 6306 on Equinox, and have booked 6301 on Equinox for end April :-)

I know it's a long walk back to the cabin from the middle of the ship, but to be honest, we find we need to walk off the fantastic meals,lol

We never found the view a problem in 6236 (hump cabin) and know that the top the the Tuscan Grill will be our 'view down' but it doesn't bother us in the slightest. The cabins at the back of the ship don't get much passing 'traffic' and we found it really quiet.

Lou

Thanks for the feedback Lou.

I thought that the rear cabins would be quiet with little passing traffic.

Some people have complained about vibration from thrusters when docking.

As we are on a port intensive cruise this may be a problem. Did u find any issue with this.

Thanks

Helen

Thanks for the feedback Lou.

I thought that the rear cabins would be quiet with little passing traffic.

Some people have complained about vibration from thrusters when docking.

As we are on a port intensive cruise this may be a problem. Did u find any issue with this.

Thanks

Helen

Thruster caused vibration varies depending on water current, wind speed/direction and depth of water. In most cases, you won't feel anything.....but in some situations you may feel vibration.

I have been in 6303 before and disagree with the statement that deck 6 is not good. I was happy with the price for my cabin and the only

obstruction was looking down. Under the balcony is the roof of a Specialty restaurant but the balcony is a good size and the cabin very nice.:)

Archived