Princess cust service

bstenseth

Just got off the phone with them for a december booking and that lady was the rudest person i have come across. We have sailed with them the last three cruises and this is going to be the last. Just makes me mad, pay all this money and get a crab like that. If you dont want to anwser my questions transfer me to someone who does, if you dont like your job quit......

Just got off the phone with them for a december booking and that lady was the rudest person i have come across. We have sailed with them the last three cruises and this is going to be the last. Just makes me mad, pay all this money and get a crab like that. If you dont want to anwser my questions transfer me to someone who does, if you dont like your job quit......

Don't let contact with one person change your thoughts about all of Princess. Did you ask to speak to someone else or do the survey at the end of the conversation? If you completed a booking with this person call back and ask for a supervisor so they know this person isn't up to standards.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. What questions couldn't she answer? Perhaps the experienced cruisers here can give you some help.

maybe I am wrong... but someone told me that many of the cruise line agents that answer the phones are actually "work at home" people that don't actually work at a physical Princess location. Now, maybe that isn't true, but that would sure answer a lot of questions about the type of service your receive... NO supervisor listening in... or other reps around to hear you...

As for chucking an organization because of one person... when I get bad service... doesn't matter where, I call back and speak to a supervisor and voice my complaint. That is the ONLY way bad behavior is corrected!!

maybe I am wrong... but someone told me that many of the cruise line agents that answer the phones are actually "work at home" people that don't actually work at a physical Princess location. Now, maybe that isn't true, but that would sure answer a lot of questions about the type of service your receive... NO supervisor listening in... or other reps around to hear you...

As for chucking an organization because of one person... when I get bad service... doesn't matter where, I call back and speak to a supervisor and voice my complaint. That is the ONLY way bad behavior is corrected!!

I've had several home-based (much less background noise) Princess customer services reps & all of them were good. I believe they have the same options to check for answers as those at a call center. As you said, if there's someone not doing their job properly then I will also talk to a supervisor or write a letter.

I won't let a bad experience with a 1st level employee affect me when choosing anything because it can happen practically everywhere. No company wants an employee who is rude & in all of my dealings with Princess have never had anything but great service.

Really? You are going to stop cruising with a line because you came across one rude employee? I would have just asked for someone else.

I know....if I stopped dealing with companies because of one rude employee, I might never come out side again.

I deal with them daily and I have to say they are some of the nicest, most helpful reps. 99% of the time. I will gladly call them vs. dealing with the grouches at HAL. I don't know if it's the weather up there that gets them so grouchy or what, but they, and the totally unhelpful agents at Carnival are truly the worst out of all the cruise lines.

You must've just gotten a rotten apple. Call back. Your chances are really, really good that you'll get an exceptional agent. :)

I've had several home-based (much less background noise) Princess customer services reps & all of them were good. I believe they have the same options to check for answers as those at a call center. As you said, if there's someone not doing their job properly then I will also talk to a supervisor or write a letter.

I won't let a bad experience with a 1st level employee affect me when choosing anything because it can happen practically everywhere. No company wants an employee who is rude & in all of my dealings with Princess have never had anything but great service.

FYI... I had a friend who was a "work-at-home" Princess agent (she's since moved up in the organization). All their equipment is provided by Princess and they are subject to the same scrutiny as the folks in the call center (management can listen in and watch their screens in real-time). They are expected to dress appropriately (business casual) and management drops by for surprise visits to make sure that all is in order. If it isn't, the work-at-home privileges are taken away and they're sent back to the call center.

And, from what I understand, the reservation agents that speak directly with passengers are now empowered to give out their direct phone numbers...

FYI... I had a friend who was a "work-at-home" Princess agent (she's since moved up in the organization). All their equipment is provided by Princess and they are subject to the same scrutiny as the folks in the call center (management can listen in and watch their screens in real-time). They are expected to dress appropriately (business casual) and management drops by for surprise visits to make sure that all is in order. If it isn't, the work-at-home privileges are taken away and they're sent back to the call center.

And, from what I understand, the reservation agents that speak directly with passengers are now empowered to give out their direct phone numbers...

Thanks Rick for the additional info & being able to work from home they should be very, very happy! :D

Hi All

A few times we have called Princess UK and our call has been transfered to US call handlers, so far all have been very nice, in fact all have got quite excited that thy were chatting to a non US person, some said they could not assist as our question was a UK booking condition one, so took details e mailed UK for some one to call us,

yours Shogun

Thanks fishywood I did that tranfered everyone going with us to a pvp so now i have a contact to deal with directly Thanks again :)

May I ask the definition of a pvp, please? I have to sympathise with you regarding rude service for it is more common today than ever. But if you are anything like me or millions of others, your immediate retaliatory reaction was normal because as you stated, "Just got off the phone...". But given some time our anger will be directed more at the individual rather than a company or it's products.

May I ask the definition of a pvp, please? I have to sympathise with you regarding rude service for it is more common today than ever. But if you are anything like me or millions of others, your immediate retaliatory reaction was normal because as you stated, "Just got off the phone...". But given some time our anger will be directed more at the individual rather than a company or it's products.

Could it be a Princess Vacaton Planner?

That will get them, stop cruising Princess because of 1 person. I'm sure they are really worried.

I will be cancelling my April cruise on the Crown because of your experience.

:rolleyes:

We have sailed with them the last three cruises and this is going to be the last. Just makes me mad, pay all this money and get a crab like that. If you dont want to anwser my questions transfer me to someone who does, if you dont like your job quit......

Archived