Eurodam boarding time?

cwbabe48

We always try to leave the hotel around 10:30 to get to the pier by 10:45 - 11 AM.

The doors open at 11 and you are given a boarding number. Then you go through security and move to the check-in lines.

Then you go upstairs and sit until it is your turn to board.

The wheelchair people go first. After them the next people to board are the scooter people. Then the PS passnegers board (sometimes we have boarded before the wheelchair people). After that the S, SA, SB SC and 4 and 5 star Mariners board.

The they start to call the numbers.

This usually all happens starting around 11:30.

Once you are on the ship, about 99% of the time you can go directly to hyour cabin to drop off your carry-ons, etc. before going to lunch, checking out the ship or doing whatever you want to do.

On February 9th we arrived at the pier at 11:05 am. There were no lines and we were checked in (boarding group #5) and waiting in the terminal; boarding started at 11:30 and our number was called around 11:40 am.

Cabins were not ready yet so we head up to the Lido and since there were still not many onboard, we had an early lunch - and first cocktail. ;) Cabins were ready at Noon.

On February 9th we arrived at the pier at 11:05 am. There were no lines and we were checked in (boarding group #5) and waiting in the terminal; boarding started at 11:30 and our number was called around 11:40 am.

Cabins were not ready yet so we head up to the Lido and since there were still not many onboard, we had an early lunch - and first cocktail. ;) Cabins were ready at Noon.

We were in group one. I was told the cabins were not ready due to a staff shortage because of the East Cost Storm. They were expecting fifty additional crew members.

We were in group one. I was told the cabins were not ready due to a staff shortage because of the East Cost Storm. They were expecting fifty additional crew members.

That's probably why. When we boarded we only had one cabin steward; his assistant got stuck in New York on his way from Indonesia. He was there by the time we got back from the muster drill.

We boarded the Eurodam about 11:00 am on Feb 16. I think that was before the stated time. Our cabin was ready and our luggage was there when we returned after lunch.

That must be because the disembarked us early - and fast! That day my alarm went off at 6:30 am and I was surprised that the ship was still moving. When I stepped out on the balcony we were about 6 feet from the dock. :D

Our disembarkation group was for 8:15 - 8:30 am but they called us at 7:45 am. Hardly had time to get a last breakfast :eek::mad:

Our disembarkation group was for 8:15 - 8:30 am but they called us at 7:45 am. Hardly had time to get a last breakfast :eek::mad:

We were in the expedited group and walked off the ship exactly at 7:00 AM. The earliest we have ever left in expedited. It is normally closer to 7:30.

We got a shuttle last week from our hotel at 1045am. I'd guess we were at the cruise terminal by 1115am. No lines at the scanners and we had our room cards and were waiting in the large seating area by 1130am. We were group#14 and waited about 30 minutes. It was easy going and stress free. Very orderly.

Coming back were entered the channel at about 630am and had a relaxed breakfast. We watched them unloading luggage for about 25 minutes before our 8-815am disembark time- we were lime green group 2. No rush, no stress.

Hal seems to have this down pat.

Archived