Europe and The Baltic

DanusLight

I was looking over the cruises offered this year for Europe and the Baltic area. What do you think the chances are that pretty much the same cruises will be offered next year? I realize this is all speculation. But just trying to get an idea of how long Carnival stays in a certain market.

I really hope Carnival returns to Europe in 2014. I currently have the last two cruises on the Legend to Norway, Scotland and Ireland booked but I will be cancelling them shortly. I really want to do those itineraries but I feel that it will be too cold in September to do them. I hope they are scheduled for July or August, 2014 instead. We should know the 2014 itineraries no later than April - hopefully. Last year I booked these mid February.

I really hope Carnival returns to Europe in 2014. I currently have the last two cruises on the Legend to Norway, Scotland and Ireland booked but I will be cancelling them shortly. I really want to do those itineraries but I feel that it will be too cold in September to do them. I hope they are scheduled for July or August, 2014 instead. We should know the 2014 itineraries no later than April - hopefully. Last year I booked these mid February.

Those are the ones I was looking at. But I'd rather go in June or July! I hope they keep something in the Baltic area!!

Legend is on the port schedule for Copenhagen every 12 days June - August

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/...uise-list-2013

(Excel spreadsheet go to tab for 2014)

Liberty is listed in France once on the Riviera port schedule so not sure where else she will be sailing as the other main ports don't have 2014 listings yet

http://www.riviera-ports.com/Display...ES&boat=&port=

I currently have deposits down on a Med cruise with Norwegian but will switch if Carnival has a 12 night option visiting at least some of the same ports.

Legend is on the port schedule for Copenhagen every 12 days June - August

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/...uise-list-2013

(Excel spreadsheet go to tab for 2014)

Liberty is listed in France once on the Riviera port schedule so not sure where else she will be sailing as the other main ports don't have 2014 listings yet

http://www.riviera-ports.com/Display...ES&boat=&port=

I currently have deposits down on a Med cruise with Norwegian but will switch if Carnival has a 12 night option visiting at least some of the same ports.

Thank You!! That was a great thing to read. Now I will continue planning my big 5-0 trip!!

Again, thank you!

Lots of other lines cruise the Baltics, don't limit your focus.

Agree, you should not limit your choice, particularly if you're interested in doing The Baltic Sea, to just CCL. We did this cruise with HAL and were extremely pleased with the itinerary and the cruise line. Sometimes the best part of cruising is shopping around to see what ALL the cruise lines are offering. :)

It's nice to see that apparently Carnival will be returning to Europe next year. We're doing a European cruise this year so we won't be able to do one next year. But my thinking was, if they were having problems filling ships in Europe this year that they might pull out of Europe altogether. If they go back to Europe next year, then hopefully they'll stay in Europe for awhile, and I was thinking of maybe doing a Baltic, Russian, or British Isles cruise with them in a couple of years (2015-2016).

After reading your post I checked out those itineraries - I especially like the 9/1 sailing and I'm considering switching my Princess cruise for this one - it is longer and offers more variety. I think the first week in September will be fine for this itinerary, but agree with you about the one following to Ireland and Scotland - probably too cold.

IMO any time of the year is cold here in the UK. Joking aside, the weather until mid September should be okay. In fact some years the best weather we have is in March/April and September. We have plenty of summer month washouts. Bring waterproofs and warm weather clothing, as well as summer clothing and you will be all set for our great British weather:D.

IMO any time of the year is cold here in the UK. Joking aside, the weather until mid September should be okay. In fact some years the best weather we have is in March/April and September. We have plenty of summer month washouts. Bring waterproofs and warm weather clothing, as well as summer clothing and you will be all set for our great British weather:D.

I took my DD to Ireland for a week last March--the weather was gorgeous! That aside, I wouldn't hesitate to cruise the British Isles any time of year. But, then, I'm an Oregonian so weather is a non-issue. :D

Archived