Clothesline in Bathroom???? (Reflection)

jt58203

Staying in a deluxe veranda on Reflection. Is there a retractable clothesline in the bathroom for hanging wet swimsuits?

(If not, I'll bring my own Rick Steves Travel Clothesline. That's such a great item to travel with, I might bring it anyway!)

Actually, now that you mention it there were no clotheslines. At least on deck 6 we didn't have a line. There are two hooks inside the shower though. When we were on a couple of weeks ago we just hung our suits off the back of the deck chairs and pushed them tight to the wall. :)

I'm going to pack my boca clips for our cruise. I love them and use them to keep my beach towel from blowing off our chairs or slipping down when we go to Aruba. You can clip wet bathing suits (in an unsightly fashion) to your chairs on the balcony...if you have a balcony. I got mine at bed bath and beyond...I just did a search and Wal Mart carries them on line.

$T2eC16h,!yEE9s5jHP(gBQmBu13vv!~~60_35.JPG

Staying in a deluxe veranda on Reflection. Is there a retractable clothesline in the bathroom for hanging wet swimsuits?

(If not, I'll bring my own Rick Steves Travel Clothesline. That's such a great item to travel with, I might bring it anyway!)

What's a Rick Steve's travel clothesline? We are reflections soon and I like to have a clothesline available.

Thanks!

What's a Rick Steve's travel clothesline? We are reflections soon and I like to have a clothesline available.

Thanks!

Google is your friend. I just entered "rick steves travel clothesline" and voila! :D

http://travelstore.ricksteves.com/catalog/index.cfm?fuseaction=product&id=27

Sidenote: I also noticed the missing retracting clothesline on Reflection. Surely someone dropped the ball on this...? It makes so much more sense to keep dripping clothes in the shower stall rather than all over the room. :rolleyes:

Google is your friend. I just entered "rick steves travel clothesline" and voila! :D

Sidenote: I also noticed the missing retracting clothesline on Reflection. Surely someone dropped the ball on this...? It makes so much more sense to keep dripping clothes in the shower stall rather than all over the room. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link. I may just buy one anyway to have, but am glad that there really is one on Reflections.

I'm going to pack my boca clips for our cruise. I love them and use them to keep my beach towel from blowing off our chairs or slipping down when we go to Aruba. You can clip wet bathing suits (in an unsightly fashion) to your chairs on the balcony...if you have a balcony. I got mine at bed bath and beyond...I just did a search and Wal Mart carries them on line.

I love the clip idea. Off to bed bath and beyond so I'll have them for next time.:)

I LOVE my Boca Clips. I bring 2 sets for each of us and clip the top and bottom of my beach towels. I also use them to clip swim suits to dry.

I used to bring a line and would use a heavy duty magnet that we would attach to the metal structure on our balcony. For the most part I used the line inside the shower so I stopped bringing it. This is our first time on Celebrity so I am not familiar with where I could string up the line.

How/where do you use the line? Inside or out?

Thanks,

Sheal

Thanks for the link!! just ordered mine!!:D:D

Having learned this little fact the hard way on Solstice, I was determined to find a good, versatile, travel clothesline for our upcoming Equinox cruise. Found exactly what I was looking for at my local REI (also available on their website). The line stretches to fit a suite tub enclosure, but looks like it would work in the standard shower stalls, as well. It has suction cups at each end, but also has velcro loops, that would fasten around a shower rod or towel bar. I think the suction cups will work for just a couple of damp bathing suits, but you'd need to use the loops for anything heavier. :cool:

BTW -- although people do it all the time, you're really not supposed to hang things on the balcony. It's not only an eyesore, but it's also a fire danger (research the deadly balcony fire on Princess, several years ago). :eek:

I LOVE my Boca Clips. I bring 2 sets for each of us and clip the top and bottom of my beach towels. I also use them to clip swim suits to dry.

I just noticed you're a Packer fan....so am I. :D :D If you don't mind my asking, where do you live? I'm in IL...yes, there are lots of Packer fans in IL. :D :p

Not only is there no clothesline there is that silly little wash basin. Just try to wash out some undies in that without splashing water everywhere. Best do it in the shower, but that is a waste of water. When they put in the new cabins on the Millie they used "normal" type basins and I was so sure that they would ditch the little bowls on newer ships. Alas no.

Not only is there no clothesline there is that silly little wash basin. Just try to wash out some undies in that without splashing water everywhere. Best do it in the shower, but that is a waste of water. When they put in the new cabins on the Millie they used "normal" type basins and I was so sure that they would ditch the little bowls on newer ships. Alas no.

Oh yes -- makes you feel like you're working in the seal enclosure at Sea World. Water everywhere, after just rinsing out a couple of bathing suits in that ridiculous little sink! :eek:

For those of you who are extremely frugal, as I am, and who want something that works really well, I highly recommend this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Rubber-Band-Travel-Clothesline-for-Less-T/

I got my kids to make it for me in about 30 minutes, and I tried it out on a 12 day Silhouette cruise. It's the best clothes line I've ever used.

fLsunshinegal, Perhaps you misread. There is no clothesline on S class ships, including Reflection.

I had read this last year before we took our first cruise on an S Class ship (the Eclipse) and thought it was a huge oversight. But once we checked out the bathroom, given the shape of the shower and the room, there did not appear to be a really good place where a clothesline could have worked (particularly without someone hitting it).

We were able to make do with the hooks in the shower and the towel bars. (But we were on a TA and didn't have wet swimsuits every day.)

For those looking for clotheslines to travel with, I want to strongly suggest getting one that has velcro loops on each end, in addition to the suction cups, because there are many surfaces to which the latter won't really adhere.

For those of you who are extremely frugal, as I am, and who want something that works really well, I highly recommend this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Rubber-Band-Travel-Clothesline-for-Less-T/

I got my kids to make it for me in about 30 minutes, and I tried it out on a 12 day Silhouette cruise. It's the best clothes line I've ever used.

This is a great idea- may give it a go for our Cruise in Sept-thanks:)

Archived