Celebrity's promo is working

happy cruzer

The 123 go promo is what got us to try Celebrity. We had decided to try something besides Carnival (we liked Carnival, just wanted to try the others) and had booked an NCL cruise when this promo came up. The Summit out of San Juan was about $50 per person more than NCL Jewel out of New Orleans, but the free drink package more than makes up for that, even if we only have a couple of drinks a day, and we're visiting 4 ports that we haven't been to before (St. Thomas is the only repeat, and we love St. Thomas). ALso, the airfare to San Juan is similar to New Orleans. That all made the decision to switch easy.

I don't think too many will make the switch from Carnival to X because of the drink package.

One of my recent cruises was on Carnival. Just a different style of cruise. Passengers on that cruise want the more casual, and lively style cruise. Their ships have more features and party type activites. It is advertised as the fun ship. Plus you always have the chance of getting bonus sea days. :D

We were walking back to our Carnival ship and another couple asked if we were on it? They were on X and were a little disappointed because to them it was too stiff and stuffy and not as festive as they would like.

I don't think too many will make the switch from Carnival to X because of the drink package.

One of my recent crusoes was on Carnival. Just a different style of cruise. Passengers on that cruise want the more casual, and festive style cruise. Their ships have more features and party type activites. It is advertised as the fun ship. Plus you always have the chance of getting bonus sea days. :D

We were walking back to our Carnival ship and another couple asked if we were on it? They were on X and were a little disappointed it was too stiff and stuffy and not as festive as they would like.

I know what you mean. I took one cruise on Carnival. it was jot a bad vacation, it just did not suit me....I felt as if I was on somebody else's cruise...somebody who likes loud venues, crowds, gaudy colors, dancing waiters...somebody who wants more space in their cabin and fewer public relaxing, quiet spots. Somebody with totally different tastes.

Enjoyed my Carnival cruises, but I wouldn't call it more relaxing than Celebrity and except for Formal night, not sure what the 'stuffy and stiff' would refer to on Celebrity. and there are so many options now that do not require dressing up and many in the common areas are in casual attire on Formal nights.

My subjective view is Celebrity is more casual and laid back. Less press to join in all the games and activities, no numerous announcements, more places to sit, relax and enjoy. I feel Celebrity treats me as an adult how can decide for themselves what they wish to do.

Enjoyed Carnival with a large party group, but when I want to cruise, relax, see ports, enjoy the cruise and being at sea, I'll choose Celebrity.

Den

We were deciding between several different cruise lines, Carnival included, and the 123 promo was what did it for us! Surprisingly, for the week we were looking to cruise, the prices were otherwise comparable for the lines we were looking at. But the more I read about X, the more glad I am - no smoking, less announcements, etc! :)

Well...we did. Just got off of the Carnival Breeze last month, which was great because of 1) Their Piano Bar 2) The non glitzy decor 3) The Cheers Drink program. When I found out about the 123 Go Promo with the included Classic package,,,,that is what sold me. My first and only X cruise was about 20 years ago and of course things were much different back then, but I do remember that the food was outstanding. Looking forward to our Sweet 16 cabin on the Summit and enjoying our included beverages and we'll use our OBC to offset most of the upgrade to the Premium package.

Archived