FOS questions

smurf1635

Am I right in assuming that a promenade cabin will not give you any natural light? In other words, similar to an inside, there is no clue as to time of day?

Robin

You are correct in that there is no natural light. However, the lights in the promenade do change based on time of day, so you could possibly get a clue from that.

HI,

I had a promenade on the LOS and now have one booked for Oct on the FOS, we loved it. When your not sleeping of course, you open the window curtain and there is alot of light. You get to see lots of action from the promenade, and sometimes if there is a parade going on and its wall to wall people, you can sit at your window, and watch it from your room. Just saying, I love those rooms.

Have a great cruise.

You are correct in that there is no natural light. However, the lights in the promenade do change based on time of day, so you could possibly get a clue from that.

Right... there is ambient light that comes in from the Promenade, but with the curtains closed, it doesn't really help. Also, it's not like it's dark at night and light during the day through the window.

HI,

I had a promenade on the LOS and now have one booked for Oct on the FOS, we loved it. When your not sleeping of course, you open the window curtain and there is alot of light. You get to see lots of action from the promenade, and sometimes if there is a parade going on and its wall to wall people, you can sit at your window, and watch it from your room. Just saying, I love those rooms.

Have a great cruise.

Amen! We love the promenade rooms too! We booked it on purpose for our upcoming cruise in May. The lighting does change depending on the time of day for sure. Also, I was pleasantly surprised at how dark your room would be with the curtains shut and we never had issues with noise levels either.

We had a promenade cabin ( once - Mariner) and the lighting did change somewhat during the day. With that said, if you wake up during the night, there is no way to tell if it is the middle of the night or morning.

I liked the cabin and location but we had to keep the curtains closed most of the time we were in the cabin, because those across the way can see in. I did like the layout with the window seat.

Enjoy

M

HI,

Have a great cruise.

So glad to see your post because we have a PR cabin for our upcoming cruise. :) We normally get a suite and this will be a BIG change for us but we are hoping that by cutting the cost of what we spend on a cabin, we can go on more than one cruise a year. Besides, on our last cruise we went out on the balcony only once. :eek:

there is no way to tell if it is the middle of the night or morning.

Sometimes there is a TV channel of the bow camera (other times it rotates with the ship position maps). But if there is a dedicated camera channel you can tune to it overnight when it is mostly black and in morning it will lighten gradually.

Archived