Wine Package - Room Service Question

Miz Kat

We bought the wine package because we like to have a bottle of wine every night after dinner. My question is this: I know that we can call room service and have one of our bottles delivered, but do we have to pay 15% gratuity on that just for having it delivered through room service?!

Is there some other way I can pick it up and bring it to the room for the evening? I don't want to open it at dinner just to have it recorked and bring it to the room ... Ideally I'd just have all of our bottles in the room.

Of course I would tip someone for bringing room service, but I'm curious about the alcohol 15% - is that just if we order a drink, or if we have the bottles we've already bought delivered?

We bought the wine package because we like to have a bottle of wine every night after dinner. My question is this: I know that we can call room service and have one of our bottles delivered, but do we have to pay 15% gratuity on that just for having it delivered through room service?!

Is there some other way I can pick it up and bring it to the room for the evening? I don't want to open it at dinner just to have it recorked and bring it to the room ... Ideally I'd just have all of our bottles in the room.

Of course I would tip someone for bringing room service, but I'm curious about the alcohol 15% - is that just if we order a drink, or if we have the bottles we've already bought delivered?

I would be surprised if you could get a wine bottle from the package via room service. They might do it on certain ships, but the package is not designed to work that way.

The easiest way is to ask for one of your bottles at dinner and take it back to your stateroom. It does not have to be opened.

at dinner - we ask for a second bottle of wine from our package - unopened - and take to our cabin. If you want all the bottles in your cabin - I believe you can also get your wine in the Windjammer.

I would be surprised if you could get a wine bottle from the package via room service. They might do it on certain ships, but the package is not designed to work that way.

The easiest way is to ask for one of your bottles at dinner and take it back to your stateroom. It does not have to be opened.

I always order a wine package and have room service deliver one bottle to our cabin every day. No problem. Since we usally have an aft cabin it's easier then having to carry a bottle back after dinner.

You can order the wine package delivered to your cabin instead of the dining room since you do not want a bottle with dinner.

Are you sure about this? To my knowledge, the wine "package" is only available as a Wine & Dine and when you order it (online at least), there's no way to specify delivery to your cabin. Plus, with the wine package, you're not selecting the wines at the time you order the package, so they wouldn't know what to deliver anyway.

If you order bottles of wine from Gifts & Gear, then yes, you can have those delivered either to the dining room or to your cabin.

Archived