C pap machines on board

racnwdow

I take a CPAP..and always bring an extension cord...(I have not been in a mini..so do not know where outlet is)

While cruising I do not use the humidifier...so cannot help with water question.

Others will come along to assist ....

Some people have used the ship's water, worked fine. As far as extension cord's go at least 15 feet, they will have some at the front desk to sign out, but they are first come, first served, they may be out. The one's at the desk are single plug's.

hope this help's

If you want distilled water you have to contact the Acess Desk, to request it at least two weeks prior to sailing. However, the water is filtrated and leaves no residue in your machine. You really need a long extension cord. We have been in insides, outsides, balconies and suites and needed the extension cord each and every cruise.

Last time we cruised I used the ships bathroom tap water for my CPAP machine and it was just fine. I brought my own extension cord from home in my CPAP bag but didn't need to us it while onboard the Gem in a penthouse suite since it had an outlet right behind the night stand.

I have a CPAP and I honestly cannot remember how I got distilled water when cruising the Epic. (I may have used the tap water which for most is actually fine.)

According to this page:

http://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

You can contact the Access Desk and they should be able to help:

In order to make your cruise experience as enjoyable as possible and so that we can try to meet your specific needs, call 1-866-584-9756 (voice), fax (305) 468-2171, send an email to accessdesk@ncl.com or have your travel agent contact us.

Last time we cruised I used the ships bathroom tap water for my CPAP machine and it was just fine. I brought my own extension cord from home in my CPAP bag but didn't need to us it while onboard the Gem in a penthouse suite since it had an outlet right behind the night stand.

I used my CPAP Machine with the water from the tap. It worked fine. As everyone has said bring an extension cord.

The ship's water is a mix of the distilled water made onboard, and water loaded at the ports. Depending on the ship's itinerary and ports of call, the mix will vary on mineral amounts. If you've got a couple of sea days in the cruise, most likely they will not take much shore water. The only treatment done to the water is to chlorinate it, which should not leave deposits in a cpap machine. Some ports have hard water, some relatively soft, but when mixed with the distilled water made onboard, it all comes out relatively soft. If you ask for distilled water onboard, they will usually take a water jug to the engine room to get water straight from the distiller, but its not really necessary.

Extension cords are a good idea for any cruise, you never know how many things you will need to charge, etc.

Brought my CPAP with us on the Sun in a Mimi-Suite, had a 6ft. extension cord with no problem. Don't forget the CPAP cord is fairly long, plus the length of the hose. The nearest outlet we found was on the far wall opposite the bed and there was more than enough length in the extension cord to serve it's usefulness.

Can't comment on the water for the humidifier as I left mine @ home. I only use mine in the winter months and we were on the Sun in Oct. in the Caribbean. Enjoy your cruise.

ps be careful of the cord at night, hard to see if you need to answer natures call in the middle of the night. :eek:

cheers...the Ump...:D

Just a note of caution, please don't check your CPAP with the porters, carry it on. A gentleman on our sailing did that and it was lost. They weren't able to get him a rental until we reached St Thomas. We shared a parking shuttle on the way home and he said it was never located on board so he had to go home without it as well.

Just a note of caution, please don't check your CPAP with the porters, carry it on. A gentleman on our sailing did that and it was lost. They weren't able to get him a rental until we reached St Thomas. We shared a parking shuttle on the way home and he said it was never located on board so he had to go home without it as well.

Ditto to what everyone is saying about carrying an extension cord...we used the br water in our humidifiers with no problems...I have sent our machines thru & told porters it is medical equipment...never a problem...

If you want distilled water you have to contact the Acess Desk, to request it at least two weeks prior to sailing. However, the water is filtrated and leaves no residue in your machine. You really need a long extension cord. We have been in insides, outsides, balconies and suites and needed the extension cord each and every cruise.

You are correct about contacting NCL's Access desk ahead of time for distilled water. It will be waiting in the cabin.

We bring an extension cord in case the cord on the C-pap is not long enough.

We usually have to wind it up each morning, or tape it down, in order that it is not in steward's way.

Any helpful advice for having a c pap machine on board? Where is the closest outlet to the bed? We are in a Mini Suite. Also, can you ask for the water to be in your cabin (cost?) or do you have to bring it with you?

racnwidow,

My wife uses a CPAP with the humidifier, and we brought the distilled water with us. Also, when you first get into the cabin, look for the outlet, if not close enough, call the front desk, and inform them of your MEDICAL need for an extension cord.

Hope this helps...

Bill

We usually have to wind it up each morning, or tape it down, in order that it is not in steward's way.

I do this also...wind up cord...I also put my mask in a plasticbag in a drawer...so it stays clean...!!!

PS--the extension cord I take has more than one outlet..so at night..I have a night light plugged in also...!(and I keep these items in my CPAP bag..so they are ready to go when I am)

I have contacted Access personnel at NCL and all is set with them for water, and cord. Very easy to arrange all. They are also aware of oxygen concentrator to be delivered to pier for my husband. Of course we always travel with an extension cord to be used, if necessary.

Archived