Beds

NoobCruise

So we're trying to decide on the next cruise to book. We loved the Westerdam, but I am really interested in an itinerary that includes Icy Straits and Hubbard Glacier, which HAL doesn't do, so I was looking at Celebrity and RC.

DH brought up the point of beds. I have a very bad back, and an uncomfortable bed can ruin the trip for me. He suggested maybe the beds should be more important to me than itinerary. I don't like it, but he's probably right. We stayed in a deluxe suite on the Westerdam and the bed was heavenly. Are the beds the same in the verandah staterooms as the suites? How do the beds on Celebrity and RC compare to HAL's?

All the beds on all the HAL ships in all the cabins are the same.

Certainly some are bound to be in better condition than others but they are all the same make and model. :)

That's good to know! If I recall, the suites had the pillow menu and the verandahs did not. Does that mean I cannot request extra pillows in a verandah? I usually sleep with 4 fluffy pillows to support my spine, and only having 1 pillow would be a problem. (DH says I build a nest with pillows lol)

Celebrity and Princess have much harder beds than HAL and Carnival. WE have to ask for egg crate toppers on those cruises. EM

I don't remember a lot about our Carnival cruise in 2003, but I do remember the bed was horribly hard and made me pretty miserable all week. HAL was a huge improvement over Carnival.

Ask your steward for whatever pillows you wish. It should not be any problem at all. Actually, before asking, check the drawers, cabinets and closet shelves. You well could find extras stored by the steward in your cabin. I joke they use some of our cabinets in the Suites as their linen closet. :)

I find the beds on RCI just fine (can't comment on Celebrity), and I have a back problem. We're also doing an Alaska cruise on the Radiance, with Hubbard Glacier and Icy Straits on the itinerary. It will be a first for us as we've done 4 HAL Alaska cruises so far!

I find the beds on RCI just fine (can't comment on Celebrity), and I have a back problem. We're also doing an Alaska cruise on the Radiance, with Hubbard Glacier and Icy Straits on the itinerary. It will be a first for us as we've done 4 HAL Alaska cruises so far!

That's the one we're looking at, or Celebrity Millennium.

Archived