Guarantee cabin

Tangoqueen

Booked a Gty seaview cabin on Infinity for the Norwegian fjords for july, logged onto celebrity last night and have been given our cabin on plaza deck 3009. So excited to see a number - somehow makes it more realistic. First time in a sea view for us, for the price we paid on guarantee and with the free drinks package made the difference between a cruise this summer or no cruise! Happy bunny this morning :)

Booked a Gty seaview cabin on Infinity for the Norwegian fjords for july, logged onto celebrity last night and have been given our cabin on plaza deck 3009. So excited to see a number - somehow makes it more realistic. First time in a sea view for us, for the price we paid on guarantee and with the free drinks package made the difference between a cruise this summer or no cruise! Happy bunny this morning :)

Isn't that exciting when you see where you will be staying?

Happy cruising.

How wonderful! When we sailed on the Solstice last summer, we had a guarantee cabin and I swear I was logging into the Celebrity website every five minutes to see when/if they'd assigned us a cabin. We were pretty happy with the one they gave us. I'm glad it worked out well for you, too. :)

Great News!

We are on the Infinity in June and I logged in this morning -- bingo they assigned us a cabin as well. Yesterday must have been the day to assign cabins?:)

Have a great cruise,

Kel

In case you don't know, Celebrity will usually be willing to change your cabin for any other vacant cabin in the same class once they assign a guaranteed cabin.....for no charge. The key is that it must be in the same cabin class (not category)....if your assigned cabin is 2D, then you can change to another 2D that is unsold without charge. This is a US statement only...not sure if those who booked outside the US have the same option. Note: this is not a formal program...I guess they could say no, but just in case you don't like the specific cabin assigned, you should know that you will most likely be able to change it.

I am not commenting on the cabin the OP was assigned...this is just a general post for information.

Ooh that's given me something to think about......been looking at other options showing availability but don't think at this stage it's worth trying to swap. 3009 is quite forward on deck 3 nearish to the theatre but although there are quite a lot of choices mid ship that seems to have Michaels Bar above so possibly could have some noise nuisance. Not early to bed people on holiday but may want to be tucked up around midnight ready for the mornings in port. Happy to hear anyone else's thoughts on this though :)

Since they've assigned a Category 6, you could go for one of the new cabins 3112~3144. Bigger window to enjoy the scenery. Recent threads here have had favourable reviews, one had photos as well.

Since they've assigned a Category 6, you could go for one of the new cabins 3112~3144. Bigger window to enjoy the scenery. Recent threads here have had favourable reviews, one had photos as well.

Ditto:D

Thanks for the recommendation, I had dismissed 3112 as I thought it may be too close to the ladies toilets and imagined that we would hear every flush. Anyway I have phoned my TA who advised that we couldn't request a specific cabin as we had booked a guarantee! Anyway I quoted "according to my friends on cruise critic forum this may be possible and politely requested her to contact celebrity and just ask the question on my behalf" she agreed to do it tomorrow :eek: fingers crossed and hope no-one else reads this before tomorrow who may be sailing on our date ! Thanks again, I shall update you how I get on x

Thanks for the recommendation, I had dismissed 3112 as I thought it may be too close to the ladies toilets and imagined that we would hear every flush. Anyway I have phoned my TA who advised that we couldn't request a specific cabin as we had booked a guarantee! Anyway I quoted "according to my friends on cruise critic forum this may be possible and politely requested her to contact celebrity and just ask the question on my behalf" she agreed to do it tomorrow :eek: fingers crossed and hope no-one else reads this before tomorrow who may be sailing on our date ! Thanks again, I shall update you how I get on x

Update.....just had the call from our TA advising she had contacted Celebrity and as we booked Gty unable to request any specific cabin even though we have been allocated one unless of course we pay extra! At least she tried. Still happy with 3009 but the larger 3112 sounded a good idea. Perhaps it's different in the UK and perhaps if booked directly with Celebrity it may again have been different. Thanks for the idea anyway :)

Just checked the booking conditions on celebrity UK website and clause 1.8 confirms what my TA said: "Once your GTY stateroom has been allocated to you, we are unable to accept any changes requested by you. The benefits to you of a GTY stateroom are that after your booking has been confirmed, we may (at our discretion) upgrade your stateroom to one of a superior category to that originally booked at no extra charge to you". It would be interesting to know if the USA conditions are different but in any case no room for complaint from me. Can't wait for our cruise x

Just checked the booking conditions on celebrity UK website and clause 1.8 confirms what my TA said: "Once your GTY stateroom has been allocated to you, we are unable to accept any changes requested by you. The benefits to you of a GTY stateroom are that after your booking has been confirmed, we may (at our discretion) upgrade your stateroom to one of a superior category to that originally booked at no extra charge to you". It would be interesting to know if the USA conditions are different but in any case no room for complaint from me. Can't wait for our cruise x

It must be different in the US then, because I've been able to switch every time and others here have reported the same. I will never understand why they have different rules on unimportant issues from country to country. . .

Yes, the UK has it's own rules...and those include not being able to change a guarantee cabin. We in the US have more flexibility. On the other hand, those in the UK have far better protections should something go wrong on or with the cruise. There are always pluses and minuses.

Yes, the UK has it's own rules...and those include not being able to change a guarantee cabin. We in the US have more flexibility. On the other hand, those in the UK have far better protections should something go wrong on or with the cruise. There are always pluses and minuses.

In the US once Celebrity assigns a guarantee cabin or suite, you cannot change it. You can upgrade if available for an additional fee

I've changed a GTY cabin in the UK for one in the same category (last May)

I took the advice of CC rang Celebrity and was told no, came back to CC and advised to try again, rang again and it was no problem!

If the OP is a Captains club member I would suggest ringing them in the UK or get your TA to ring again! :)

In the US once Celebrity assigns a guarantee cabin or suite, you cannot change it. You can upgrade if available for an additional fee

You can change it within the same cat, eg. 2D to another 2D, both in the US and UK.

You can change it within the same cat, eg. 2D to another 2D, both in the US and UK.

They didn't allow us to change a suite guarantee recently. We were give a handicapped suite and did not want it. They had other suites available. We even tried to speak to cooperate without any luck. This happened last

Year on the Summit.

They didn't allow us to change a suite guarantee recently. We were give a handicapped suite and did not want it. They had other suites available. We even tried to speak to cooperate without any luck. This happened last

Year on the Summit.

I was told no the first time and was persistent. In the US it seems very common, I spoke to someone high up in Captains club who confirmed it was the norm for the US but in the UK not all operators knew about it and she was trying to change that. Sorry it didn't work out for you :(

This is just not true. As mentioned above, I have switched twice to cabins in a more preferrable location

It certainly seems to depend on who you get to speak to at Celebrity. I was happy that my TA at least tried, even though she had already advised me that it would not be possible (I could be cynical but I believe she did phone through a request). I may try again but to be honest I am sure that my cabin 3009 will be fine and I mustn't forget that I was so pleased to jump the 2 categories from cat 8 to cat 6 to start with. I believe in fate and if that's the cabin I am meant to have then so be it. There was only one bit of doubt over 3112 and that was looking at the photos it looked like you looked out of your huge window onto the deck whereas I assume 3009 looks out to sea, so is truly "ocean view". Never had an ocean view before so I suppose it would be nice to see the ocean! From what I have read on here I also think that I could always have my cabin changed again by celebrity before July......is that right? Thanks

Archived