Increased Price of Cagney's

logan25

It might be a good idea to start charging for all meals in every venue, using your boarding pass like college students use their IDs to eat. That way people would only be paying for what they actually eat, which would be more fair and consistent with the Freestyle concept. Then Cagney's wouldn't seem like a stretch if you're already paying something regardless of where you eat.

The main dining rooms are, as several have noted, serving very good food. Some people will resist change, but it's a new world (without steel drums by the pool) and we need to adjust, and also cut down on what we eat.

At any rate, the increase at Cagney's seems fair and reasonable, especially for improvements. Think of what you'd pay at Ruth's Chris or The Palm.

It might be a good idea to start charging for all meals in every venue, using your boarding pass like college students use their IDs to eat. That way people would only be paying for what they actually eat, which would be more fair and consistent with the Freestyle concept. Then Cagney's wouldn't seem like a stretch if you're already paying something regardless of where you eat.

The main dining rooms are, as several have noted, serving very good food. Some people will resist change, but it's a new world (without steel drums by the pool) and we need to adjust, and also cut down on what we eat.

At any rate, the increase at Cagney's seems fair and reasonable, especially for improvements. Think of what you'd pay at Ruth's Chris or The Palm.

That would make for some very empty ships. :D :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

That would certainly cut down on a lot of waste and maybe ships wouldn't be filled with people with food issues, i.e.; bingeing. Not casting aspersions but we've all seen the people who can barely walk setting up camp in the Lido buffet for hours. Fair enough- go for it, if that's what you like- but it's sad to me. Probably because I stuff my face on cruises, far, far beyond what I would normally eat.

Cagney's is at least two stars from any Ruth's Chris I've ever been to. In the end you get what you pay for and at Cagney's.....not so much.

From the experience I had last time I went there, I would have to think about it before going back even if it was free.

I'm just hoping that the quality will improve.

The meat quality was fine, it was the cooking and the service that was deficient.

I had better steak at the MDR then there... which make no sens!

Who would pay an extra 30$ for an inferior meal.

From what I seen, the quality differ from one ship to another.

My experience on the Epic was just catastrophic.

I heard very good thing about Cagney's on the Sky.

My wife just came back from a cruise and loved it.

I might give them another chance on my next cruise, we will see how the critics are on this board and I will make my decision accordingly.

Thanks,

Mike

Cagney's is at least two stars from any Ruth's Chris I've ever been to. In the end you get what you pay for and at Cagney's.....not so much.

That's very true. Cagney's isn't in that class. Hopefully, the increased price means it will inch closer.

Interesting news. At $30, however, it is still cheaper than any other cruise line's steakhouse. Carnival even charges $35 a person.

Not true. HAL still charges only $25 for their upscale Pinnacle steak house.

From the experience I had last time I went there, I would have to think about it before going back even if it was free.

The meat quality was fine, it was the cooking and the service that was deficient.

I might give them another chance on my next cruise, we will see how the critics are on this board and I will make my decision accordingly.

Thanks,

Is there a Cagneys on the Sky?

Thanks,

Is there a Cagneys on the Sky?

Yes, best Cagney's in the fleet that I have been to imho!

Yes' date=' best Cagney's in the fleet that I have been to imho![/quote']

OK, I was thinking of the Sun (which doesn't have Cagneys).

Wonder if you enjoyed your steak .....LOL:D

The Sun does but it is called East Meets West. Same menu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

with all these bad reviews I'm reluctant to pre book until I see the new menu.

We ate there on the Star last summer and all was well. In fact my son had 2 steaks. lol

Bill

Interesting news. At $30, however, it is still cheaper than any other cruise line's steakhouse. Carnival even charges $35 a person.

CCL's steakhouse has been better than Cagney's in our experience....by a LOT. My hope is that with this $5 increase, comes an increase in quality.

AS far as specialty restaurants go, our past 3 dinners at the Italian Restaurants (2 different ships; Dawn and Sun) were not that good...actually on the Dawn it was worse than not that good, it was pretty awful. On the Sun, we were just not impressed. I had the Osso Bucco which was tender (portion was huge) but the gravy it was in was a bit heavy and there was too much of it. Plus, being a Mid-Atlantic Italian, I kinda like my Osso Bucco in a tomato based sauce. This is just a preference. Others that had it loved it.

My DH had the chicken parmesan and to be honest, it was no better than the chicken parm they served in the buffet at luinch time. It was good, but not worth paying extra for.

So, with our 3 not-so-impressed experiences (each) in Cagney's and the Italian places, we have decided to not dine in those 2 places anymore. All the other surcharge venues (to us) are well worth going to.

I also want to say that we did enjoy the Braziallian Steak house, but we miss the Tex-Mex. There is already enough beef offered on board. I think the Ahi Tuna and lobster quesadillas I used to get in Salsa, were some of the best ship food I had ever had and I miss that. The Churrascaria is great for a real carnivore with a big appetite though.

I agree. About the only thing Cagney's and Ruth's Chris have in common is that they serve meat.

The $30 is only justified if they've improved quality a great deal.

We've been so disappointed our last two times at Cagneys that we haven't bothered going our last few cruises.

Cagneys as a suite perk for breakfast and lunch totally worth it but $30 for dinner, not so much. I do always get a terrific steak there but if you are seafood adverse like myself, there is not much selection in the way of apps, etc. The last time we went DH ate everything of mine but the lettuce wedge and the steak.

I do think Ginza (or whatever Asian restaurant aboard) is an excellent value. We have always had delicious food there and not crowded at all.

Teppenyaki is not really our thing. We have about three of those types of restaurants near our home and they are all about the same. We wouldn't spend the money on this one while at sea.

Le Bistro is still worth it in my opinion.

I see this as merely a revenue increase. Yes, they are apparently adjusting the menu, but the ingredients will come from the same place they do now. The meal will be served in the same restaurant, cooked by the same chefs and served by the same waiters.

If your mind fools you into believing the meal is better because it costs $30 now, more power to you. Call me skeptical.

The 'upgrade' to La Cucina was a disappointment.

Archived