HAL stock

NoobCruise

I've seen a number of posts regarding benefits to holding shares in HAL, like onboard credit. How does that work? I'm sure they have a minimum # of shares required or maybe a length of time of ownership before benefits are given? What's their ticker?

I've seen a number of posts regarding benefits to holding shares in HAL, like onboard credit. How does that work? I'm sure they have a minimum # of shares required or maybe a length of time of ownership before benefits are given? What's their ticker?

The ticker is CCL -- Carnival Cruise Lines -- of which HAL is one. You need to own at least 100 shares and the OBC depends on length of cruise. The stock has paid dividends and if you cruise a lot it is a decent ROI.

The ticker is CCL -- Carnival Cruise Lines -- of which HAL is one. You need to own at least 100 shares and the OBC depends on length of cruise. The stock has paid dividends and if you cruise a lot it is a decent ROI.

Ditto..

Hi NoobCruise,

Passengers wishing to apply for the share benefits only need to own the stick long enough for it to appear on their statement. Applicants will need to submit their stock statement( I redact mine) and mail it in to:

HOLLAND AMERICA LINE

World Cruise Reservations 300 Elliott Avenue West Seattle, WA 98119

Tel 800 522 3399

Fax 206 281 0627

Please provide your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate or a current brokerage or nominee statement) to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTI5NDgxfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Best.

Dr. Gillen

The stock is actually Carnival Corporation & PLC. Carnival Cruise Lines is just one of the many cruise lines they own.

The benefit for a seven day cruise is $100.00 of onboard credit per stateroom per cruise.

We usually cruise three times each year. That amounts to a $300.00 dividend if all of the cruises are seven days.

Not too bad...

To get the on-board credit for carnival corp stock you need to purch 100 shares. Once you have the stock, and paper work from your broker stating your name and the shares, go to carnival corps website and click on investor relations. then click on shareholder benefit and you will see the information needed.

We bought the stock for $31 in Nov 2011 and have used it three times. It's a good benefit, particularly on a longer trip.

Remember, this is a Carnival Corp benefit and can be used on any of their ships.

Archived