Travel advice Heathrow to Waterloo Station

I'm trying to take the easiest, price conscious transport from Heathrow to our hotel near Waterloo Station. (Had a bad pickpocket experience in Copenhagen with luggage -dont want to repeat :( )

If I take the tube I would get off and transfer Green Park to the Jubilee line.

Would that be the simplest for us? We each will have 1 suitcase and a small carryon.

You will have a long walk at Green Park to interchange. Less walking would be to change from the Piccadilly to the District Line at Hammersmith or Barons Court (just cross the platform) and then change at Westminster for the Jubilee (lifts and escalators available).

Also you could get off at Westminster and walk across Westminster Bridge (good views of Houses of Parliament and the London Eye) - depends where your hotel is exactly.

The Piccadilly Line Tube from Heathrow is a good idea. I would stay on the Tube until Holborn and then cgi up to the surface and hail a taxi in the Street. The taxi will do the difficult bit of delivering you direct to the Hotel,Door at a cost of about £10 though you will also have the Tube Fare to pay for

A taxi direct from Heathrow into the hotel is likely to be about £80.

There are local buses from T4 and T5 to Feltham Station and from the Central Bus Station for T1 and T3.

From Feltham there are "proper" trains direct into waterloo every 10 to 15 minutes.

You can use Oyster/Travelcards etc on both.

For our cruise last May we went through Waterloo station on the way to our hotel. We took the tube. It was very easy and inexpensive. We took the Picadilly line to Green Park. I had learned that you could take the escalator up to the ticket hall (don't leave the station) and then take another escalator down to the Jubilee line. Take the train towards Stratford and get off at Waterloo, I think it was only two stops from Green Park. Since the start of the tube is at Heathrow it is very easy to get a place for your luggage.

Julie

For our cruise last May we went through Waterloo station on the way to our hotel. We took the tube. It was very easy and inexpensive. We took the Picadilly line to Green Park. I had learned that you could take the escalator up to the ticket hall (don't leave the station) and then take another escalator down to the Jubilee line. Take the train towards Stratford and get off at Waterloo, I think it was only two stops from Green Park. Since the start of the tube is at Heathrow it is very easy to get a place for your luggage.

Julie

Yes, that's a good tip for changing at Green Park. Initially follow the signs for Way Out, not the Jubilee Line, which will take you through a connecting passageway, and then from ticket hall level look for the signs down the other escalator to the Jubilee.

Archived