Next cruise certificate RCI ?

Liz - Checked with my US TA who advised it is not a problem using my FCCs bought in US$s, as a deposit.

Where did you buy your FCC? If it was on a ship cruising out of Australia it would have been been charged in $AU, NOT $US and your US agent CANNOT take over the booking. With respect, one can only assume the FCC was booked elsewhere or the US agent has got it wrong.

Cheers

Di

Bit confused here:o If I buy a FCC I dont have to tell the RCI agent onboard when I intend to travel or a T/A I intend to use? You get to choose if you want to use RCI or the T/A you booked your current cruise through.

I cannot pay $US cash for a FCC on a ship that only deals in $US?

Nope. Only cc.

Can I use an AMEX card that is in $US for a FCC valid for booking with USA T/A?

I should think you could. I used a $US visa card no problem.

Can you have a FCC price put on your ship account which is $US?

Nope. Need to pay for FCC separately.

If I have a FCC do I have to first book with RCI and then transfer to T/A or can you use it to book with T/A in the first instance?

I chose my T/A I always book with.

Den

I rang my US T/A before my last cruise with RCI to clarify what I could and couldn't do and to discuss any issues that could arise. He advised me that as long as I nominated his company as my T/A I would have no problem using him again with my FCC.

I also checked this again when on board and purchasing FCC. Assured no problem. However, I do have a US cc.....and I have regularly used my US T/A to book all my cruises.

Liz - Checked with my US TA who advised it is not a problem using my FCCs bought in US$s, as a deposit.

This is DEFINITELY the way to go about it!!

Where did you buy your FCC? If it was on a ship cruising out of Australia it would have been been charged in $AU, NOT $US and your US agent CANNOT take over the booking. With respect, one can only assume the FCC was booked elsewhere or the US agent has got it wrong.

Cheers

Di

If you have a US cc there is absolutely no problem.

Cheers

Di

Di, I bought FCCs on cruises to Sydney, which were bought through a US TA.

As we have done each cruise I have learned things that have helped us enjoy our experiences further. That said, we did have a great 1st cruise and we basically had no idea what to expect, or even what we were doing in some regards.

Seems though that I have missed something with these next cruise certificates - ah well, there's always next time.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I purchased one Future Cruise Certificate on the 2nd day of our cruise (March 12) but have now read that the Terms & Conditions changed on March 16.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37672864&posted=1#post37672864

Apparantly now the Family & Friends componet of this certificate no longer applies.

Has anyone purchased one AFTER March 16 to compare with the previous Terms & Conditions.

I just wish I'd purchased more than one now that this change has occurred. Pity the Next Cruise Director didn't give me the thumbs up about the proposed changes!

Gae

Hi all

I purchased one Future Cruise Certificate on the 2nd day of our cruise (March 12) but have now read that the Terms & Conditions changed on March 16.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37672864&posted=1#post37672864

Apparantly now the Family & Friends componet of this certificate no longer applies.

Has anyone purchased one AFTER March 16 to compare with the previous Terms & Conditions.

I just wish I'd purchased more than one now that this change has occurred. Pity the Next Cruise Director didn't give me the thumbs up about the proposed changes!

Gae

Just off VOS yesterday and my FCC letter says up to 2 additional staterooms can be booked under the same conditions but the initial purchaser must be one of the names on the booking.

Den

spent some time to find out info on FCC on Voyager and if you want to use a FCC with US TA the certificate must be in US Dollars,the only way to get a FCC in US Dollars for Australians is to nominate a US TA at time of onboard purchase.

If you just buy a fcc it will be in Australian dollars if your credit card is in Australian dollars and must be used in Australia!

If you nominate a US TA on purchase and pay with Australian credit card your FCC will be in US Dollars and cannot be used in Australia only USA.

RCI is in the proses of stopping US TA,s from taking bookings from Australians unless they have an address in the USA and RCI business rep suggested not to buy a FCC with US nominated TA as the TA may not be allowed to complete the booking in the future!

Great cruise by the way apart from the Chinese staff who should not be allowed anywhere near an english speaking cruise as they are totally useless!

Plenty of people put off ship at each port even Port Headland lol

bought drink package for $1540 and cancelled it on day 4:p unless you are a full on boozer the package is not worth it and may spoil your cruise by chasing the daily value! the drinks on RCI are cheap anyway and cocktails all from pre mixed cartons with booze added so not real coctails anyway!

Den

Just off VOS yesterday and my FCC letter says up to 2 additional staterooms can be booked under the same conditions but the initial purchaser must be one of the names on the booking.

Den

Hi Den

I'm assuming that you purchased your Future Cruise Certificate prior to 16 March as you have the option to add 2 additional bookings.

From what I've read, any purchased AFTER 16 March don't have that option but would like to hear from anyone who has purchased one AFTER that date to confirm this.

Gae

Not everyone has a fee free credit card?

I don't -- so whenever we book a cruise and have to pay for it, I go to the TA's bank and pay it by cash direct into their account. Credit cards are very handy for day to day purchases -- but I don't use them for major purchases IF that purchase is going to cost me extra.

Remember cash??? :):)

Barry

Hi Den

I'm assuming that you purchased your Future Cruise Certificate prior to 16 March as you have the option to add 2 additional bookings.

From what I've read, any purchased AFTER 16 March don't have that option but would like to hear from anyone who has purchased one AFTER that date to confirm this.

Gae

Hi Gae mine was purchased on 17th March and is dated issue date 17th March,

It states at the bottom of FCC that the 2 additional staterooms can be booked and receive the same OBC.

Den

Hi Gae mine was purchased on 17th March and is dated issue date 17th March,

It states at the bottom of FCC that the 2 additional staterooms can be booked and receive the same OBC.

Den

Very interesting Den as the thread on the Royal Caribbean International site states the change was made on the 16 March.

I wonder if because it was SILL 16 March in the US when you made your purchase during an Aust cruise (if that was the case) that may be the answer.

Perhaps others who have made a later purchase (dated after 17 March) can verify whether or not they have the option to include 2 additional bookings with their Future Cruise Certificate.

Gae

Very interesting Den as the thread on the Royal Caribbean International site states the change was made on the 16 March.

I wonder if because it was SILL 16 March in the US when you made your purchase during an Aust cruise (if that was the case) that may be the answer.

Perhaps others who have made a later purchase (dated after 17 March) can verify whether or not they have the option to include 2 additional bookings with their Future Cruise Certificate.

Gae[/quote

I cant see it! each ship would have to have NEW printed information pamphlets to be available only after 17th.

I was going to buy another FCC after 17th but nominate a USA T/A (so in US Dollars) and the info pamphlets were the same! This is when I was advised RCI might not honour the FCC for Australians booking with a US T/A in the future.

I spoke to 2 different reps on Voyager business centre and think they perhaps know less than the up to date info shared through worldwide CC members.

Just aside, I am in cambodia and able to use RCI USA booking site which I am unable to do in Australia.

Den

Gae

Hi All

Just back from VOS and purchased FCC, mine has an issue date of 20 March 2013. In the remarks it states that up to two other bookings can receive the same onboard credit as me. They must book the same ship and sail date.

Also in the remarks it states "Once an actual ship and sail date is confirmed, the booking will come under the normal Australian and New Zealand terms and conditions, which can be found on our website"

Lynn

Hi All

Just back from VOS and purchased FCC, mine has an issue date of 20 March 2013. In the remarks it states that up to two other bookings can receive the same onboard credit as me. They must book the same ship and sail date.

Also in the remarks it states "Once an actual ship and sail date is confirmed, the booking will come under the normal Australian and New Zealand terms and conditions, which can be found on our website"

Lynn

Good to hear Lynn! Perhaps we aren't going to be part of the "new" conditions imposed on the US-cruisers as discussed on a thread at the Royal Caribbean Internationa sectionl!

Gae

Archived