All Things Adventure of the Seas

Thanks, Clarea. I guess I saw something specific to one sailing.

Do you know what the largest table is? How many they will seat together? I assume it's 8 or 10? We're a group of 12 so trying to figure things out! Thanks again.

Jane

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sailed on Adventure in July of last year. We had a party of 12 and My Time dining. They put us at a table for 10 with a table for 2 put on one end. It worked well for us.

We went to the dining room as soon as we boarded to arrange our table with the dining staff. If you do this, you will need all the cabin numbers so that they can put you together. It is best to have a reservation for the same time each night and to link your reservation numbers online before ahead of time.

I have heard very mixed things about boarding times for this ship. With the cruises we have taken out of port Canaveral and Port Everglades, we were on the ship by 11am. It seems this ship, most people have said they get on much later. Can anyone shed some light onto the earliest you can typically get on?

I have heard very mixed things about boarding times for this ship. With the cruises we have taken out of port Canaveral and Port Everglades, we were on the ship by 11am. It seems this ship, most people have said they get on much later. Can anyone shed some light onto the earliest you can typically get on?

People get on later only because they can, not because they have to. You can still show up at 11am and get on the ship if you want. A lot of people prefer to venture out and spend the day at the beach or at the forts or hiking the rainforest etc; those are the people that show up later. Others like to enjoy the ship as soon as possible, or have already been in Puerto Rico for a few days; those are the ones who get on at 11. You can do it either way. The ship doesn't leave until 8pm.

People get on later only because they can, not because they have to. You can still show up at 11am and get on the ship if you want. A lot of people prefer to venture out and spend the day at the beach or at the forts or hiking the rainforest etc; those are the people that show up later. Others like to enjoy the ship as soon as possible, or have already been in Puerto Rico for a few days; those are the ones who get on at 11. You can do it either way. The ship doesn't leave until 8pm.

Thanks so much! We are getting to PR two days before so once we have to check out of the hotel with our baggage and little ones, we are going to just want to get them all on the ship.

you can also board at 11am...have lunch and then get back off for a few hrs and visit around the old city...lots of fun things to see in the main center of Old San Juan...cobble stone streets etc...shops...yes the ship does not sail til 8pm...but I think they do a muster drill at 5:45pm...and for those who can not attend that one they do another on Sunday morning... so you will attend one of them...I have been on AOS twice before but its been about 8 yrs...does Adventure have a Johnny Rockets and does it serve breakfast...when we were on Oasis 2 yrs ago wanted to get Johnny Rockets for breakfast to take back to the cabin and they said only eat in...no take out...the windjammer gets a little ho hum after 7 days...:cool: for breakfast...or just in general...

you can also board at 11am...have lunch and then get back off for a few hrs and visit around the old city...lots of fun things to see in the main center of Old San Juan...cobble stone streets etc...shops...yes the ship does not sail til 8pm...but I think they do a muster drill at 5:45pm...and for those who can not attend that one they do another on Sunday morning... so you will attend one of them...I have been on AOS twice before but its been about 8 yrs...does Adventure have a Johnny Rockets and does it serve breakfast...when we were on Oasis 2 yrs ago wanted to get Johnny Rockets for breakfast to take back to the cabin and they said only eat in...no take out...the windjammer gets a little ho hum after 7 days...:cool: for breakfast...or just in general...

Adventure does have a Johnny Rocket's but it does not serve breakfast.

I'm getting to the point for my next cruise that I do something cruise related every day. I'll spend a few upcoming Saturday mornings studying the deck plans as it has been 8 years since we have been on a Voyager class ship. Does anyone know if the deck plans on Royal's site are up to date at least a little ? Is the Diamond Club still up on Deck 14 near the VCL? I know Chops isn't open yet, but it is really going to be deck 4? I kind of thought it would be up near the Windjammer like it was when I was on Navigator back in 09.

I do the same thing>:)

I saw a recent review with a few pics of the new 2 level miniature golf course. I think that is one thing that was supposed to be done in the drydock/reburbishment 2016, but got done a little later. I'll have pics come Mid May

I'm looking forward to your pics.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to decide which of these two itineraries to send my parents on, and need some advice from you cruise experts.

1)

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Willemstad, Curacao

Oranjestad, Aruba

2)

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Basseterre, St. Kitts

St. Johns, Antigua

Castries, St. Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

The second itinerary would be ~$300 more. I'm sure they would prefer the extra port over the extra day on the cruise. Are the locations in #2 better? Is it worth the added cost?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to decide which of these two itineraries to send my parents on, and need some advice from you cruise experts.

1)

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Willemstad, Curacao

Oranjestad, Aruba

2)

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Basseterre, St. Kitts

St. Johns, Antigua

Castries, St. Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

The second itinerary would be ~$300 more. I'm sure they would prefer the extra port over the extra day on the cruise. Are the locations in #2 better? Is it worth the added cost?

There's no universal "better" in this case, it's a matter of personal preference.

I'd take #1 because I like Aruba and Curacao.

My family will be on Adventure May 20th with Aruba and Curacao. Our first time in those ports. Do you mind telling me some of your favorite things to do there ? We were on Adventure last summer, it will be nice to see the new upgrades and changes.

Thanks !

E-Beth

Aruba: Palm Beach

Curacao: Lion's Dive area of Seaquarium (Mambo) Beach

1)

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Willemstad, Curacao

Oranjestad, Aruba

2)

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Basseterre, St. Kitts

St. Johns, Antigua

Castries, St. Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

Since we've done #2 twice...and would do that route again in a heartbeat....#2 gets our vote.

My family will be on Adventure May 20th with Aruba and Curacao. Our first time in those ports. Do you mind telling me some of your favorite things to do there ? We were on Adventure last summer, it will be nice to see the new upgrades and changes.

Thanks !

E-Beth

I tend to have interests that not every cruiser has...

Aruba... take a trip to the far side of the island to see the amazing rock formations on this desert island.

Curacao.... Haito Cave, the Ostrich ranch, and aloe plantation. I also really like walking around the port area and the Pontoon bridge.

Hope this is the right place to post this question:

we're sailing AOS on June 3 out of Puerto Rico (yay!) and will likely be at the pier before noon. I've read that some check-in, go to the Windjammer for lunch, then get back off the ship? We've never done this before, didn't know it was possible, but like the idea of being able to spend some time sightseeing (luggage-free) in Puerto Rico before the ship departs that evening, which is at 8:30 PM (?). I've even read that you can get back on the ship after the muster (which I've read is at 5:45 PM?), and just do this at some other time the next day (hopefully this wouldn't inhibit our ability to do an excursion in St. Maarten that Sunday).

Can someone more experienced than me confirm that this is possible?

Hope this is the right place to post this question:

we're sailing AOS on June 3 out of Puerto Rico (yay!) and will likely be at the pier before noon. I've read that some check-in, go to the Windjammer for lunch, then get back off the ship? We've never done this before, didn't know it was possible, but like the idea of being able to spend some time sightseeing (luggage-free) in Puerto Rico before the ship departs that evening, which is at 8:30 PM (?). I've even read that you can get back on the ship after the muster (which I've read is at 5:45 PM?), and just do this at some other time the next day (hopefully this wouldn't inhibit our ability to do an excursion in St. Maarten that Sunday).

Can someone more experienced than me confirm that this is possible?

Yes, it's possible to get off the ship on embarkation day and come back later. We've done it several times. If you miss the first muster, there is another around 8pm. Dinner is delayed 30 minutes on embarkation day.

I may have missed this, where is Chops going, what deck and where? It seems I've seen contradicting accounts, but they may have been best guesses.

Thanks!

Chops is open on deck 4 across from the Schooner Bar. As of this past week, it wasn't showing up in our cruise planner but it was open for reservations when we boarded yesterday.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

Not positive but I believe 43' and 3

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

oh, that's great, thanks! And I didn't think to ask the first time around, but any idea if the routes are rated?

It's been 8 years since we were on a Voyager class, so I am studying deck plans again. We have a Chops reservation and I know where it is on deck 4, but what is up in the area where Chops is on Navigator across from Giovani's? Did they actually expand the WJ seating?