All Things Adventure of the Seas

Hi Everyone...just wondering if any of you Adventure experts know what is planned for April 25- May 3 refurb? I looked at the deck plans and other than relabeling the cabin categories, I don't see any major changes planned. Has anyone heard what is planned for Adventure during her "week off". I am hoping that the ship will still have all the major venues operational and that they aren't shutting things down early because we are scheduled to be on the ship the week before. Doesn't appear to be anything major according to the deck plans.

Just curious, where did you get your information on an April 25 refurb. I did a mock booking for the April 26 sailing (all the way to asking for a credit card deposit).

The reason I ask is I might be changing departure dates.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

Actually, I just got back from the Adventure on Sunday, I'm thinking about putting up a blog here with TONS of pictures. We did this exact itinerary. Probably putting it up sometime this week. Keep an eye out for it.

That would be great!! I know I would love to hear about it! Im particularly trying to figure out what time the shows are held each night so I can plan my dining around the things we want to see! If you can't scan Cruise Compasses, would you be able to summarize what happens each night (which show, Quest, Love and Marriage etc) That would be huge...our DD loves those shows :D

Just curious, where did you get your information on an April 25 refurb. I did a mock booking for the April 26 sailing (all the way to asking for a credit card deposit).

Tom

Hi Tom! Are you on the RC? We have a pretty active group! You may be, and I just forget, my mind is like a sieve these days ;)

Related to that...here is where I got the refurb idea, and maybe I'm off base, but the deck plans on line have two separate sets of plan options; one ends April 26 2015 and the next doesn't start till May 3 2015...so there is a week there where they don't give you any idea what you cabin category would be??:confused: usually, when you see that it's because the ship is undergoing a change that changes the deck plans, especially when there is a gap in time like that. But when I look at them I don't see ANY changes in the venues other than color of the cabin and letters assigned to each categories. So its entirely possible that there is a cruise, but there aren't deck plans for that week. I see it on the website too, Adventure doing S Caribbean right through May, weird, huh?

Maybe this is good for us, and no week out of service will mean business as usual!:D

Familygoboston,

Thanks for the update. I may just call Royal to find out if there's a refurb, maintenance, or if it's something simple like you mentioned about cabin designations.

Also not on the roll call yet. We may be changing departure dates. It's currently $450 cheaper to depart on May 9. Very similar itineraries.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

Familygoboston,

Thanks for the update. I may just call Royal to find out if there's a refurb, maintenance, or if it's something simple like you mentioned about cabin designations.

Also not on the roll call yet. We may be changing departure dates. It's currently $450 cheaper to depart on May 9. Very similar itineraries.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

Report back what you find if you can! Hope you can join us but I'd imagine May will be cheaper, we have a school vacation week April 18- 27 in some of the north east states, so the demand is probably a bit higher then. Good luck!:D

Thanks for this great thread on the Adventure. We are sailing on Adventure for the first time on Dec 14th. We have done Allure and Oasis the past several sailings but wanted some new ports to visit. Really looking forward to the Southern Caribbean itinerary.

We were fortunate to get a good deal on a Royal Family Suite for the 3 of us (our 18 year old son on college break going with us). Will be nice to have room to spread out and relax. We don't bring clothes for formal night but should be able to order from the MDR menu and enjoy dinner in our suite on those nights. We also will do a night or two at Giovanni's Table (was our favorite meal on Allure this month).

I was looking for some help on port info. Specifically which ports we can easily walk around town for shopping and/or walk to a beach nearby if not doing an excursion. Below is what we have planned and we are otherwise just looking for a relaxing beach nearby.

The stops we have are at:

Bridgetown, Barbados

- Plan on doing the Barbados Beach Break if not a close beach to do on our own.

Castries, St. Lucia

- Thinking about the Coastal Cruise to the Pitons excursion.

St. John's,, Antigua

- looking for a beach

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

- going to Maho Beach on our own to see the planes land

St. Croix, US Virgin Islands

- Plan on doing the Coastal Bike Tour (if anyone has done this, was it good?)

If you can let me know which ports have easy access to town (without taking a taxi) that would be great. And if you know of any nice beaches close to the port to do on our own, that is also appreciated.

Thanks for you help.

Of all the ports, Bridgetown had the best access to town and shopping that are close and walkable. Castries has a shopping area right by the port exit. I'm drawing a blank on Antigua. St. Maarten you need a water taxi or taxi but it's not far. St. Croix has a little shopping that's walkable but there's not a lot there.

St. Maarten you need a water taxi or taxi .

You can walk from the port to the bus on Back Street in about 15-20 minutes. The bus is $2 per person and it takes about 35-40 minutes. The bus is actually a minivan that says BUS on the license plate. There will be a sign in the window to where it is going.There is heavy traffic in and around town.

The taxis are much more expensive

Maho Beach is really worth the visit, enjoy

Edited by badatz

You can walk from the port to the bus on Back Street in about 15-20 minutes. The bus is $2 per person and it takes about 35-40 minutes. The bus is actually a minivan that says BUS on the license plate. There will be a sign in the window to where it is going.There is heavy traffic in and around town.

The taxis are much more expensive

Maho Beach is really worth the visit, enjoy

That's exactly what we do. So much more fun on that "bus"!:)

Tom

Better not be no refurb or RC forgot to tell us something because we are sailing on the 26th :D

Better not be no refurb or RC forgot to tell us something because we are sailing on the 26th :D

I'm not seeing anything amiss for the April 26 departure. I've done mock bookings online for several weeks starting from April 19th(my current departure) to May 9. The RCCC website allows bookings, and shows no sailing break for the Adventure. I'm not seeing (or understanding) what the poster said of changes to cabin designations. I can still book several cabins on all of those departures from April into May.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the 26th departure. You can also call them to alleviate your concerns.

Tom

Please forgive me if this has already been asked/answered on this rather long thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has a link to recent Cruise Compasses for both itineraries on Adventure out of San Juan. We are sailing B2B in January and would love to take peek at the Compasses in advance. Thanks!

I've got all the compasses for our cruise scanned and put into an album on imgur at imgur . com/a/hPbam#0 (just remove the spaces. CC replaces imgur with ***'s )

I also have a post made with the compasses in it here.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2133439

I've got all the compasses for our cruise scanned and put into an album on imgur at imgur . com/a/hPbam#0 (just remove the spaces. CC replaces imgur with ***'s )

I also have a post made with the compasses in it here.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2133439

Thanks so much, gregorykicks.

Since the "A" route changes you might list your specific itinerary that you desire compasses.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm looking for the compass for the Adventure "Caribbean A" itinerary that sails to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba and Curacao. We embark on February 1. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm looking for the compass for the Adventure "Caribbean A" itinerary that sails to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba and Curacao. We embark on February 1. Thanks.

We sail that itinerary on December 21. If they've not been posted yet, I'll try to do it when we return!

We begin tht run tomorrow. Don't know if I can post compasses but will be happy to try to answer any specific questions about event times, etc.

Does anyone have a recent photo of an owners suite on aos.? They have updated the website photo and it "looks" like they have done even more works to the suites since the refurbished last spring. Is this true?

Also does anyone have any info on Internet packages and costs? Does the "pervasive wifi" really work?

Does anyone have a recent photo of an owners suite on aos.? They have updated the website photo and it "looks" like they have done even more works to the suites since the refurbished last spring. Is this true?

Also does anyone have any info on Internet packages and costs? Does the "pervasive wifi" really work?

I meant to say grand suite, not owners suite. Oops

Does anyone know approx how much Diamond and above members are usually on board a cruise on Adventure out of San Juan?

I would imagine it changes quite a bit based on the time of the year. What we found was that there are more high tier cruisers at the times of the year when it's cheaper to sail (late fall and early November and early December, excluding any week that includes a holiday) or when promotions are offered (such as the old Diamonds in December promo). There are less during traditional family vacation times, summer, March breaks, holiday cruises because these are expensive times to cruise and if you have the luxury of cruising a lot, whenever you like, you don't ordinarily pick the most expensive times. Because many Diamond cruisers prefer Jewel over ships with Royal Promenades, (but not all of us ;))and Jewel does a similar itinerary from a SJ, we found more upper tier folks (the party and lounges were more crowded, tho that could be because they are smaller too) than on other ships.

That's just our experience while cruising and chatting with folks...but it can vary!