All Things Adventure of the Seas

We did the Adventure a few weeks ago. This was our second time on her after about 10 years. Must say she is looking pretty good still. And her staff was wonderful.

I've searched this thread as well as CC in general and haven't found any photos of the Diamond Club. Does anyone have any? We just sailed the Freedom and really enjoyed that area, so we are definitely looking forward to it on the Adventure next year.

I've searched this thread as well as CC in general and haven't found any photos of the Diamond Club. Does anyone have any? We just sailed the Freedom and really enjoyed that area, so we are definitely looking forward to it on the Adventure next year.

The DL on Adventure is in the same exact place as it is on Freedom.

Yeah, I seen the location, but I was hoping to see what it looks like. Is it basically the same as the Freedom as far as layout?

I have not seen the DL on Adventure, but I have seen the DL on Navigator, and it's about the same as the one on Freedom, Liberty, and Indy.

Yeah, I seen the location, but I was hoping to see what it looks like. Is it basically the same as the Freedom as far as layout?

Yes, pretty much. Did not spend more than a few minutes there as it was crowded every night. We sat in the Viking Crown Lounge and got our drinks there. The waiters told us the first night we could go and get our appetizers and bring them into the bar. We did every night after that.

GuitarSingapore's blog has recent photos (May 2014) and a video tour

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/06/adventure-of-seas-diamond-lounge-june.html

You may want to check that out.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/06/adventure-of-seas-diamond-lounge-june.html

Thanks for highlighting my blog. Shucks, feel like cruising again, but gotta work to earn that money so that we can cruise...... :):)

Yes, pretty much. Did not spend more than a few minutes there as it was crowded every night. We sat in the Viking Crown Lounge and got our drinks there. The waiters told us the first night we could go and get our appetizers and bring them into the bar. We did every night after that.

We will be Diamond on our March Adventure cruise, getting to that level on October 27th after the Oasis westbound transatlantic. We plan to enjoy the Diamond perks and visit the DL, but if it's crowded we won't stay long. Your idea sounds like the best plan.

Edited by janeyzee

Thanks for the link! The videos are great! I wish the TV was above the bar like on the Freedom. We were usually in there late at night when it was empty watching football.

No, still deck 9.

Thanks Bob! Is there a list somewhere that indicates what all was actually done during the "revitalization"? I remember seeing discussions about the time of the dry dock and thinking that it didn't sound like much was being done. It would have been nice if they had given AD the same changers they gave NV! We love AD anyway...but just figure if they were going to do it they should do it right.

Thanks Bob! Is there a list somewhere that indicates what all was actually done during the "revitalization"? I remember seeing discussions about the time of the dry dock and thinking that it didn't sound like much was being done. It would have been nice if they had given AD the same changers they gave NV! We love AD anyway...but just figure if they were going to do it they should do it right.

I know someone did post a list, but I don't have it handy. They did very little. From what I can remember, she got the pool big screen, Giovanni's Table, Diamond lounge, and pervasive wireless.

She only got a 'mini' revitalization in 2014. She is due for a more major refit in 2016 I understand.

For this last update as Bob said there was the replacement of Portofino with Giovanni's Table.

Diamond Club replaced 19th Hole in Viking Crown.

Outdoor Movie screen

New pool deck flooring

Digital Wayfinders

Pervasive WiFi

LCD TV's in all staterooms

PS3's in full suites replacing DVD players

New oceanview cabins on deck 3 replacing the private dining rooms

New carpeting in hallways on most decks (saw more of this in August than when we sailed in April)