Glacier Brewhouse in Anchorage

misssea

My brother is a local and he says Humpy's is the place to go in Anchorage!

I'm local and Humpy's is a whole different experience then Glacier Brewhouse. Nothing about the two are similar except they cook food. I'd recommend both.

As I have zero experience with either Glacier Brewhouse or Humpy's, I wouldn't even hazard to guess if they were at all similar...I was just under the assumption they might be similar given one is a "Brewhouse" and the other an "alehouse"! I only know my brother recommended Humpy's to me (we're hopping on a cruise to attend his wedding in Skagway) and he always seeks out un-touristy places with decent food, reasonable prices and they usually have a pretty "cool" vibe. He hasn't steered me wrong yet!

We've been to both restaurants . Glacier Brewhouse is a little more upscale while Humpeys is more casual. Both were good, but we liked Glacier Brewhouse better Their parmesan crusted halibut is most delicious! You would do best to arrive early if possible - about 4:30 - 5 pm to beat the crowds. Otherwisethere will be a wait.

As I have zero experience with either Glacier Brewhouse or Humpy's, I wouldn't even hazard to guess if they were at all similar...I was just under the assumption they might be similar given one is a "Brewhouse" and the other an "alehouse"! I only know my brother recommended Humpy's to me (we're hopping on a cruise to attend his wedding in Skagway) and he always seeks out un-touristy places with decent food, reasonable prices and they usually have a pretty "cool" vibe. He hasn't steered me wrong yet!

Well, I can tell you that Humpy's will be full of all kinds of tourist come summer.

Trying to eat at places downtown during the summer for us locals, definitely takes some planning. I've been in Humpy's during the summer during lunch time and it's standing room only.

Humpy's does not take reservations. Glacier Brewhouse without reservations, the wait of an evening can be 45 minutes or longer.

Susan in Anchorage :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived