Spirit Fridge??

Plan B

I have copied the following from the NCL website -

"Stateroom features

All staterooms aboard Norwegian Spirit have a phone, TV, air conditioning, refrigerator, safe, duvet, bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Most lower beds are convertible to a queen-size bed."

Nearly everything else I have read states that fridges are only available for medical purposes.

My Mom & Dad have just returned from the Spirit in a balcony with a fridge without asking for one.

Just wondering if anyone knows if they are standard in all cabins.

Thanks

We had one in our cabin a few weeks ago.

When they did the dry dock in Oct 2011 they built a wooden construction above the drawers. There was a large cubby hole there with a shelf above that the TV sits on. The fridge was in that cubby hole and fitted the space very well, like it was designed to fit there.

I had read previously on here that cabins on the Spirit were being fitted with fridges and it is clearly not just a rumour.

It had the usual mini bar stuff in it. So definitely for medicinal purposes LOL

I don't know about that. When we cruised in Oct 2011 two weeks after the dry dock no refrigerator was in our balcony cabin. The big deal at the time was flat-screen TVs which were done DURING the dry dock and yet we had one of those. Honestly we never missed not having a fridge!

Maybe they are installing refrigerators as they get time.

When we sailed on the Spirit a couple of years ago, I was aware there was no fridge. We took a cooler which the room steward kept filled. That worked great and actually kept drinks much colder than the mini fridges do.

I just got back from the Spirit on Sunday - and we definitely had a fridge (in the cubby as someone mentioned above). All cabins seemed to have them (I peeked in a few doors). They were stocked with mini-bar items, but these can be removed easily.

I just got back from the Spirit on Sunday - and we definitely had a fridge (in the cubby as someone mentioned above). All cabins seemed to have them (I peeked in a few doors). They were stocked with mini-bar items, but these can be removed easily.

What type of cabin did you have, we have a I2 Family Inside deck 10 for our 12 Day Med. in July. Would prefer to have a fridge, but we're prepared to use a portable cooler with ice.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Sorry for delay in replying!

We were in an outside picture window room - deck 5. The only thing I would mention is that the fridges are quite small - ideal for bottles/small packages but you can't fit a full sized plate in there (we tried as had a birthday cake delviered to the room for husband from NCL and it didn't fit).

• 4 weeks later...
All recent trip reports state that they've had fridges in all categories of rooms. I certainly hope so. Now, if they'd just add self serve laundry, we'd be set!

NCL had some small self serve laundries before and removed them because of a hefty Coast Guard fine. The washers and dryers weren't commercial, passengers fought over their availability, and they also overloaded them causing flooding. Very few passengers bothered to watch over their clothes in the laundries, while others dumped their clothes on the floor/deck. They were more trouble than they were worth. NCL provides a laundry-cleaner-pressing service for a fee like every hotel, use them everyday or with the one bag special during a week's cruise.

There were no refrigerators in our room on the Spirit in 2011. :( But we cruise interiors so that might have been why. (All of our other interior rooms on NCL has had them though).

As you say they were not there in 2011 but NCL started installing them in 2012 and now in 2013 they have finished it seems.

As you say they were not there in 2011 but NCL started installing them in 2012 and now in 2013 they have finished it seems.

That is awesome. I'm glad to hear they installed them. That was the one thing we were missing but our room steward always kept our bucket full of ice for our drinks. :D

Archived