Is this unusual??

arizonagal15

We have a btb starting Sunday, 3/10/13 and booked a guarantee VF. We have not received our cabin as yet and getting nervous we will be in the stewards closet. Traveling on the ms. Amsterdam to the Caribbean. Is this a regular occurrence?

We have a btb starting Sunday, 3/10/13 and booked a guarantee VF. We have not received our cabin as yet and getting nervous we will be in the stewards closet. Traveling on the ms. Amsterdam to the Caribbean. Is this a regular occurrence?

Not unusual. Some folks, maybe even most, get their guarantee assignment a couple of weeks out but some don't find out their cabin until they get to the cruise terminal. Personally I've never booked a guarantee so have no experience so I can't say if it's better to get it earlier or later.

If you have a VF guarantee, you are on the ms Nieuw Amsterdam and not the ms Amsterdam - two different ships. :) And the Amsterdam is not sailing in the Caribbean at the moment.

Don't worry, you will not be in a steward's closet; you will be in at least a balcony cabin (that is the guarantee part ;) ). Final cabin assignment could happen as late as when you check in.

Check your luggage tags. For some reason cabin assignments sometimes show up there before in your reservations.

I wonder if having a back to back delays your cabin assignment - I would think they would try to get you in the same cabin for both weeks, and may have to wait on the other info for week #2.

DaveOKC

Maybe good things are going to happen for you. We are sailing this Saturday and just got our assignment last week...and then got a nice upsell offer that we took. We basically ended up paying the same for both of us that the stateroom is listed for one person.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woohoo, got our stateroom, won't be sleeping in the stewards closet, did the guarantee VF and got a VA. Now I'm counting the minutes till we leave. Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

Woohoo, got our stateroom, won't be sleeping in the stewards closet, did the guarantee VF and got a VA. Now I'm counting the minutes till we leave. Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

Wonderful. Good luck and have a happy cruise!

Doing the "I told you so" dance... : D

Congratulations! Enjoy your cruise. :)

Archived