Repeat Passenger Fare

pris993

Booked on a cruise for September, just tried to check the current fare on Princess' web site. Don't see that Princess is offerring repeat passenger fare, with a discount. Logged in and still got the same fare. Has Princess changed? Anyone else notice this booking on line?

Booked on a cruise for September, just tried to check the current fare on Princess' web site. Don't see that Princess is offerring repeat passenger fare, with a discount. Logged in and still got the same fare. Has Princess changed? Anyone else notice this booking on line?

Me too. I was wondering if it is because the booking is so far out. Booked a September voyage. No sale. The same May voyage is on sale.

I do have a terrific TA who will monitor my fare for me.

Renee

Past Passenger fares seem to come in two kinds, specific targeted offers (for which you get an email or postcard with a specific booking code and which Princess calls 'preferential pricing offers') or the Launch Savings available to all Captains Circle members. Launch Savings are essentially just early booking incentives.

The Fall 2013 cruises had to be booked by Dec. 31, 2012 to get the Launch Savings, which is why you no longer see it for your September cruise. The next 'deadline' is book by March 31 for Spring 2014 cruises.

Sales are yet another creature entirely. :)

Past Passenger fares seem to come in two kinds, specific targeted offers (for which you get an email or postcard with a specific booking code and which Princess calls 'preferential pricing offers') or the Launch Savings available to all Captains Circle members. Launch Savings are essentially just early booking incentives.

The Fall 2013 cruises had to be booked by Dec. 31, 2012 to get the Launch Savings, which is why you no longer see it for your September cruise. The next 'deadline' is book by March 31 for Spring 2014 cruises.

Sales are yet another creature entirely. :)

Thanks for the clarification. Does seem Princess has changed. We have cruised Princess for years, our next cruise will be our 22nd on Princess, guess we have been lucky, generally have found repeat passenger fares and discounts were available all the way up to final payment. We usually book early, booked our September cruise while on the Ruby March 2011. I was checking to see if there were any fare drops on the cruise. In the past if there was a fare drop we got the new price.

I agree. Several years ago, I was going to book a Southampton-to-NY cruise with a friend. We each book our own cabins. She lives in New England, I live in southern CA. She received an email offer for half-price fares and even being solo, paid only the per-person fare. Same cabin type and category, and I was charged the 200% single supplement. Same TA. Our TA tried to get me the fare using my friend's code but was told it was a very targeted email and unless I received the email directly, wasn't eligible. As it turned out, my fare was reduced to about the original per-person fare at final payment. Then, a week before sailing, I was upgraded to an AB mini-suite. First and only upgrade

Archived