Beer options on Equinox

mizLORInj

There was quite a comprehensive list flying about somewhere. I don't think your brother will be disappointed.

Oh, I found this and copied from another thread 'resullt!'

Michael's Brew Pub

Lagers

Anchor Steam Beer

{ California Common | Steam Beer }

California| 12 oz 7

Paulaner Salvator

{ Dopplebock } Germany| 11.2 oz 6

Eggenburg

{ Dopplebock } Austria| 330 ml 11

Kirin Ichiban

{ Dry Lager } Japan| 350 ml 5

Sapporo

{ Dry Lager } Japan| 12 oz 6

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

{ Miabock } Oregon| 12 oz 8

Bud Light

{ American Lager } Missouri| 12 oz 4.50

Amstel Light

{ Light Lager } Netherlands| 12 oz 5

Bohemia

{ Standard Lager } Mexico| 12 oz 6

Samuel Adams

{ Standard Lager } Boston| 12 oz 5

Dos Equis

{ Standard Lager } Mexico| 12 oz 5

Abita Save Our Shore

{ Pilsner } New Orleans| 22 oz 12

Hacker-Pschorr

{ Pilsner } Germany| 12 oz 6

Moretti

{ American Lager } Italy| 11.2 oz 6

Stella Artois

{ Premium Lager } Belgium| 330 ml 6

Beck’s

{ Premium Lager } Germany| 330 ml 5

Carlsberg

{ Premium Lager } Denmark| 12 oz 6

Red Stripe

{ Premium Lager } Jamaica| 355 ml 5

Peroni

{ Premium Lager } Italy| 355 ml 6

Heineken

{ Premium Lager } Netherlands| 330ml 5

Ales

Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA

{ India Pale Ale } Delaware| 12 oz 9

Stone IPA

{ India Pale Ale } California| 12 oz 8

Full Sail IPA

{ India Pale Ale } Oregon| 12 oz 6

Nestbeer Hitachino Wood Aged IPA

{ India Pale Ale } Japan| 750 ml 24

Arrogant Bastard Ale

{ Strong Ale } San Diego| 22 oz 19

Ommegang Abbey Ale

{ Dubbel } New York| 12 oz 9

Brooklyn Lager

{ Pale Ale } New York| 12 oz 7

O’hara’s

{ Red Ale } Ireland| 330 ml 6

Newcastle Brown Ale

{ Northern English Brown Ale } England| 12 oz 6

Fuller’s Vintage Ale 2009

{ Old Ale } England| 500 ml 15

Sierra Nevada

{ Pale Ale } California| 12 oz 6

Cooper’s Sparkling Ale

{ Ordinary Bitters } Australia| 12.7 oz 7

Fuller’s ESB

{ Extra Special Bitters } England| 11.2 oz 6

Old Speckled Hen

{ Extra Special Bitters } England| 12 oz 7

Belhaven

{ Scottish Ale } Scotland| 500 ml 11

Samuel Adams Wee Heavy

{ Scottish Ale } Boston| 12 oz 7

Porters & Stouts

Fuller’s London Pride

{ Brown Porter } England| 11.2 oz 8

Highland Oatmeal Porter

{ Porter } North Carolina| 12 oz 8

Highland Black Mocha Stout

{ Stout } North Carolina| 12 oz 8

Guinness Stout

{ Dry Stout } Ireland| 14.9 oz 6

O’hara’s Irish Stout

{ Dry Stout } Ireland| 330 ml 7

Belgians

Deus Brut Des Flanders Cuvee

{ Biere de Champagne | Biere Brut }

Belgium| 750 ml glass 14.50 | bottle 49

Orval

{ Specialty Ale } Belgium| 11.2 oz 9

Chimay Cinq Cents Blanche

{ Triple } Belgium| 750 ml 24

Chimay Grand Reserve Blue

{ Dark Strong Ale } Belgium| 750 ml 24

Chimay Premiere Rouge

{ Dubbel } Belgium| 750 ml 24

Delirium Tremens

{ Golden Strong Ale } Belgium| 11.2 oz 14

Delirium Nocturnum

{ Dark Strong Ale } Belgium| 11.2 oz 14

Duval

{ Golden Strong Ale } Belgium| 11.2 oz 12

Leffe

{ Blonde Ale } Belgium| 11.2 oz 5

Wheat Beers

Blue Moon

{ Wit Bier } Colorado| 12 oz 5

Samuel Adams Imperial White

{ Wit Bier } Boston| 12 oz 7

Hoegaarden

{ Wit Bier } Belgium| 12 oz 6

Franziskaner

{ Hefeweizen } Germany| 12 oz 5

Ciders & Perry

Strongow

{ Hard Cider } England| 275 ml 5

Magner’s

{ Hard Cider } Ireland| 11.2 oz 8

Woodchuck Amber

{ Hard Cider } Vermont| 12 oz 7

Woodchuck Pear

{ Perry Cider } Vermont| 12 oz 7

Lambics &

Fruit Beers

Leinenkugel’s Berry Weiss

{ Fruit Beer} Wisconsin| 12 oz 5

Lindeman’s Framboise

{ Fruit Lambic } Belgium| 750 ml 19

Silhouette had the extensive craft beers Menu in Michael's club when we sailed in January. We were on Equinox last year and Michael's did not have the craft beers shown in the menu in the previous posting. That was disappointing to some of the UK passengers that were sailing on her.

Celebrity is converting all of the "michael's club" rooms to beer pubs. They had one on the Millenium last month and it's on some other ships now...but not all. The list is long and there should be something for almost everyone to try. we found on the Millenium, even with it's new format, the room was almost empty when we passed. Only time will tell if this new format will continue.

Cruise ships have had notoriously bad beer options over the years. Thankfully, that is getting better. If I were in charge of a ship, I would institute a few easy changes that would make a huge difference imo, and be a positive economic move.

- I would turn Michael's into an all-day venue with more of a Sports pub feel. With the popularity of beer pubs, I cannot understand why a ship would not want one. That room would be full nearly all day.

- I would have live music at night in a corner of the pub. Just a simple acoustic guitarist would do, singing popular songs to get the crowd singing along as they watched Sports. Speaking of, the NCL Spirit has a perfect venue like this.

- I would serve basic pub food at a complimentary cost - Burgers, Wings, etc. If this was impossible due to kitchen issues, I would at the very least serve nuts and popcorn.

- FInally, I would serve a wide array of bottled beer, and have 4 beers on tap. A lighter beer (A Hef, Heineken, etc), a brown (Newcastle), an IPA, and a stout (Guiness). Those 4 beers on tap could basically appeal to almost every beer drinker.

Do that, and I think you have a venue that would be full most of the day, and a huge money-maker for the ship. It would also appeal to a type of person that many ships simply do not appeal to.

The Equinox is no place for a beer snob. The only thing resembling a micro brew was Sam Adams lager. They had Grolsch and Leffe, but nothing a beer snob would enjoy. Michaels Club is totally underused now on the Equinox, and it can't convert soon enough to suit any beer lover. You would hope that the ship would offer the microbrews in other venues, but no such luck.

Cruise ships have had notoriously bad beer options over the years. Thankfully, that is getting better. If I were in charge of a ship, I would institute a few easy changes that would make a huge difference imo, and be a positive economic move.

- I would turn Michael's into an all-day venue with more of a Sports pub feel. With the popularity of beer pubs, I cannot understand why a ship would not want one. That room would be full nearly all day.

- I would have live music at night in a corner of the pub. Just a simple acoustic guitarist would do, singing popular songs to get the crowd singing along as they watched Sports. Speaking of, the NCL Spirit has a perfect venue like this.

- I would serve basic pub food at a complimentary cost - Burgers, Wings, etc. If this was impossible due to kitchen issues, I would at the very least serve nuts and popcorn.

- FInally, I would serve a wide array of bottled beer, and have 4 beers on tap. A lighter beer (A Hef, Heineken, etc), a brown (Newcastle), an IPA, and a stout (Guiness). Those 4 beers on tap could basically appeal to almost every beer drinker.

Do that, and I think you have a venue that would be full most of the day, and a huge money-maker for the ship. It would also appeal to a type of person that many ships simply do not appeal to.

Totally agree with all of the above.

I've already written to Michael Bayley, the CEO of Celebrity Cruises, telling him pretty much what you've outlined here. Could you do the same? Our only hope of getting decent beers on all the ships--not just some of the ships like the Silhouette and the Reflection---is for enough people to start saying "Look there's a demand and we want this." Frankly, I don't know why they're dragging their heels. The world is in love with craft beer these days. Celebrity is sitting on their duffs letting a huge money-maker and people-pleasers pass them by. Go figure.

These are great words. You ought to run for president! The only minor quibble I'd have is limiting the draft beer choices to just four. But given the constraints of a ship kegs may not be a wise move for various reasons. So as long as it's cold and a glass is available I'm happy!

Otherwise beer and sportsbar junkies unite!

Archived