How safe is it

Croozer101

Put it in your suitcase and lock it.

Why didn't the poster whose steward left them a $20 bill give it to the steward instead of the purser???

You're right, and a few posts ago I did say that. At the time it just didn't occur to me; the older I get the slower the brain reacts. ;)

We have left: iPad, Motorola Xoom, camera, video camera, laptop all in our cabin at various times on various cruises and never once did anything go missing. However, that is us and if you are worried I suggest you bring a lock for your suitcase and secure your items that don't fit in the safe.

I don't think there would be a problem, but that is what I do.

To bring cameras like large nikon , iPads kindle etc that won't fit in safe ? Our camera won t and when I don t want to take it to dinner or the lounges do u feel ok to leave these in your cabin?

I take my tablet and put it out of sight when I leave it in the cabin.

Things have dissapeared. My experience about a week ago, my cabin steward was in the bathroom with the door closed (it would not stay open by itself), and his helper was three doors down vacuuming a cabin.

Anyone could have come by and walked in and grabbed something in plain sight in a few seconds and left with it.

Why take the chance?

When things dissapear, people blame the cabin steward. I believe its other pax walking by who see a opportunity and take it.

Just stick it in a drawer or in your suitcase, out of sight. It doesnt take that long to be safe rather than sorry. The time I walked by .. anyone could have walked in and not been noticed, door to the cabin wide open.

Dee777 - We have left things out as well, but like someone mentioned in a post above, if you are concerned you can always place them in a suitcase and lock it before leaving the cabin. Better safe then sorry!

We tend to put our gambling money in the safe...and not much else. My Kindle sits on the nightstand, the cameras sit at the ready on the desk or table, unless, of course, we have them with us. The bags that we carry off the ship are usually tucked out of the way, but not necessarily out of sight. We've never had anything taken.

In fact, there was something that kept coming back. I found a large-sized red bra tucked way back in a drawer. I threw it in the trash. That evening, it was on the bed. I again threw it out. Again, it was back on the bed after the steward had done up the room. Once we had accumulated enough trash to hide it under, it finally disappeared.

I've often walked down the hallway and seen cabin doors left propped open by a steward while they had left the room to fetch something, so while I don't usually worry about the staff, I do worry about other guests.

I tend to put all my valuables which don't fit into the safe into my suitcase and keep the suitcase locked when I'm not in the room. Out of sight, out of mind.

Archived