Chops - Red Velvet v's Chocolate Mud Cake

I was wondering what people prefer, I love both (my waistline doesn't), whilst my hubby like the red velvet cake but thinks the chocolate mud cake is too rich.

So what do you like?

Order one of each and decide for yourself!

It's too subjective and with individual preference!

I would probably order the chocolate mud cake,

if those were only items offered!

If not only items offered.

I may feel like coffee ice cream!

We ordered one of each and asked to take them back to our cabin with us. They dumped the red velvet cake on top of the mud pie on the same plate and covered both with plastic wrap. :mad: Would it really have been so hard to give us each our own plate?

Still...they were delish! :D

I'd have to say the Chocolate Mud Cake in Chops is the very best dish on the entire ship!! I am not a chocolate lover, but those few bites of Chocolate Mud Cake (it's all I have room for) with a cup of coffee are worth the price of going to Chops. ;)

My favorite is the passionberry duo. I find the Mud Pie to be delicious but way too filling after a full meal. And I found the red velvet cake to be flavorless and a bit dry. The passionberry duo is a little sweet and a little tart at the same time, and doesn't make me feel like the Goodyear Blimp once I've finished with it.

We ordered one of each and asked to take them back to our cabin with us. They dumped the red velvet cake on top of the mud pie on the same plate and covered both with plastic wrap.

Yummm, Red Velvet Chocolate Mud Smush!

I do think that would be delish!

Ann

After my meal I didn't want any dessert but asked if I could take my Mud Pie to the cabin. Hubby ate his in the restaurant. The waiter brought me a plate that had two slices of Mud Pie on it with two plastic forks.

Our cabin attendant saw us coming in the hall and stopped to chat. I asked him if he would want half of my dessert (it was the last night on the ship and DH didn't want any more food!) and he said that would be a big treat. So, I cut half off and gave it to him with a fork. About 10 minutes later I left the room and he was in the hall again and raved about how good the pie was.

I was wondering what people prefer, I love both (my waistline doesn't), whilst my hubby likes the red velvet cake but thinks the chocolate mud cake is too rich.

So what do you like?

I absolutely ADORE the red velvet cake.

It is really difficult to get red velvet cake in the UK and when you do it is always nothing like red velvet cake from the USA.

Roll on 3 weeks when ill be in Vero Beach eating red velvet cake and then on the Liberty Transatlantic eating it in Chops - ha ha ha !!!

Archived