CNN reporting another Carnival Ship having trouble (The Dream)

vinsheer

I cruised the Dream a few days after the Triumph debacle and let me just say I am so glad that my son and I have passports and I will gladly pay the money to get his renewed his every 5 years! I'm soooo glad we are not on this sailing!

What a PR nightmare for Carnival...will be interesting to see how they react.

OH, Please let this not be happening! Our's is the next up cruise out of Port Canaveral on Her:eek:

When I heard the news my heart sank:(....Last week just made initial deposit on the Dream's 5 day eastern caribbean out of Port Canaveral....it's our first cruise:D, as well as being our honeymoon:eek:...Hopefully things will work out just fine and moving forward she will be blemish free from this point on;)

I think Carnival should allow cruisers off the ship. They will have a long, possibly slower than normal cruise back home and i'm sure anxiety is high. To keep thousands on board solely so they can leave ASAP after being stranded for 24 hours is not good customer service IMO. Unless they knew the issue would be fixed by noon or so, at 8am they could have let everyone off and told them to return at 3pm.

IT's already a big inconvenience. don't further inconvenience customers to save a few $$.

I've had several cruises with carnival but i think i may officially retire. Realizing others human waste probably is on my bathroom floor more often than i care to realize and may or may not get effectively sanitized in the 3-4 minutes it is cleaned is unappealing. But i did enjoy my cruises (after ignoring the downgrade in quality)

It's quite possible that the authorities in St. Maarten are the ones in control of that situation and who are saying "no." Maybe, maybe not. Again, this is the type of thing that CCL should be talking about.

During the biggest crisis that this country ever faced I worked for a company that was deeply affected by the situation, and whose actions would have a very deep affect on other organizations. Within six hours of the incident, the company I worked for released a press release about the situation which included crucial information about how they would manage it. Over the next few days they released several other press releases. The transparency was--in most opinions--what kept the stock price strong--and even boosted it despite incredible financial losses.

News anchor on vacation on the Dream being interviewed on CNN said they have failed in repairing the ship so Carnival is making arrangements to charter planes and fly everyone back to Orlando tomorrow. Wow. At least Carnival isn't going to risk stranding thousands of people at sea.

Ok you Math geniuses,

How many passengers on the Dream right now, in the days between the Triumph Fire Cruise and leaving for their Dream cruise were asked "Arn't you scared to go on a cruise after the Triumph problem?"

And they said "It will be fine" "What are the odds of another ship breaking down?"

TEST;

What were the odds of this ship having a major break down? Just take it to the level of sailings/ships (just Carnival)?

Now CNN is talking to a news reporter that was cruising on the Dream. He's saying that Carnival is trying to charter planes from Miami to transport passengers home because they were unable to fix the generator.

Edit: Just saw the other comments that posted while I was typing that said the same thing :p

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

While I have to admit that "things do happen", the simple fact that this is the second time in a month for Carnival to have an issue makes me wonder what is going on.

What IF this had happened after the ship left St. Maarten? We'd be having the whole Triumph experience all over again.

It was five or six years between cruises for me and on my last cruise the cutbacks in the MDR and other areas were very noticeable even though I still enjoyed the cruise.

Honestly, the only reason I have cruised Carnival is because it is indeed cheaper than any other cruise line in terms of rates.

I also do not believe that other lines have had problems like this and have been able to somehow "keep it quiet". There's just no way that RCCL or NCL or any other line could keep something quiet if their ship with 5,000 passengers was stranded in a port or at sea.

As for the person who posted about having car problems...if you perform routine and regular maintenance on your car 99% of the time your mechanic can find problems before they happen. That's what concerns me the most with Carnival.

I will probably look to pay a couple hundred dollars more and go on a different line the next time I cruise. I've been wanting to try out something new anyway...this serves as my motivation to do so.

If there are five ships there, one is tendering. There is only dock space for four. Tendering in St. Maarteen is not unusual.

I've seen 6 ships docked on the main pier, 3 on each side. With the addition of the new pier, they can now dock 8 ships.

Archived