CNN reporting another Carnival Ship having trouble (The Dream)

vinsheer

huh?.. Orlando is Port Canaveral lol. Orlando is land locked but is the closest big city/ airport so it is referred to as being Port Canaveral/Orlando.

Oops, sorry I thought you were talking about the ship going back ..... My bad.

Finding it funny that so many are defending Carnival....would you defend a restaurant that served salmonella twice in three weeks? Or a car company that sent out dying engines twice in a month?

Due to the attempted personification of Carnival, some think the company is their friend. They even talk to it as their friend.

I already looked and there are private condos for rent. I usually use Homeaway.com or VRCBO.com. They always have rentals. If that does not work, we have friends in the area.

I'm not sweating it right now, just going with the flow.

Great attitude to have!! I would be doing the same if I were in your shoes!! Fingers crossed the ship is all set for your sailing and goes off without a hitch!! More people should have your attitude!! Make the best of it!! Have a great vacation - whatever it is you choose to do!

huh?.. Orlando is Port Canaveral lol. Orlando is land locked but is the closest big city/ airport so it is referred to as being Port Canaveral/Orlando.

MCO is not Port Canveral. Not geographically and not for immigration purposes.

Regardless, the rules regarding closed loop cruises are just that -- they're for closed loop cruises. This is no longer a closed loop cruise. It started in Port Canavaral and ended at St. Maarten. The passengers flying home are subject to the same immigration rules as anybody else flying from the Caribbean to the US. They will need passports, or they will need help from the US Embassy, which I'm sure will be working overtime the next couple of days to help get those passengers home.

Two completely different things, Orlando Aviation Authority is not the same thing as Port Canaveral. Using your logic, Ogden is the same place as Provo.

It's far more likely that Carnival is simply not maintaining their ships properly. Unless Carnival can start to show otherwise, some might start comparing the company (or at least the Carnival line) as being a slum lord who cares nothing about maintenance and only the money it can squeeze out of people.

Just odd how in stark contrast Uncle Gerry claimed safety first, in the top stickie as well. Now this.

I have come to realize (at least) this particular forum is not "Cruise Critic" where a wide variety of views are welcome, in actuality its "The Carnival Propaganda Site".

Its where Carnival is perfect in every way, Carnival never, ever has any problems, no delays, no fires, no human sewage running down the walls. Its where the media and passengers are mean and lying if they ever tell about any problem that happens, and the customers are greed no-goods if they expect refunds.

Yes, The Magnificent Carnival Cruise Line is perfect in every...single...way, and WOE to anyone here who openly disputes that in any respect. You will get promptly folded, spindled, and mutilated by the planted cheerleaders here.

Who needs a live Calypso band anyway? "How Great Thou Art" should wail homage to the Magnificent Carnival Cruise Line on cruises, 24/7.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/14/power-outages-overflowing-toilets-reportedly-plague-another-carnival-cruise/

How is this board different from the Royal board or NCL board?

It is the same thing on those....(been reading the NCL board for months now, getting ready for next year's Dawn cruise)

I like going over to the Royal board, when they change something, just to see them freak out, like the Carnival folks in here do...(was especially awesome, when the announcement about Carnival using Coco Cay was announced)

It is wonderful entertainment on a rainy day.

Bill

This means nothing unless it is based on a percentage of the fleet that suffered issues. With Carnival having the largest fleet, they are always going to have the largest slice using raw numbers.

Good try at confusing the masses.

Looking at teh pie chart with my "scary" naked eye, is not Carnival #3 behind Misc Ships and RCCL?

Two completely different things, Orlando Aviation Authority is not the same thing as Port Canaveral. Using your logic, Ogden is the same place as Provo.

I already posted an Oops, sorry was thinking it was the ship going back not an airplane. And yes I know Provo is not Ogden.

I am very surprised that CCl has just announced only a partial refund for guests currently on the Carnival Dream in St Maarten.

The guests are going to have an difficult time getting back to Port Canaveral and I think we are looking at a growing outrage.

Charter flights are not exempt from customs rules, and they're no longer on a close loop cruise. They'd be required to have passports, and CCL is going to have to work that out before they can fly those people home.

LOL! I can see the look on the wife's face when she looks at her husband :oand in a mocking voice says:cool::mad:, "No dear we don't need our passports, it's a loop cruise, don't worry about it, we'll be fine, really, no problem, trust me."

Any factual links to back that up?

When the Concordia incident ocurred, my Mediterranean cruise on HAL dropped dramatically. I upgraded to a suite at no cost. Could be coincidence, but common sense tells me the Concordia incident did effect the cruise industry.

I am very surprised that CCl has just announced only a partial refund for guests currently on the Carnival Dream in St Maarten.

The guests are going to have an difficult time getting back to Port Canaveral and I think we are looking at a growing outrage.

Carnival is getting them back. Charter flights and buses from MCO.

So, reading through the posts...it seems that Carnival did not make the decision to halt sailing because of the back up generator problem, but that it would have been illegal to do so per Caribbean/US law??

Could someone clarify....I hint a touch of spin by CCL if that is the case....

Of course Carnival will spin it, any company would. They are operating under the assumption that the general public doesn't know anything about it.

Unless Carnival could show that the emergency generator was a truly 3rd line back-up, they could not sail without it working. Since the Splendor and Triumph showed that that class of ships has problems with redundancy of the main power system (fire in one engine room knocks out both engine rooms), they could not make that point to the maritime authorities. The guiding principle of safety at sea is the SOLAS convention (Safety Of Life At Sea), to which all countries that have commercial ships flagged to them must be signatory to. Countries may be more stringent than SOLAS requires (USCG regulations for US ships for example), but all ships must meet SOLAS requirements, and the USCG has the right to board any foreign ship docked in a US port to inspect that ship as to its meeting SOLAS requirements for lifesaving and firefighting.

Looking at teh pie chart with my "scary" naked eye, is not Carnival #3 behind Misc Ships and RCCL?

Nope. Carnival and Costa are pretty even as #2 behind Misc. Even Princess appears to have more mishaps than RCI.

Not trying to be a Carnival cheerleader (because I'm not), but on this cruise they had already made all of their ports......the next 2 days were sea days. Although they are going to be late coming back in, the inconvenience is not as great as if this happened early in the cruise......

People will be outraged and unsatisfied no matter what they do or don't do. This is definately going to give Carnival a HUGE blackeye.

When the Concordia incident ocurred, my Mediterranean cruise on HAL dropped dramatically. I upgraded to a suite at no cost. Could be coincidence, but common sense tells me the Concordia incident did effect the cruise industry.

No argument with that. My response would be how is that cruise booking now?

Archived