I used Priceline but need a room for 4

tommy2tone41

I used Priceline to book my hotel. After learning how to rebid for free, I gave it a try by throwing a few low ball offers, not really thinking any of my bids would get accepted because the price was ridiculously low ($80 per night compared to $200+ per night on most online booking sites).

I am staying at the Westin Diplomat.

I know that Priceline has a rule that they only guarantee your room will accommodate 2 persons per room max. We are a party of 4 (including 2 kids and 2 adults). We put in a request with the hotel but they seemed pretty unresponsive.

Will I get stuck without sufficient bedding? Anyone have experience with the Westin Diplomat?

Your best bet is to contact the hotel and request a room with two beds - they are not obligated to provide one, but it can't hurt to ask. They might offer to "upgrade" you to a room for 4 for a fee :(

Good luck! :)

Agree with John that you can only REQUEST a room with two beds with a PL booking. You will not be guaranteed and unless you book another room now or try to pay extra now for a guaranteed two-bed room, you won't know what you will get.

You are at the mercy of the hotel's front desk the day and hour you arrive. If traveling during busy family vacation season, the double bed rooms will be more filled. Cross your fingers. Good luck.

(BTW we had a hotwire booked room there and it was pretty small. Certainly not big enough for cots or an second bed. )

For others... Big mistake using PL for a room for over two people.:o Use hotwire or other sites that allow for naming the number in the room.

I'm pretty sure the Westin will accommodate because they have lots of rooms with 2 beds but for future you should use Hotwire when traveling with kids. They will guarantee you a room with enough space for 4, although sometimes it is one bed and one pull-out couch.

I'm pretty sure the Westin will accommodate because they have lots of rooms with .

And this is the point.;) With kids, "pretty sure", "maybe" and "if they have one available" isn't what one wants to hear.:eek: OP should get something arranged before arriving.

And this is the point.;) With kids, "pretty sure", "maybe" and "if they have one available" isn't what one wants to hear.:eek: OP should get something arranged before arriving.

But he didn't and he has already contact the hotel so what else could he do? If he booked another room with Priceline it might not be at the same hotel.

@OP go with a big smile, a look of not knowing and I'm more than pretty sure the Westin will accommodate you. I have booked many Sheratons and Hiltons and even a Marriott using Priceline when I was still traveling with my kids. I only used Priceline when I was 99.9% sure the hotel was one of the big chains and only in hotels where a I knew they had plenty of double rooms. Not once did we end up with a kid on the floor but we always joked about it. This was before Hotwire changed to give you the choice and add kids. Once they did, we started using them just to avoid the stress.

Good luck and stay optimistic.

Forgot to add, it's a great hotel and your kids will love it.

But he didn't and he has already contact the hotel so what else could he do? If he booked another room with Priceline it might not be at the same hotel.

Exactly. My statement was a warning to others who use PL for more than a two-some. At this point, if I were the OP, I wouldn't wait till I got there. I would try to work out an "upgrade" of some sort now with the hotel. Only other option as you stated is try to work something out on arrival. Could it work out? Of course. Could they only be offered the room with one bed for what they paid..of course. (some hotels don't work very hard for PL customer requests) I just wouldn't want to be stuck after a day of traveling with bed-less kids.:eek:

My sister's family experienced this a couple years ago at a very large hotel in Indianapolis. She "assumed" they'd be able to get a double room. Wrong. It was a weekend and there were two weddings at the hotel with lots of double rooms blocked for those guests. Ended up costing them another one-bed room at rack rate when they checked in. Size of hotel might help, but doesn't always solve the problem.

If others learn something here, we have done our job.;)

If it was me, upon checking in to the Westin I would place a folded $20 bill in between my license and credit card. Hand all 3 to the front desk agent and as you're handing it to him/her, make your request politely. Still a chance you won't get what you want, but a simple $20 can work wonders.

You guys have raised a question now. I booked for the first time on PL using the express deal and it said I had bed choice which I in turn said I wanted the 2 double beds. So please tell me that in my case, I will have the 2 beds since it said I could choose my beds.

I've been using PL for years and I never had a problem. If they said you have a choice you'll get what you choice. Next Sunday I'm booked at the Hyatt Regency in Baltimore and I have no doubt in my mind that I'll be disappointed. You wouldn't believe some of the rooms I got for under $80. Two thumbs up for Priceline!

You guys have raised a question now. I booked for the first time on PL using the express deal and it said I had bed choice which I in turn said I wanted the 2 double beds. So please tell me that in my case, I will have the 2 beds since it said I could choose my beds.

Yes you should. Just call the hotel in advance and make sure your HOTEL res has that request.

• 5 months later...
If it was me, upon checking in to the Westin I would place a folded $20 bill in between my license and credit card. Hand all 3 to the front desk agent and as you're handing it to him/her, make your request politely. Still a chance you won't get what you want, but a simple $20 can work wonders.

Ha!! My daughter-in-law tried this. I checked in right after her without the added "bonus". We got exactly the same rooms.

Express is different than name your own price. You'll get what you requested on express deals. Name your own price is iffy.

I've done both and as others have stated, only name your own price if you only need one bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Twice I have checked in to the Hyatt hotel at Grand Central in NYC when someone was trying to check in four people to a priceline room and were turned down and had to pay rack rate for the room.

To the OP, call the hotel and ask them what you need to do. The hotel charging you a nomimal fee is much better than showing up with a smile on your face and trying to pass of a twenty when the hotel is full.

Archived