Oceania Acquisition Rumour ???

wandrr

I work for the lines. So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies. Some of you people are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about. But trust me... You don't. This is how bad info gets passed around. If you dont know about the topic...Dont make yourself sound like you do. Because some people belive anything they hear.

If you've been paying attention you'd have seen PCHs recent press release. In an effort to generate the capital necessary to bring Regent up from the drain it was last seen circling, Oceania is going to be sold off to Carnival Corporation. While Carnival already has a top tier cruise line in the form of Seabourn, they don't have anything occupying the next tier down. The benefits of this sale are so good they could be put on a flip-flop and it would taste good.

Now as you may or may not know Oceania was started by a former president of Crystal Cruises (along with FDR) who wanted a more casual laid back atmostphere where tuxes were not seen every other night or at all on passengers. That was back in 2002. This is now 2013. Definitions of what constitutes a casual, relaxed atmosphere have changed. Tastes in food and entertainment have changed.

Therefore the new Carnival owned Oceania will be looking to venture into more contemporary waters. The first step of this project is to form a joint venture with Scripps Networks specifically FoodTV and the Travel Channel. A new ship will be built to further the alliance. In a departure from tradition this ship will not have a God-Mother. Instead this ship will have a God-Bro. The best fit for this position of course is none other than famed culinarian and hair gel genius - Guy Fieri.

This ship will feature an even more relaxed atmosphere than the existing vessels. Instead of country club casual the dress code will be referred to as "Bro-some wears". Shorts and t-shirts will be encouraged. Flip-flops will be the footwear of choice. For those without body ink, stick on tattoss will be available. Further in what is quite possibly an industry first Oceania is proud to announce a tattoo parlor at sea. Fake gold by the yard will be available for sale or rental. Passengers will however be required to comport with the "Sunglasses may only be worn on the back of the neck" rule. Vats of hair gel will be positioned throughout the ship for any last minute hair spike touch up needs. The new atmosphere will be money and help prevent the crustification of the passenger base.

Instead of the Bon Appetite cooking classroom the ship will feature mini-big-bite styled cooking areas kitchen.png

But with our hectic modern days who has time to go out, purchase, prep and cook actual fresh ingrediants? Courtesy of another FoodTV tie in Sandra Lee you will be instructed in how to properly microwave a large range of frozen food, toss a can of mystery meat in the mix, dump a fifth of Jack on it and call it a meal as this is how we roll.

On board entertainment will be provided by a drunken Anthony Bourdain impersonator pontificating about - well who really cares what he has to say. We know you all just want to see what endangered species he'll stuff his face with next and just how plowed he can be. If that doesn't make you exclaim "That’s a hot frisbee of fun." the new CCL/Oceania venture will also offer passengers the chance to participate in a new extreme sporting event "Who wants to be the Worst Iron Chef in America - at Sea". This exiciting audience participation driven activity will be sure to have you wondering whether you just got a case of Norovirus or if you've "Been stricken by the Chicken" as Guy would say.

So if you're into modern food culture and love relaxed cruising standards be sure to catch the next boat to Flavortown with the new CCL/Oceania cruises in 2019.

/No I don't work for the any cruise line

//AFAIK None of this is True

///Look at the day this was posted:D

i work for the lines. So i am really getting a kick out of most of these replies. Some of you people are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about. But trust me... You don't. This is how bad info gets passed around. If you dont know about the topic...dont make yourself sound like you do. Because some people belive anything they hear.

If you've been paying attention you'd have seen pchs recent press release. In an effort to generate the capital necessary to bring regent up from the drain it was last seen circling, oceania is going to be sold off to carnival corporation. While carnival already has a top tier cruise line in the form of seabourn, they don't have anything occupying the next tier down. The benefits of this sale are so good they could be put on a flip-flop and it would taste good.

Now as you may or may not know oceania was started by a former president of crystal cruises (along with fdr) who wanted a more casual laid back atmostphere where tuxes were not seen every other night or at all on passengers. That was back in 2002. This is now 2013. Definitions of what constitutes a casual, relaxed atmosphere have changed. Tastes in food and entertainment have changed.

Therefore the new carnival owned oceania will be looking to venture into more contemporary waters. The first step of this project is to form a joint venture with scripps networks specifically foodtv and the travel channel. A new ship will be built to further the alliance. In a departure from tradition this ship will not have a god-mother. Instead this ship will have a god-bro. The best fit for this position of course is none other than famed culinarian and hair gel genius - guy fieri.

This ship will feature an even more relaxed atmosphere than the existing vessels. Instead of country club casual the dress code will be referred to as "bro-some wears". Shorts and t-shirts will be encouraged. Flip-flops will be the footwear of choice. For those without body ink, stick on tattoss will be available. Further in what is quite possibly an industry first oceania is proud to announce a tattoo parlor at sea. Fake gold by the yard will be available for sale or rental. Passengers will however be required to comport with the "sunglasses may only be worn on the back of the neck" rule. Vats of hair gel will be positioned throughout the ship for any last minute hair spike touch up needs. The new atmosphere will be money and help prevent the crustification of the passenger base.

Instead of the bon appetite cooking classroom the ship will feature mini-big-bite styled cooking areas kitchen.png

but with our hectic modern days who has time to go out, purchase, prep and cook actual fresh ingrediants? Courtesy of another foodtv tie in sandra lee you will be instructed in how to properly microwave a large range of frozen food, toss a can of mystery meat in the mix, dump a fifth of jack on it and call it a meal as this is how we roll.

On board entertainment will be provided by a drunken anthony bourdain impersonator pontificating about - well who really cares what he has to say. We know you all just want to see what endangered species he'll stuff his face with next and just how plowed he can be. If that doesn't make you exclaim "that’s a hot frisbee of fun." the new ccl/oceania venture will also offer passengers the chance to participate in a new extreme sporting event "who wants to be the worst iron chef in america - at sea". This exiciting audience participation driven activity will be sure to have you wondering whether you just got a case of norovirus or if you've "been stricken by the chicken" as guy would say.

So if you're into modern food culture and love relaxed cruising standards be sure to catch the next boat to flavortown with the new ccl/oceania cruises in 2019.

/no i don't work for the any cruise line

//afaik none of this is true

///look at the day this was posted:d

lol

baychilla,by the first half of your posting, I was reading with increasing horror! :confused: With my very first O cruise not till a year from now, I thought, "This will be a disaster!"

Thank you for eventually returning to the Theatre of the Absurd, and slowly my heart rate descended back down from 500 bpm, to it's normal 65!

Yup! You got me! Thanks for the chuckle!:D

Archived