Any discounts on horizon to keep passengers that are already booked?

I have a decent size group of people going on a September cruise on the Magic. Some of hte people in the group are starting to question the decision now after this week. I was wondering if anybody thinks Carnival might give any discounts to people that are booked for a future cruise to keep them from changing their plans?

Between now and September, the Triumph incident (and the overhyped associated stories) will be a distant memory. The media will have forgotten about Carnival by then and moved on to other stories

As far as Carnival giving you additional discounts to keep your business, I seriously doubt it. They already have your money. However, it doesn't hurt to check for price drops since you're sailing smack in the peak of hurricane season and price drops closer to departure date are not uncommon to move cabin inventory and fill up the ship.

What is the 'price drops' I keep seeing in some posts? I am pretty new at this so I am trying to learn all I can... thanks.

Rates go up and down all the time, You can check prices right now. Go to sleep and check them in the morning and they'll be more or less depending on how well the sailing is selling. So the rate may be $599 today, it may go up to $799 tomorrow, then back down a week later to $499. It's all based on supply and demand. Depending on what rate you've booked your cruise under, you may be able to re-price your cruise should the rates drop below what you initially reserveed under.

Do you know what type of rate you will be booking? Different rates allow you to take advantage of price adjustments all the way until a few days prior to sailing. Others allow you to take advantage of price adjustments until final payment. Other rates dont allow you to take advantage of price adjustments at all.

I am not sure... Can I find that somewhere? I go on all the time and just price rooms on the same deck as mine same type to see if they price out any different... Is that basically all I can do? How can Ifind out if my rate allows my to take advantage of a price drop? I appreciate your information... thanks!

I am not sure... Can I find that somewhere? I go on all the time and just price rooms on the same deck as mine same type to see if they price out any different... Is that basically all I can do? How can Ifind out if my rate allows my to take advantage of a price drop? I appreciate your information... thanks!

If you haven't booked your cruise yet, and since you're learning the system, I recommend that you get in touch with a Personal Vacation Planner (PVP) at Carnival who can explain the different rates available for your sailing. That way, you'll be taking to the same person from the moment you book your cruise until you sail. Some of these rates can be tricky, even for seasoned cruisers.

You can call Carnival's PVP line at 1-800-819-3902 and request to be assigned to a PVP. Their hours are M-Th 11am-8pm, and F 9am to 6pm (eastern).

Would strongly suggest you spend a lot of time on here learning the ins and outs of cruising.

Cruising the Paradise is September..Booked a Suite for our 20th anniversary ... prices have gone UP since I booked...fingers crossed that they budge a little and I may reap some benefits of a price reduction as many of you have

They dont have my money yet, that is why I posed the question... We have put down a deposit and the remainder is not due until July... What is the 'price drops' I keep seeing in some posts? I am pretty new at this so I am trying to learn all I can... thanks.

If you booked under early Saver, they do have your money. If you aren't, you're one of the lucky ones

If you haven't booked your cruise yet, and since you're learning the system, I recommend that you get in touch with a Personal Vacation Planner (PVP) at Carnival who can explain the different rates available for your sailing. That way, you'll be taking to the same person from the moment you book your cruise until you sail. Some of these rates can be tricky, even for seasoned cruisers.

You can call Carnival's PVP line at 1-800-819-3902 and request to be assigned to a PVP. Their hours are M-Th 11am-8pm, and F 9am to 6pm (eastern).

I'm assuming he's already booked - September sailing on Magic. They may have a group rate as he mentioned a "decent sized group of people".

If you have a group rate, you are locked into that price and any price drop for other rates will not apply to you.

Unless you for instance booked ES as a group rate.

You can book other rates than the so called group rate and still be booked as part of the group.

Archived