Valor Review 2/13

very nice review and thanks for posting all the pictures.

can you comment on getting alchol onboard? I hear San Juan is an easy port to do this. I am just looking to bring and extra bottle of scotch on with us.

thanks,

The bags went through an xray machine' date=' no one physically when through our bags. The line was not long at all by the time we got to the pier and we walked right on board.[/quote']

ok, thank you.

I am going to try and get a bottle of alcohol on board in addition to the 1 bottle of wine allowed.

Thanks for the review and pics. We are going on the valor in June. Can't wait!!

For the ziplining..... can you go even if you don't zipline? My husband and daughter would like to zipline, but I am not interested. Is there a place I can go to maybe take pictures of them while they do this? Or would it be best for me to do something on my own while they do zipline?

Any help would be great. Thank you!

We took a cab in to town. We decided we were going to do a little shopping before we hit the beach.

We then decided to walk to Boatyard Beach after walking though town.

It was extremely hot' date=' and we were [b']constantly bothered about taking a tour. [/b]===> Taxi drivers!

(My advice... don't bother shopping

- go directly to the beach and take a cab there) ===> Cab is less than $5 usually.

Walking there wasn't all that far, but I did not feel completely safe. ===> I understand.

Boatyard Beach was a blast! ===> Carlisle Bay is very pleasant!

Please don't wear gold jewelry while ashore, particularly gold chains around the neck.

Let's just say we've had a few incidents, okay? :cool:

My advice would be to take a tour from right there at the Port.

You can shop in the Cruise Terminal bldg. where most of the big local stores have nice shops anyway!

Bridgetown_Cruise_Terminal.jpg

Another question... what time did you get to the boat in San Juan and how long did it take you to board?

We arrived at the port at 11:15 and were enjoying our first drinks on board by 12:30. We were zone 9 and they started boarding just after noon. Shortly after we got our Sail & Sign cards the line to do so got very long.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, mainescout. Please give me your opinion on this:

Our CC group is talking about having an informal Meet 'n Greet at 9:30 PM or right after muster by the Sky Dome on Deck 10 on the Valor so we have a good view of SJ at sailaway. Do you think this will work out okay?

Archived