I'm loving the new sale!

Leo's Rule

I too love this sale! We had our family of 5 booked in one deluxe ocean view, but with the sale, the price for a second deluxe ocean view was only $64 in total, so now we have two rooms ( one for the kiddos and one for us). Plus, we moved up a deck from Riviera to Main. Strange thing is that the one room we originally had is still $800 more than we booked it for, but having two rooms was only $64. Don't really understand that one, but also don't care because we so prefer the two rooms!

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE THAT IT'S ONLY THROUGH AUGUST.

If you have a cruise booked this year at all, I strongly urge you to check your rates. Even though everything I read was that this sale was only for sailings through August, I suggest you check your cruise. For instance, my October 20 Sunshine cruise is $20/person cheaper than the Save Big and Spring Into Savings prices. I don't know if I should submit another price protection form for the new price even though the one I submitted last week hasn't been approved yet.

I'm thinking I should, then if one drops through the cracks, I have a fall back form pending.

OMG--this may come as no surprise to some, but I'm glad I called Carnival about not hearing anything back on a couple of forms I submitted.

The back story: In March 2012, I booked on Carnival Legend's October 31 European sailing. I wasn't going to book ES for that cruise, but when I called, the booking agent at Carnival basically kept steering me that way until I relented and booked ES for the sailing.

November 2012: Carnival Legend sailing is canceled by Carnival. I don't get any notice of this cancellation--I find out about it via USA Today. I call to rebook on Carnival Sunshine. Carnival booking agent tries to charge me the $50 fee for charging the cruise. I end up having to call back during the day (as opposed to early evening) the next day to actually complete the booking. I mistakenly believe that all of the information from the Legend gets moved over to Sunshine.

Recent sales, February/March: I submitted price protection forms. Got a denial on one, called and asked about it and was told I had put in the wrong information. Didn't hear back from second attempt, and we're still in the window for the Spring into Savings sale. Since the price today was even cheaper, I called and told them I wasn't hearing anything back.

The agent today says that my price wasn't booked as ES. She was able to go back and verify that the original cruise was booked as ES and that she will make note of that, and that they should be able to move me from 4C to 4G for the same price. She said she had to get in touch with Guest Solutions first--however, after trying she couldn't get in touch with anyone. so I'll have to call back. However, she apparently wasn't seeing the past guest preview price of $589 in her system as she kept talking about the $609 price.

At least I'm understanding why they've been denying my price reduction requests/not hearing back, and on the way to fixing it.

But now as I type this, I realize how dumb I am. Since I'm not to final payment date yet, and not in the system as ES, I should have just been able to ask for the new price without actually messing around with calling back and filling out forms. I really don't think the price is going to drop further than the $589 price. <face palm>

Bummer - our sailing never goes down. We booked Early saver on the June 10th Splendor sailing out of NYC and it only goes up. The current rate with the sale is $200 MORE for a room that should be cheaper than ours. We have an aft wrap on deck 6 and the aft extended right next to ours is currently more :(

I'm hoping someone can help a 1st time cruiser out here. We are sailing on Ecstasy, April 22-27. I believe when I booked it was the "More Merrier Rate" as there are 3 of us going. Would it be worth a call to see about a price drop? We paid in full at time of booking so there is nothing due. Thanks in advance!

Bummer - our sailing never goes down. We booked Early saver on the June 10th Splendor sailing out of NYC and it only goes up. The current rate with the sale is $200 MORE for a room that should be cheaper than ours. We have an aft wrap on deck 6 and the aft extended right next to ours is currently more :(

My sailing did not see a drop either, atleast noting better than it has been. I am not booked ES (boo), but have been flirting with the idea of upselling myself. But the prices are no better than they have been. I am waiting for it to get to a certain price before I will upgrade and its no where near that price. At this rate, I might as well forget looking, as my cruise is in about a month. Oh well, I am happy with my current room choice, even though its not a balcony. The location is prime IMO. :D

Does anyone know if you are booked Easy Saver, can you cancel your cruise, take the $50 hit per person and rebook the SAME cruise? I would still be WAY ahead if I did this. This sale is $470 cheaper than what I booked.

I knew Easy Saver didn't get OBC after final payment, however I wasn't aware I couldn't get price drops BEFORE final payment. Easy Saver was only $50 cheaper than the past guest rate when i booked. If I had known, I would have just booked Past Guest.

Maggie

We've always booked early saver and never actually looked into it. I keep seeing people saying they got $600 in OBC, or even $1000. That sounds crazy to me. What prices are you paying that you get that much back? I don't think we've spent more than $1500 for the two of us on a balcony room, so obviously I don't see us getting $500 back. We're booked on the Dream in September, so this sale doesn't apply to us.

!

Make sure when you price check, you go through the steps of the mock-booking. The lowest price shown if you just search for a cruise is NOT the price that appears when you go through the steps of the mock booking and actually select a room in your cabin category. :) Unless you are lucky enough to get the fareviewer website to work for you. It hasn't worked for me for a long time. I gave up on it and just started doing mock bookings!

Thanks for the advice! My price was lower because of some included upgrades. Our price was down $90 last week and now another $10. Almost covers the tips. :)

My category is sold out but the category above (we're in 8f, so I'm looking at 8g) is down $140pp!! Will they make me upgrade or can I get a price drop? Not ES but 3 months till final payment.

My category is sold out and I submitted a price drop form last week for the category above and they approved it. Just submitted again for this sale.

We've always booked early saver and never actually looked into it. I keep seeing people saying they got $600 in OBC, or even $1000. That sounds crazy to me. What prices are you paying that you get that much back? I don't think we've spent more than $1500 for the two of us on a balcony room, so obviously I don't see us getting $500 back. We're booked on the Dream in September, so this sale doesn't apply to us.

When we booked our Mediterranean cruise, we paid a very reasonable price at the time. The fare has now gone down $840 since booking. I'm not sure if carnival is trying to boost sales after all the trouble they've been having on their other ships, or if they are just having trouble selling cabins on a 12 night Mediterranean sailing in an off-peak season, but either way, we are saving over 30% so far, and there's still almost 6 months to go before we sail! Just keep checking the fares and I'm sure u will have some price drops too! :)

I need help with this! We are booked in an 8C. Have never gotten a price drop. Our category is sold out. There is an 8E available for $200 less. Would we qualify for OBC? I can never figure out which category is above another! :confused::confused::confused: TIA!

Archived