Mahoganey Bay port info

happy cruzer

Hi, Anyone care to share info on the Mahoganey Bay area that Princess uses for Roatan? I looked at the ports of call area and not much info.

Can you get to a beach by walking?

Is there a charge for loungers?

Is there a favorite spot for lunch or drinks?

When does is get crowded?

Snorkeling available from the beach?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Anyone care to share info on the Mahoganey Bay area that Princess uses for Roatan? I looked at the ports of call area and not much info.

Can you get to a beach by walking?

Is there a charge for loungers?

Is there a favorite spot for lunch or drinks?

When does is get crowded?

Snorkeling available from the beach?

Thanks in advance.

I was there in February. Yes, there's a path to the beach. Or, you can take the chair lift for $10 unlimited/pp through Princess or $12 unlimited/pp once there.

At the end of the path are literally hundreds of loungers in the sun or the shade. No charge. We were there from about 10:30am-2:00pm and there were still tons of loungers available both in sun and shade. Someone came around with menus and we ordered lunch directly from the loungers. They brought our drinks and food. We paid by CC and added tip. We didn't go into the water or explore as we just relaxed on the loungers under a tree. It looked like you could swim and probably snorkel if you have the equipment. I'll post photos later.

We were just there last week and decided to spend the day at the Mahogany Bay beach after doing the Clip n Zip zipline.

I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice the beach was and the ease of getting chairs / shade. On a previous visit to Roatan, we made the trip to Little French Key, which costs $90 per person. Yes, that includes lunch, two drinks, and kayaks, but even if you bought food or rented equipment at Mahogany Bay, you'd come out far ahead.

You also don't have to leave early to be sure to get back in time, since the ship is only a 10 minute walk.

Getting off the ship, there's the usual shopping area. Continuing and bearing left gets you to the gate where private tours collect their people on the road. You can walk uphill to get to them but you will see some taxis that will take you uphill for $2 a person.

To the right are a path and a chairlift ($) to the beach. Sit and order from the Fat Tuesday's there or anywhere, including lounge chairs.

Continuing down the beach are a private cabana zone ($~200 for 4 people but they have A/C), another bar, and then a pier which you can snorkel from.

I went to LFK via their package like Trabeler, taking taxis to get out of the tourism village. We shopped on our way back in.

Rick

Carnival manufactured that beach and the associated shopping area for the convenience of their passengers.

If you want a natural instead of a man-made beach and wonderful snorkeling, take a taxi to west bay beach. Usually about $20./cab.

Also suggest that you look on the Roatan Forum here on CC.

I thought the beach walking distance from the ships with the free chairs and the lovely palm trees was one of the most beautiful and relaxing days I've had on a cruise. Man made or not.... I'm sure the rest of the island is just as beautiful but this is great for an inexpensive day.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I thought the beach walking distance from the ships with the free chairs and the lovely palm trees was one of the most beautiful and relaxing days I've had on a cruise. Man made or not.... I'm sure the rest of the island is just as beautiful but this is great for an inexpensive day.

]

This is one of the most beautiful islands I have been to. Yes, areas like Coxen Hole are very poor and would certainly be a turn off if you exited the ship in that area and expected a nice Cozumel or grand Caymen like port to shop in; in fact, that is what happened to my fiancé on his first cruise there, before Mahogany Bay was built and it took a lot of convincing to get him to go back. It is now one of his favorites.

I cannot recommend enough to take a private tour with Victor Bodden or some other provider, or even one from the cruise ship to Gumbalimba park to see the lush gardens and mountain views on the ride over or Tabayana Beach (which has THE BEST from shore shallow snorkeling I have ever experienced). A morning tour would allow time to enjoy the port shopping area and the beach at mahogany bay too.

Archived