Passenger Talent Shows

tachtenberg

Which ships are still having passemger talent shows? I was told by a CD friend that it is up to the individual cruise director if they have them. Personally I enjoy thema lot more than the Princess Idol shows. I know I'm not alone there as the venue is always packed.

Which ships are still having passemger talent shows? I was told by a CD friend that it is up to the individual cruise director if they have them. Personally I enjoy thema lot more than the Princess Idol shows. I know I'm not alone there as the venue is always packed.

They did one on CB first week of March

On the last day of our Dec 12/Jan 13 cruise on the Golden. I saw it as it was right before the Aloha 'Oe show I was participating in.

I've played ukulele in the talent show on the Golden as well as in the Aloha 'Oe show. Great fun. CD Dave is one of the best.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the Caribbean Princess under CD Neal Roberts does not have them. The assistant CD said it was due to being a 7 day cruise. That is BS.

I was nit impressed at all with the cruise staff and found Chris the asst CD to be crude and arrogant. I witnessed him totally berating a technician who was fixing a cable problem before a trivia event and use a gay slur on another staff member. The guy was dressed for a country & western event that was following and Chris called him an "extra from broke back mountain".

There was one on the recent 28 day Star, but, I was told passengers (not me) had to request it from the CD. It was in the Theater on day 26 @4PM, and it was a full house, SRO. I was in i, and it is quite the experience being backstage, performing in front of 800 or so, and having the Tech staff provide professional lighting effects and sound.

To my thinking, this is a nice passenger activity, and Princess should hold one on any voyage longer then 7 days.

Note: I have been in them a few times before, but this was the first time we were in the theater, other times we were in the Vista.

The 10 day Panama cruise on Coral Princess had a passenger talent show this past March. Five of us performed in the Universe Lounge and it was very well attended (maybe because it was a rainy day so no one was by the pools). We had two tap dancers (one had even brought a costume), a harmonica player, and a young man who did an amazing beat box routine. I told a humorous African folktale (but storytelling has been labeled as a very lame talent on a Carnival thread:p) Don't be afraid to do it -at least you give fellow passengers something to talk about.;)

The guy was dressed for a country & western event that was following and Chris called him an "extra from broke back mountain".

If he did that on my cruise, I would report him to a senior officer. That sort of comment is unacceptable. If the technician was black, would he dare call him an "extra from Africa" or some other location.

DON

Archived