Non-Refundable Travel Expense

jigger

Most airlines will charge a change fee. the change fee is what is non rufundable in most cases.

SW doesnt charge anything, so nothing to refund. you get a one year credit. One person fought with Carnival and they did finally get it and got SW to cancel the one year credit somehow.

I would guess that would also mean that IF you have travel insurance, you would be required to file that first???

I would be asking for a refund of my insurance money if Carnival cancelled the cruise.

But I read someone, who had purchased air on a carrier she only intended on using, as it was the only carrier that would take her to the ship she booked, and she longer would use that carrier, fight for her money back, rightfully so.

A credit does nothing if you have no need in the future for that carrier.

Would Carnival know you had travel insurance? Most of the cruises I go on, I don't bother with it since I have worldwide air evac as part of my work insurance, my health insurance follows me worldwide. For the European cruise, I have travel insurance, though. If something like this happened to me, I wouldn't think about double dipping, but I would probably go after the easiest way to get my money back.

Archived