Celebrity vs Royal

I love Royal as well & was considering Celebrity for some itineraries but I feel it may be a bit of an older demographic for me, so you may need to consider this aspect as well as dress code.

Of course what is 'older' is all relevant to your age of course- I am in my 40's & prefer a mixed age group, but with the majority (65%+) of adults 30-55 years.

But I've been told Celebrity would have the majority in the 55+ or maybe even 60+ age group generally speaking, which may or may not appeal to you.:)

Sorry but it's not fair to people who are seeking information and recommendations when others provide advice based on hearsay.

We've done 3 Royal Caribbean cruises and 1 cruise on Celebrity Equinox. While the decor of the Celebrity ship was much more contemporary (looked like a modern contemporary hotel), I didn't feel it was necessarily more formal, or at least not enough for me to notice. Of course, it was an Oct Med cruise, so I expected somewhat different dress than on a Caribbean cruise - cooler temps for one thing. I'm a very informal guy and I was quite comfortable on the Celebrity ship - never felt underdressed or out of place. The ship was visually stunning everywhere you look. The crew was outstanding. Some of them seemed to look for ways to do something above and beyond for that would totally make our day, if not our cruise. I was particularly impressed by the variety and quality of the buffet food - unusually high quality for a buffet. The other thing I really liked was the layout of the ship - no high traffic areas, including the buffet. Looking forward to another Celebrity cruise if we can find one with the right itinerary and price at the right time.

I have been on both and each has its great points. It also depends on ships. i think the specialty rest on Celebrity are much better then the ones through RCL, just preference. I absolutely love the outdoor grille and also the Qsine. I enjoy both the Solstice and Costellation class ships and RCL and the Voyager ships on RCL. The one thing I do notice a bit more on Celebrity is the crew is closer to 2 to 1. Overall both are great experiences, hopefully your C and A member that transfers over the Elite Status on Celebrity. There are good benefits there,

Archived