New 2013 inclusive beverage program details

Bill Leiber

We just returned from our first Azamara "all inclusive" cruise. It was absolutely brilliant in every respect.

It's true it is not really ALL inclusive but the selection of drinks suited most people and it didn't cost a fortune to purchase something better if you wanted it.

I have to say I didn't see any "drunks" of any nationality at any time. The largest group on Azamara were British, but all perfectly well behaved as you would expect!

we just returned from our first azamara "all inclusive" cruise. It was absolutely brilliant in every respect.

It's true it is not really all inclusive but the selection of drinks suited most people and it didn't cost a fortune to purchase something better if you wanted it.

Glad you enjoyed it. Might we anticipate a review?

i have to say i didn't see any "drunks" of any nationality at any time. The largest group on azamara were british, but all perfectly well behaved as you would expect!

:d:d:d

We just returned from our first Azamara "all inclusive" cruise. It was absolutely brilliant in every respect.

It's true it is not really ALL inclusive but the selection of drinks suited most people and it didn't cost a fortune to purchase something better if you wanted it.

I have to say I didn't see any "drunks" of any nationality at any time. The largest group on Azamara were British, but all perfectly well behaved as you would expect!

I am so glad you had such a good time.

We are eagerly anticipating our Quest cruise departing Monte Carlo on May 5.

A friend was also on your cruise and while she also said that she had a great time, mentioned that she thought that the food in the MDR was a bit disappointing.

Would you agree?

We were on Quest in September 2012 and had no complaints at all.

A friend was also on your cruise and while she also said that she had a great time, mentioned that she thought that the food in the MDR was a bit disappointing.

Would you agree?

We were on the Quest in March For the transatlantic Miami to Seville cruise and I thought the main dining room food was absolutely fine. I don't eat meat so my choices are limited but the fish I was served was delicious every night. My husband does eat meat & enjoyed his meals too. The only criticism we had was of the seafood. The prawns were awful & my husband said the lobster was a bit tasteless but really that's the problem with frozen seafood.

I didn't find the choices or the fish so good for me in the buffet but if you eat meat I'm sure you will have no problems. The poolside grill was very poor for non meat eaters so we didn't eat there not at the barbecues where there was only meat, baked potatoes & salad.

This was our first cruise with Azamara so I don't know whether the food was better previously.

We were on the Quest in March For the transatlantic Miami to Seville cruise and I thought the main dining room food was absolutely fine. I don't eat meat so my choices are limited but the fish I was served was delicious every night. My husband does eat meat & enjoyed his meals too. The only criticism we had was of the seafood. The prawns were awful & my husband said the lobster was a bit tasteless but really that's the problem with frozen seafood.

I didn't find the choices or the fish so good for me in the buffet but if you eat meat I'm sure you will have no problems. The poolside grill was very poor for non meat eaters so we didn't eat there not at the barbecues where there was only meat, baked potatoes & salad.

This was our first cruise with Azamara so I don't know whether the food was better previously.

Did you not get the seafood in the buffet, we had sushi/shashimi and then there was shrimp, scallops soft shell crab on various nights all cooked to order(these were our starters we went to dinner later).

Sure the guys there(or in the dining room) would have done whatever you wanted if given notice.

I seem to remember salmon being offered on the grill did you ask for something other than meat?

I also remember on our TA we had 2 brunches plenty of seafood on those.

Did you not get the seafood in the buffet, we had sushi/shashimi and then there was shrimp, scallops soft shell crab on various nights all cooked to order(these were our starters we went to dinner later).

Sure the guys there(or in the dining room) would have done whatever you wanted if given notice.

I seem to remember salmon being offered on the grill did you ask for something other than meat?

I also remember on our TA we had 2 brunches plenty of seafood on those.

Never needed anything else in the dining room, was quite happy with what was there.

As to the buffet have to say I'm not into Suchi. I tried it but wasn't keen, pretty tasteless unless smothered in sauce, same went for the prawns.

Didn't ask at the poolside grill thought it would have been on the menu if available. Why produce a menu without fish if it's available?

Tried the prawns at one of the brunches & they were just wet & really tasteless. The salads were better.

On the whole the food was OK in the buffet just nothing special. I think if you're a non meat eater you're a bit more critical but for meat eaters like my husband it's absolutely fine. Now Oceania's buffet's, that's a whole different story & that's probably why I'm being a bit critical! However we paid a bit more for an Oceania transatlantic so you get what you pay for. We were happy enough with Azamara.

Would you agree?

Well, this was our first cruise on Azamara but out of all the cruise lines we have used, this was the best one for food and everything else (by miles!)

We had planned to dine in the speciality restaurants but the MDR was fantastic so we didn't see the point in going anywhere else. All the people we spoke to were also impressed. I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Didn't ask at the poolside grill thought it would have been on the menu if available. Why produce a menu without fish if it's available?

On every ship what's in the hold is available, some items just needs notice.

How flexable and accomodating a particular ship is depends on how you ask and what they are willing to do.

Don't ask don't get.

On a TA where you have loads of sea days and know you will turn up at a particular place like the pool grill asking for a special should be no problem

just turn up to eat it.

Menus are just a guide.

Would you agree?

Are you staying in Monte Carlo overnight before your cruise? If so, where are you staying?

Are you staying in Monte Carlo overnight before your cruise? If so, where are you staying?

Thanks for your response re the food in the MDR - I am sure it will be fine.

We are staying in Nice for a couple of nights pre-cruise. I must be one of the few people in the world who isn't crazy about Monte Carlo

The staff on Azamara were lovely and I've never seen a Captain so often on any other ship we've cruised on. The officers are also around everywhere and I've heard people on other cruise lines moan about the lack of Officer Presence. I'd definitely recommend Azamara and the only drunks we spotted on the new AI were a couple of tipsy old ladies. They were very restrained, just very giggly :-)

I'm so pleased you didn't mention the quaffing done by the couple who sat near you in the restaurant one evening! By the way, I seem to recall that you loved the red wine one evening? You passed us carrying a glass out of the restaurant. Nothing wrong with that. It just shows how good it was when you don't normally like it!

I hope you have got your housing sorted out and don't have to live on Azamara, Regent, Silversea etc. What a hardship that would be!

Seriously though, it was lovely to meet you both.

Keep up the Zumba!

Joan (and Pip)

Thanks for your response re the food in the MDR - I am sure it will be fine.

We are staying in Nice for a couple of nights pre-cruise. I must be one of the few people in the world who isn't crazy about Monte Carlo

I'm not crazy about it either Hazel. Did the trips there to see the Grand Prix circuit years ago, been back and it's just a very busy place with some nice gin palaces in the harbour. Good to see once or twice, but that's it for me.

Phil

Pardon me for bumping in here, but please be sure to visit the wonderful Chagall Museum in Nice. A bus from downtown stops right across the street from it.

Pam

Pardon me for bumping in here, but please be sure to visit the wonderful Chagall Museum in Nice. A bus from downtown stops right across the street from it.

Pam

;)

Its on my list, we stay in Nice for 3 days before boarding Quest. Thankyou for reminding me I am just doing my todo list now :)

Yvonne:)

Pam

Thanks for the tip Pam,

I have been to Nice many times but have not yet visited the Chagall museum. Hopefully this trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been lurking as I followed this policy get redefined as time goes on, but have decided that now is the time to jump in.

My wife loves to drink Cosmos, usually before dinner in the bar outside the MDR. I notice that Martinis are included in the complimentary list but cosmos are not. Don't have a clue why not since they are no more difficult to prepare and all their ingredients are included in the "Free" list. Does this mean we should ask for some cranberry juice, some vodka and some triple sec and make our own cosmos? Should we start packing a cocktail shaker so we can mix them ourselves, or will the bar tenders willingly loan us theirs?

Just wondering???

I have been lurking as I followed this policy get redefined as time goes on, but have decided that now is the time to jump in.

My wife loves to drink Cosmos, usually before dinner in the bar outside the MDR. I notice that Martinis are included in the complimentary list but cosmos are not. Don't have a clue why not since they are no more difficult to prepare and all their ingredients are included in the "Free" list. Does this mean we should ask for some cranberry juice, some vodka and some triple sec and make our own cosmos? Should we start packing a cocktail shaker so we can mix them ourselves, or will the bar tenders willingly loan us theirs?

Just wondering???

You can have your cosmos just ask for it with triple sec that is what we did and it was no problem.

Just wondering???

As already stated by dfishner, you can get a Cosmo, even though it is not on the list. Reason being that you make a Cosmo with Cointreau. However you can substitute Triple Sec for Cointreau and on Quest a fortnight ago they would do this with no problem and the Cosmos were very nice and went down well! :eek:

Hello 2fromTO -

I appreciate your patience while waiting for information about the liquor package that will be included with the Perry Golf Package in conjunction with the forthcoming British Open Cruise on the Azamara Quest.

The "Ultimate Package" will be included ($18.95 per person, per day) which includes the all the Premium Package and Top-Shelf Package brands plus Belvedere Intense, Christiania, Grey Goose, The Balvenie, Highland Park Aged 12 Years, Johnnie Walker Black Label, The Macallan Select Oak, Laphroaig, Zacapa 23, Hendrick's, Baker's, Basil Hayden's, Booker's, Knob Creek, Patrón Silver, Courvoisier VSOP, Rémy Martin VSOP and more...

My best wishes for a wonderful vacation on this fantastic itinerary and good luck with your golfing!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello 2fromTO -

I appreciate your patience while waiting for information about the liquor package that will be included with the Perry Golf Package in conjunction with the forthcoming British Open Cruise on the Azamara Quest.

The "Ultimate Package" will be included ($18.95 per person, per day) which includes the all the Premium Package and Top-Shelf Package brands plus Belvedere Intense, Christiania, Grey Goose, The Balvenie, Highland Park Aged 12 Years, Johnnie Walker Black Label, The Macallan Select Oak, Laphroaig, Zacapa 23, Hendrick's, Baker's, Basil Hayden's, Booker's, Knob Creek, Patrón Silver, Courvoisier VSOP, Rémy Martin VSOP and more...

My best wishes for a wonderful vacation on this fantastic itinerary and good luck with your golfing!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks Bill. That is good news. We will especially enjoy the single malts!

We are very excited about this cruise. My husband has always wanted to golf in Scotland and attending the British Open on the final day is like a hole in one!

A question for Bill, if I may.

I see that Becks beer is included in the Inclusive list - does that include Becks Blue ( non-alcoholic ) ? As it is cheaper than alcoholic Becks it would seem logical to include it but could you clarify this matter. Many thanks.

A question for Bill, if I may.

I see that Becks beer is included in the Inclusive list - does that include Becks Blue ( non-alcoholic ) ? As it is cheaper than alcoholic Becks it would seem logical to include it but could you clarify this matter. Many thanks.

Hello Raskelf -

Thank you for your question. I'll seek out that information for you and report it on this thread.

Thank you for vacationing with Azamara!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Athens - Mumbai on Journey last year I paid for the drinks package:

Bombay Sapphire, Chivas Regal, Pimms, Grolsch beer, Pilsener Urquell beer:

NO PROBLEM!

Now the fares have gone up but it's all inclusive - Whoopee!

Oh no it's not Whoopee - I'll have to pay a supplement for these drinks. I don't think so Azamara!

If you are reading this Bill, Azamara need to think about this a little more clearly.

Yes if it's really a premium brand like a 5* cognac or a malt whisky I don't expect it to be inclusive, but a couple of beers in the day and a Chivas nightcap isn't unreasonable, so come on Azamara - listen to your customers!

I'm not crazy about it either Hazel. Did the trips there to see the Grand Prix circuit years ago, been back and it's just a very busy place with some nice gin palaces in the harbour. Good to see once or twice, but that's it for me.

Phil

There I was thinking it was just me!

I thought the cafes looked tatty around the harbour with the plastic tables with no cloths. We had just been to Sicily to a little port where all the cafes' tables were set with cloths, glasses & napkins. However you'd think I'd come out with some four letter words when I said it to fellow cruisers. Blasphemy!

I'd already booked Athens - Dubai 2013 before the 'all inclusive' was finalised.

HJowever, naively I'd assumed that the drinks that were available on the old Standard Package would become inclusive. I'm not so naive as to expect complimentary Dom Perignon, Chateau Lafite and Henessy XO.

Perhaps it would have been better to say, "Some drinks will now be available within the price of your cruise" rather than leading us to believe that all but Premium brands would be inclusive.

It's not a question of wanting to drink to excess, but a question of being mislead - dare I say even mis-sold?

It's a shame the bean-counters don't achieve the same level of customer service as the sea-going staff.