Legend of the Seas Borneo Cruise March 2013 Picture Review

A word on the wine pours. I noticed that the Sommelier would pour only a small portion of wine each time. The reason is not to save costs, but rather to let you enjoy the wine in smaller portions. The wine glasses (all crystal so it seems) helps to bring out the taste in the wine. The Sommelier was very attentive and he would re-fill the wines once he sees that you have finished them.

In fact, you can even ask for re-fills of wines from previous courses, and have plenty of seconds or thirds. My table mates made fun of me – I was drinking too much. The Sommelier kept re-filling my favourite wine and I kept finishing it quickly. Let the Sommelier know which wine you really like and which you don’t care for, and you can watch your glass getting re-filled quickly. Good stuff!

2wg87kn.jpg

A closer look. I am not a big fan of lamb and hardly eat lamb at all. But, I must say, this lamb was excellent. The best I’ve ever had. I couldn’t stop eating even though by this time, I was rather full. The key to bringing out the taste was the Port Wine glaze (not seen here, it comes like a thick sauce which the Sommelier serves, and most of us asked for more). Wow.

v64474.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

This was the dessert trio. This was the weakest link, in my opinion. The dessert was moderately good, but not what one would expect for a Chef’s Table. Perhaps my palate has already been won over by Portofino’s Dessert Sampler, so nothing else compares? Anyway, I didn’t finish my dessert.

1447nt0.jpg

Really enjoy your pictures. We will be on the Legend in November doing three B-2-B which include 2 Panama Canal cruises. Can you please tell me which deck the Concierge and Diamond Lounges are on. Also if possible can you take a picture of the white wine menu showing prices.

Thank you

I always enjoy your reviews. We are on the sister ship Splendour in a few months out of Venice and it looks as though the ships are very similar. RCI has done a very good job of revitalizing their older ships. The Legend looks great. Thanks for taking the time to share your photos and comments.

Edited by cruisingator2

Really enjoy your pictures. We will be on the Legend in November doing three B-2-B which include 2 Panama Canal cruises. Can you please tell me which deck the Concierge and Diamond Lounges are on. Also if possible can you take a picture of the white wine menu showing prices.

Thank you

We are on in Feb. with 3 B2B, so really enjoyed the photos. Thank you very much!!:)

With Izumi and Chops located in the Viking Crown area, is there any other seating or bar in that lounge still available? Also, isn't the Concierge Lounge also in the Viking Crown area?

The Concierge lounge is on deck 9 in between the main pool and the solarium.