Have You Ever Ran Into Someone You Know On A Cruise?

when my parents took me on my HS graduation cruise, during the muster drill I looked down the hall and saw one of my good friends that I had just graduated with. Made the week that much better, especially since it was completely random

Last August I booked the Glory out of Boston with my nephew. We were just finishing up the Mustard Drill, when a voice called out "Hey, Tonya!" It was my boss, the Chief of Police. :eek: We even ended up being seated next to her the last night at dinner.

We were in Cozumel a few years back and we see a couple and the husband has a t shirt on with the logo of a big company here in Connecticut. We get to talking with them ,and in deed they are from Connecticut. The husband did work at that company and we knew a bunch of people in common. The kicker was they live the next block over from us .

The really weird one....... DW has a running joke about the fact that years and years ago I dated a girl named Sabrina. A lot of teenage witch remarks, and having a wart on her nose ,and flying on a broom, and I didn't break up with her I threw a bucket of water on her and melted her. *LOL* Just silly remarks being a wise ass.

I hadn't seen this girl in easily 20 years.

2 years ago we are in Las Vegas with my buddy and his GF . We go to dinner ...who do we see?????? ....Sabrina and her husband ..... She only lives the next town over fron us but we never ran into eachother. They actually came down on the same plane as us , and they were at the same show we saw the night before .

They ended up having dinner with us that night and we had a great time talking and catching up. Her and DW actually got along very well. They had af few too mnay and my wife told her about all the jokes she has made at her expense *LOL*

She just laughed and said "Trust me between the teen age witch and the Audrey Hepburn movie , I have heard them all" :)

Never have run into anyone I know on a cruise. A few years ago I ended up meeting a single lady traveling with her girls...I was a single lady traveling with my boys same age...kids hit it off, moms hit it off...cruise was out of Florida and she lived less than a mile from me back in Texas...none of us had ever met prior, kids or moms. Go figure.

I had been in a Euchre card club for close to twenty years. I dropped out when I moved to another county. On my Carnival Miracle cruise a few years back, I ran into a gal and her husband from my card club in the buffet area. Unfortunately, it was near the end of the sailing, but we had a nice chat that day, and she came to tea with us the last sea day. It was great to catch up on what all the ladies were up to.

I was a cashier at a dollar store and one of my customers that I hated ( but she thought we all loved her ) was so surprised that she would see me on a panama cruise because it was so expensive, she did not know how we could afford it ...and yes she actually said this to me. And on a Mexican cruise the people on the balcony beside us lived one block away from us.

Twice. In 2002 I was on a mostly land trip that started in Canada's far northern Northwest Territories and traveled to Skagway where we boarded the Zaandam. I was in Whitehorse just leaving the Opera House when I noticed some familiar looking tee shirts on the people walking ahead of me. I called out to ask where they were from. I'm a volunteer with the local fire department. It turned out to be the Chief from a neighboring company with his wife and my County Executive with his wife. Both of the wives were also involved in the local fire service. They had started in Fairbanks on a HAL tour and were also headed for the Zaandam. We met several other times on the ship.

I cruise a lot with a specialty small ship company (Blount Small Ship Adventures). On embarkation day of my first QM2 crossing one of their crew members came up to me. I found that QM2 voyage quite impersonal (others have been better) and on that voyage he was the only "crew" person who ever addressed me by name.

Roy

Last year on the Fascination, we ran into the father of one of DD's friends on the last day of the cruise. We have done this several times at Disney, too. I guess there's a reason they are always playing "It's a small world after all". :p

My beer teacher....

I want a beer teacher! How do I get one??

We were on a cruise in Hawaii, and someone sat at our table...it was our neighbor from 3 doors down...we live in MI!

Small world!

Yes. We have run into people from home on ships and were surprised to see them. :) Mostly it was a 'good thing' but there was one it would have been fine had we not run into him. :D

Once while on a cruise that had a stop in Aruba, DW & I were at Baby Beach. She spotted another couple we knew from our home town. The were on vacation at an all inclusive resort. We chatted for a bit about the chance encounter so many miles from home.:)

here's one that almost happened - right after we were married (30 years ago) my wife and I almost went on a cruise with a couple of friends, but had to back out before final payment.

guess who the friends ended up sitting with at dinner?

my wife's ex and new bride...

might have been fun, who knows?

Yep! I was waiting on the ice show to begin when I heard an unmistakable laugh and lo and behold, there across the way were my ex-inlaws! I didn't actually meet up with them in person until a few days later in the Windjammer, where we had a great visit!

Archived