Re-do the Jewel

Well I lve the Jewel. Just booked for 2014. Yes I think its time for updating

Here is a link to the revitalization schedule. The Jewel was on it but has been removed. Information about when it is having changes made has not been posted here as far as I know.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

I can't find any info. Are there any plans to refurbish the Jewel ? Outside movie screens etc ?

Here is the link to RCI's page on the Revitalization project.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations

You will notice that Jewel OTS is not listed here or on the linked pdf file. RCI has not released a specific time yet for her as far as I know.

I too would prefer she remain as is with the Sea View Cafe just like it is now :)

The original plans did not call for the Jewel to be revitalized until 2016. More recently there have been reports that she is now scheduled for revitalization sometime in 2014 but, to the best of my knowledge, there has been no official confirmation of that report. I am sure that at some point, the revitalization will take place and I am hopeful that they will build on the experiences they gained from the first three ships, and the result will be the best of all that has gone before. Brilliance is next in line to be redone and we will have an opportunity to see the results when we sail on her in August. Most reports on the first two ships to undergo the process seem to be favorable, although the elimination of the Seaview Cafe is not something that most of us favor. As far as the large poolside screen goes, I have read that RCI is much more conservative in its operation and the result is far less intrusive and objectionable than similar screens on other lines such as Princess and Carnival. I hope that those reports are accurate.

Last official date I saw was for 2016... although we keep hearing rumors about them pushing it up.

Count me among those that like the Radiance Class ships in their original state... As much as I like Park Cafe, I HATE the change that it's made in the atmosphere of the Solarium. That was always my favorite spot on the Radiance Class ships, but no more.... :(

The original plans did not call for the Jewel to be revitalized until 2016. More recently there have been reports that she is now scheduled for revitalization sometime in 2014 but, to the best of my knowledge, there has been no official confirmation of that report. I am sure that at some point, the revitalization will take place and I am hopeful that they will build on the experiences they gained from the first three ships, and the result will be the best of all that has gone before. Brilliance is next in line to be redone and we will have an opportunity to see the results when we sail on her in August. Most reports on the first two ships to undergo the process seem to be favorable, although the elimination of the Seaview Cafe is not something that most of us favor. As far as the large poolside screen goes, I have read that RCI is much more conservative in its operation and the result is far less intrusive and objectionable than similar screens on other lines such as Princess and Carnival. I hope that those reports are accurate.

When we were on Radiance, I couldn't even stay at the pool deck party because they were blasting it so loudly. You couldn't talk to anyone, and it was actually painful on the eardrums. :rolleyes: The movies during the day are just annoying, and difficult to watch in sunlight. If they showed the fish thing all the time, that would be fine. They don't really have "movies under the stars" They had a Grease sing along with about 8 people, pool bar closed...not entertaining.

maybe they are rethinking it - I know they have toned down both Serenade and Brilliance a bit from the original Radiance refit. They crammed in too much to Radiance and took away from some of her best features.IMHO

This very question was asked onboard the Jewel,the 19th of March,2013,during a question/answer session with the 3 senior officers of the ship. (I was there firsthand)

The captain (Captain James)responded. He stated that the Jewel is schedulded for a major refitting/overhaul,in the 2016 calander year.

Also,I too love the Seaview café,and hate to see it go :(

If they looking for easy conversion,IMO,it wouldn't take too much to change the Seaview café into a Johnny Rockets. The grill/counter are in same place,as other JohnnY Rockets in the fleet.

My wifey said their plans are to eliminate the Seaview cafes across the fleet,and add Park cafes in their place. Park café ok/good......but I happen to like the Seaview café better!

Also,I too love the Seaview café,and hate to see it go :(

If they looking for easy conversion,IMO,it wouldn't take too much to change the Seaview café into a Johnny Rockets. The grill/counter are in same place,as other JohnnY Rockets in the fleet.

My wifey said their plans are to eliminate the Seaview cafes across the fleet,and add Park cafes in their place. Park café ok/good......but I happen to like the Seaview café better!

The Park Cafe is going in all the Solariums. Right now the Seaview has been replaced by Samba Grill on Radiance and Izumi on Serenade and Brilliance.

Several months ago the revitalization schedule showed it for 2014. Now, as others have said, it isn't on there. While that other schedule was still out we talked about it with the Facilities Manager on another ship and he said they were doing some serious re-thinking about what should be done so it would definitely be at least a couple more years. That does sound like maybe some of the currently planned changes won't be made. I'm curious to see what all they do (restaurant wise) with Brilliance.

When we were on Radiance, I couldn't even stay at the pool deck party because they were blasting it so loudly. You couldn't talk to anyone, and it was actually painful on the eardrums. :rolleyes: The movies during the day are just annoying, and difficult to watch in sunlight. If they showed the fish thing all the time, that would be fine. They don't really have "movies under the stars" They had a Grease sing along with about 8 people, pool bar closed...not entertaining.

Your comments are the first negative ones I have read about how the new poolside screens are used. If what you describe proves to be typical of the operation, I will join you in voicing my distaste for this "improvement". I still believe, however, that, used properly and on a limited basis, the screens can offer a pleasing entertainment option.

Archived